It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the First Time Ever, a Prosecutor Will Go to Jail for Wrongfully Convicting an Innocent Man

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I'm sure all that wealth isn't there any more. While theoretically that's as close to justice as you can get as you can't give the man back his life spent in prison.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

There's at least one other person here guilty in my opinion. The witness. If I witnessed a crime and someone was charged that wasn't the person I saw do it and the DA or the defense didn't use me, I'd be going to the media, the web and any other venue I had to to get my story out and save an innocent man.

Lil

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Do you hear that?

Really listen..

Do you hear that ruffling?

That is the sound of decades and decades worth of convictions being appealed because this guy's actions are now suspect in every court decision he has ever been a part of before AND after this incident.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is why I think Nancy Grace is really a major danger to society. (If you read about her background it seems like it's not squeaky clean when she was a prosecutor.)

She encourages society to convict and assume people are guilty before all the evidence is heard.

There are almost no checks and balances to make sure judges and lawyers act in a legal, ethical and competent manner. After all, it's the lawyers investigating the lawyers.

And if it's difficult to convict a lawyer for obvious illegal acts, it's pretty much impossible to prove bias/favoritism or just plain incompetence.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

damn, unfortunatley this is happening more and more..its no wonder that people are going postal..too bad they are going to the wrong adresses
this lieing pos should lose his freedom for 25 yrs and be sued into the next century

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It is amazing how text on a screen can make your adrenaline fire.

I had to research this and without looking too far I found lots. Unfortunately I also saw a picture of Mr Ken Anderson; what a disgusting pig - I would willingly hurt it!

I sincerely hope one of them random nutters, that every country has got hiding in their woodwork, gets hold of this c**t, locks him in a basement for the next 25 years and rapes him day in day out, causing him an inhumane amount of pain.

(I am not religious AT ALL, but I want to try something)

God if you can hear us down hear, please make this man Ken Anderson suffer every sufferable bit of suffering that mankind has collectively experienced the past 25 years...Amen

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

While I have to agree, this Lawyer/Judge (lol jk) should face at least the same amount of time the man he sentenced got for this SPECIFIC CASE, I do not think Prosecutors should constantly face punishment in each of their cases. Otherwise, it would set a precedent everywhere for Prosecutors to NOT do the job to the best of their abilities for fear of going to jail. Think about it, you are putting prosecutors in an impossible position. Go at the case with everything they have and try to win justice for victims and risk themselves going to jail, or not risk themselves going to jail and getting rolled over by the equally corrupt Defense Lawyers.

Just playing devils advocate here.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

this reminds of a quote from a simple american "hero" that some prisoners take comfort in...

Under a government which imprisons unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.
- Henry David Thoreau

i don't know much about this man, but reading about him in history books gave me hope of some sort. it's difficult to trust history books now though when i knew that a lot of it is colored by people in power.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Sounds good to me! Too bad we will never see this occur! This has not been the first time prosecutors hid the
truth in order to push through a conviction! It is apparent that evil is on both sides of crime and punishment! It's very unfortunate that there are so many people whom are quick to judge those accused based on flimsy evidence because of our ineffective judiciary system!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

for sure ..i wonder if there would be an automatic review by the state or fed of his previous convictions and decisions?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

My friend in England was set up by a woman landlady of a pub that did an inside job and blamed my friend to take the wrap.
He had been in the pub earlier and left and went across the road to another pub,when he came out of that one the landlady from the previous pub was a bit beaten and stood with Police and pointed my friend out as someone who had battered her and stole the nights takings which belong to the brewery.
He was arrested and the prosecution did such a good job at making him look guilty that he got a minimum 8 years sentence but what happened next is brilliant that proves justice still exists.
After the guilty verdict and the sentence the Judge orders the defense and the prosecution into his chambers and tears the prosecution to ribbons.
He told them they knew full well that my friend was innocent and got him sent to prison regardless,he was particularly miffed to find that there was no forensic evidence whatsoever such as fibres cross contaminating my friends clothes or any form of D.N.A. even though he has supposed to have battered her and thrown her around.
The Judge told the defense they should personally launch an appeal as there had been a travesty of justice as the prosecution had won over the Jury but not seen to Justice.
My friends served 6 months before being released and getting 50 000 pounds in compo.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Libertygal
You know what? I am LIVING this nightmare, right now, and have been, with my son. The entire county court system is in on it, and you know what?

Without money, and I mean LOTS OF MONEY, no one cares. We have proof. Lots of proof. The DA was "asked to resign" after falsifying evidence or witholding evidence in cases to increase his prosecution rate, and make the county look good.

Some, a very limited few, of his cases are being reheard, under the cover and protection of the court. No one is talking, and no one will.

