It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Eye. New Child Protection Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is a concept that should be adopted in every state.
Found here: www.nytimes.com...
ID Badges and the electronic eye. Parents can breathe easier knowing thier children are safe.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Seems a bit excessive to me personally. The only real benefit I see would be if your child could wander into a room or area of you property that was a serious risk, like the Garage, Pool, or the S&M Spare Bedroom that you have for those special occasions. For that all you need is some locks on the doors and a fence w/gate around your pool which is a good idea to have anyway even for small pets which I've known to drown in pools.

I realize that having a kid is a lot of work, I have a little neice that can play for like 18 hrs. straight, which not many adults can handle. This plus a job and stuff is difficult. However I guess I'm just one of those types of people who think that Parents have a Responsibility to Watch & Play with their kids instead of finding ways of 'Safely Ignoring Them'.

Lock the doors, put safety catches on the cabinets, pick up the crap that they'll choke on if & when they stick it in their mouth and most of all just keep your damn eyes on them and spend time with them if you're there too. It's not long until they'll be old enough not to have to worry about which room their in and still be safe. Plus, it's about that time that they'll start seeing you as the authority figure and avoid playing with you, so you'd better enjoy their Innocent Goofy Playfulness while you can!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I fail to see to good in this: a good parent will always be a good parent and a bad parent will always be a bad parent, electronic eye or not. I grew up in my family home, which communicated with my parents' workshop. According to today's statistics I should have been badly maimed or killed by the devilish machineries they used, or by the trucks and lorries coming and going. But it never happened. That's because my parents never allowed me to wander at will and clearly explained that getting too close to this or that would kill me. No soft words, just the plain truth. Also, they never allowed me to wander around alone: even today they call me sometimes asking where I have been because my mobile was turned off! And I am 28! A parent leaving his kids alone for hours or not explaining that giving confidence to a stranger could lead to catastrophic consequences is just asking for troubles. But today's parents are a different breed...

join