It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Journey In Type II Diabetes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

Just as an aside, with the possibilty of the kidney having a hormone producing tumor, the most likely aldosterone, yes, it does cause issues with potassium. It is very detailed, but, they will likely have to re-image in some fashion, then may do a needle aspirate.

Blood tests for aldosterone and renin can determine if it is primary or secondary aldosteronism, but my symptoms alone seem to match primary. If this is the case, I will have to go on a potassium sparing hormone replacement therapy drug, or possible tumor removal. That is all in the future, and just depends, so I shall cross that bridge when I get to it.

However, just wanted to touch on the potassium issue, though my labs a month ago were normal, the gastro didn't feel he needed new labs, which both myself and the PA at my PMC thought was unusual, and negligible.

Anyway, I have intermittent issues that seem like potassium loss, and have been using Silver Centrum and food for replacement. Although that one effect I was referring to was very specific to red wine. These effects now, are very recent.

edit on 20-12-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

First-I am not a doc. That said. You need to read up on initial diagnoses for Type II. I know they will say once you have it you always have it but remember that alopathic medicine, AMA ect. do not believe that disease can be cured only treated.
I seem to remember that an A1c below 4.5 is not significant for Type II.
Since it is so low it is obvious that your Pancreas is producing enough insulin to take care of whatever carbs you are eating. Also if the deficiencies continue there are modified Atkins diets that allow some complex carbs and I have found success with brown rice, and Ezekiel bread as well as some of the gluten free choices. There are other sources of the vitamins you are missing as well.
The reason they put those things in flour is the processing takes it out so if you buy breads from a health store like whole foods or trader joe's (read the labels) you would be getting whole flours. They still raise your sugars, but since they usually don't contain corn syrup ect it is much less. Also since the breads are denser they are more filling so you tend to eat less which also helps to keep the sugars down.
I went from using an entire bottle of insulin a day to just meds now by just cutting back the carbs. I have fibromyalgia and don't exercise much but still lost over 100 lbs in 2 years.
Blessings

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just dropping by with an update. Saw my PA yesterday, and she reviewed my CT results.

She ran a serum AM cortisol level, aldosterone, and renin level.

She also had me get an abdominal ultrasound due to lower left quadrant abdominal pain after the passing of what seemed like a kidney stone. The stone started passing two days after the CT, that was on Friday the 13, and seemed to finish the following Tuesday. The pain went away, but came back.

The ultrasound tech would not be a good poker player. It was obvious she found something, but the tech is not allowed to say what. She went from having a very blase' attitude to acting like a kid at Christmas. She got very excited, and went from someone that made it clear she was uninterested in chatting, to grillling me with a thousand questions.

"So. Left quadrant pain, huh? How long has this been going on? Does it hurt all the time? I bet your cycles are messed up? I bet you have a lot of back pain."

She left the room at one point, and came back, asking me when I had had my mastectomy. I informed her that I'd never had a mastectomy, and it suddenly became clear that she had looked at my previous records and seen my mammogram and ultrasound for breast masses, which turned out to be multiple benign breast masses. This was quite disconcerting to me, as it seemed she was thinking she had found a metastasis of some sort.

She left the room several times, grilling me and then leaving. The last time, she began the exam all over again, redoing the entire thing. It was a long, and very painful exam.

At one point, I asked her what was going on, and told her she was frightening me. She hemmed and hawed, but never answered me. From that point on, she clammed up, and didn't really speak again.

After she concluded the exam, she just told me to get dressed, then informed me that my doctor would receive the results in a few days.

I walked out feeling upset, and very concerned. Even after the exam when I had the breast ultrasound, the doctor spoke with me about the results before I left.

I am kicking myself now, for not asking to see the radiologist before I left.

Oh well, now I wait.

edit on 1-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join