This is the third or fourth DA the county has lost to corruption, all quietly swept under the rug. The corruption is mind boggling, from the jail to the judges, to the Prosecutors office.

The DA that prosecuted his case went on to be HIS JUDGE, who then denied him bail. Can you say conflict in interest? It took a court battle alone, to get him to recuse himself, and then they refused a new bond hearing, even though the first was invalid on it's face. He sat in jail, in forced lockdown, for over two years, in isolation, before trial. He was denied speedy trial. His civil rights were violated by locking him in isolation for over two years before he was convicted. That alone was illegal.

And no one cares, no one will listen, because money talks, and I don't have any. Certainly not the 100k they are baiting me for.

So, he sits, railroaded, hidden and falsified evidence, documents, a fake indictment, and no one cares. 25 years for something he didn't do

And in the meantime, he lost his common law wife of 7 years who just died, and the kids, who went back to her abusive ex. Terrified, and abused again.

But for that almight dollar...
edit on 9-11-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

The OP and your post make me so angry it's unbelievable!! But it also makes me happy. 2 years ago I made a decision to leave the USA because of how bad it's gotten. This time next year I'll be living in the country my grandfather left as a boy to come to the USA.

When your son gets out, tell him to visit Europe and meet a nice girl (not very hard really). Marry her and never look back, you and his kids can probably join after a year as his dependents if he's earning a good living.

There are problems everywhere yes, but America seems to have a cloud raining gasoline on the fire!!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Sorry to hear of this injustice in your life. Is this a Wilco case?

I worked with the Prison Workers Union on Williamson County cases and can tell you that there are hundreds of cases like that of your sons that have happened over the years and are still happening. Back in 1999 were pushing for an investigation in to the justice system in Williamson county and every Federal office including the State Attorneys Office laughed at the idea of any kind of injustce in Texas. The honorable office of Governor Bush referred us back to the county that we wanted investigated. I thought I was in the twilight zone. Turns out that I was.

Texas is a buddy system that requires lots of money to belong to. No money no justice.

If this is a wilco case you could PM me and I could walk you through a couple of things that may be of assistance.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The one good thing that I see coming from this will be the review that can and I am sure will be called for on each and every case that Anderson has either prosecuted or ruled over where innocence is still claimed.

The whole damned county is corrupt, every last one of them. You have to be corrupt if you want a career in the justice system.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I all honesty how many really think this was an isolated incident? If the Judge did that as a prosecutor I wonder what other cases he threw the defendant under the bus?

I doubt this is an isolated case but usually just SOP in some court systems where lawyers and prosecutors deal clients like a traded commodity .....

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

BlubberyConspiracy

I'm sure all that wealth isn't there any more. While theoretically that's as close to justice as you can get as you can't give the man back his life spent in prison.

I know what he went through. I did a PhD (funded for three years), was establishing a research career, when out of the nowhere, an alumni student from China demand a copy of all my work. I refused, he went up the academic chain of command. Days later I'm being told to hand my work over to another international student. I Pointed out that that area of research was in the contract they signed. So they dragged my thesis out for another four years. All this time I had no income and had to depend on help from my parents on paying the bills and a five figure credit card debt.

No amount of money or employment position would ever compensate for those lost years. Doing simple things like cycling through the years when setting the time on an alarm clock brings it all back. And I don't even know who exactly was responsible, though I've got a few clues. Like so many other PhD's I know who were treated in a similar way, the only way to keep it out of my mind is to work in a country other than the UK.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The punishment does not fit the crime in my opinion. Making a mistake is one thing, but knowingly withholding evidence that goes to proving someone's innocence is a crime that takes some awareness. Prosecutors are supposed to be about finding the truth, and putting the criminals in jail. But it seems many, just like the police, are focused more on other things. Public office requires sacrifice, and it is about SERVING. That is the plain and simple truth.

Yet SOOOO many people who get in these positions are out for themselves. Selfish people CANNOT serve the public via a public office. It goes against natural law and logic. We see it all the time with politicians as well.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Lilroanie
reply to post by Domo1

There's at least one other person here guilty in my opinion. The witness. If I witnessed a crime and someone was charged that wasn't the person I saw do it and the DA or the defense didn't use me, I'd be going to the media, the web and any other venue I had to to get my story out and save an innocent man.

Lil

Exactly. It's duty to report misconduct. The witness must have been apathetic to the extreme. Or scared.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I hope everyone understands that it's not only time, and heartache that these idiots caused, but the millions of tax dollars that were wasted, are being wasted, and will be wasted.

Let's see 50k per inmate per year.

Legal costs to convict each person that they sent to jail.

Now the mess they left will cost Millions. Why? Because almost every case that judge presided over will most likely be over-turned.

Does the punishment fit the crime?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

He's not going to jail for convicting an innocent man, rather he's going to jail for an attempt of court type charge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join