It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contributionism: A pipe dream or a new paradigm.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I think just about everyone at some point in their lives have fantasized about dropping whatever they are doing and starting over again in an idyllic environment. The thought of leaving the rat race behind and living somewhere else in a more cohesive and compassionate setting has been a dream throughout mankind’s history. And some have even attempted to cross over from many walks of life. We have often read of very successful individuals, one day waking up and leaving the competitive, materialistic dog-eat-dog routine for a less stressful, slower paced lifestyle. However perfect this may seem, there always remains a fundamental problem in our modern society: money, bearing the roots of all troubles.

Next month will mark the inauguration of the first Ubuntu Movement under the auspices of Michael Tellinger in South Africa and he has assembled a small group of volunteers to launch this creation.
Below are some links:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

My interest in this endeavor is whether or not such an outing of this kind could theoretically flourish and could it really be possible for a society to function in this manner and proliferate over an extended time period. Aside from Tellinger’s theories on the origins of man and his slave species rhetoric, I’m compelled to follow this venture of a moneyless, transactionless society where every person contributes his/her talents for the betterment of the community. If this is to succeed, all forms of competition must cease. Tellinger, himself, admits that he has been overwhelmed by the public’s response and encouragement to bring forth this innovative culture. So the seeds are there and many do believe it is a possibility.

But something still bothers me; I have been of the belief that most human motivations of behavior stem from sexuality and this, in turn, creates the competitive instinct prevalent in most societies today. This, I realize, is over simplifying the situation but I think it still holds merit. Would this drive need to be somehow eliminated in order for the new ideals to flourish and can we as humans ever break the chains of enslavement that have been around our ankles for millennia? Monarchies, kingdoms and taxation in all forms were previously prevalent and still exist today as a method of control and subjugation of the masses. The banking establishment has contributed to our enslavement in recent times and it’s apparent that a change of some kind is forthcoming. We, as a species, should progress and it is hoped that we do, such as in the somewhat idealized Ubuntu Movement.

edit on pam1109America/ChicagoSat, 09 Nov 2013 03:35:49 -0600496am13 by pandersway because: I made a mistake in the link

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pandersway

What a disappointing thing, to read a thought provoking post and to click a link only to find a guy talking about free energy.

Don't they understand that hydrocarbon synthesis is possible with external energy? (en.wikipedia.org...) What that means in simple terms is that if you can make a free energy machine, you can use it to make gasoline out of air and water. You can flood the markets with black market gasoline made in secret locations, and if you're eco-conscious, don't worry - the carbon it produces is pulled from the air beforehand, so its carbon neutral.

So seriously, I'm sick of hearing about free energy. Show up at my door with $2.50 a gallon gasoline made from air and water, and I'll buy buy buy, and send you to 50 more people who will do the same. But until you have that in hand, honestly its just better to shush up.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

It wasn't the free energy that I was focusing on but the Ubuntu Movement itself. Perhaps the second link is the better of the two. It is the moneyless society that is of interest not forms of energy!!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Need Robot Laborers or it wont work.

Humans too lazy and lethargic.....Mammals....

Make Mine Freedom (1948)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVh75ylAUXY
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pandersway

I have a great deal of compassion for the philosophy of Ubuntu.
en.wikipedia.org...
And I honestly think Africa has a lot to teach us, a lot to offer.

I'll tell you my story of when I first met "Ubuntu". I was living in Seattle, I was going through a horrible break-up and wanted to die. So I went out at night to some goth/metal club, to sit in the corner and drink myself into a stupor. I had just ordered my drink, and I was scanning the tables looking for a place to sit. I saw groups of people, wearing black and sticking to themselves at tables, and I saw other depressed looking people, when something caught my eye. It was a perfectly out-of-place person. A black guy, in business attire, with a toothy big grin, waving me over to his table. He kept shouting something like "hail" (I can't remember the word) and waving me to his table. It was so bizarre, I actually went, and sat down and started to talk to him.

It turned out he was from Africa (I can't remember which country) and was here on business, sad because he was away from his family. He told me that in his country, people would often sit in little circles on the side of the road, and if they had any extra - beer, food, whatever, they would shout out that word to lonely strangers walking on the road, and wave them to join, so they could partake and have a smile, sit together, and get to know each other. I remember how bizarre it was to hear... They didn't care if their guest was rich or poor, respectable or not... it was just about giving a smile and connecting to another human. He described a culture with an innate sense of human value... It gave me a glimpse of an amazing culture over there. The culture he described did have the weaknesses and problems we often hear about, but it also had a lot to teach us about kindness, which we hear about way less. I hope to go to Africa some day.

So as far as Ubuntu as a global force? Yes. Human connection is a force of nature, human worth is a force of nature. That's what MLK tapped with his "soul force". It will be a power for the foreseeable future.

But on the other hand, this force is gold. Supreme and perfect as any scientific law. When I see this guy trying to tie these ideas to BS ideas like free energy, I see the subconscious puppet show of empire and colonialism playing out once again, whether this guy knows it or not. Distortion is distortion is distortion, and lies are always a weapon against those they are told to.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
That Ubuntu movement guy is cool especially the work he's doing going around Africa exploring those gold mines. I had never come across this idea before thanks to the indoctrination of the silly long word systems that you have to choose from . More power to this guy and the Ubuntu movement and I think it's doable at least in small countries or city clusters to start with but there are some issues that need ironing out but I think we can take baby steps in that direction by only swapping some industries to this contributionism basis to start with such as one industry per town perhaps. I think it'll be a much better world and this idea has its merits especially in the times we live in.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Thanks for your story... it's quite interesting and I too am anxious to travel through southern Africa.

It seems people have a great deal of compassion when someone is really in need. Several times in my life I've been picked up and 'rescued' from pretty bad situations by strangers and I've tried to do the same as balance.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I think the moneyless society is a great idea....it is one that i have given a fair amount of thought to myself. One thing that most people probably don't realize is that money has never accomplished anything. Everything that has been made ...has been made by human thought and effort. When we can clearly realize this we will be headed in the right direction.

My own idea for a new type of economy would center on a society in which our primary source of energy would be derived from a renewable source such as hemp. There are a number of reasons/benefits in my opinion to utilize a renewable source/crop for our primary energy needs. The fact that we as humans need to have plenty of useful labor is one of the greatest reasons. And growing a crop that could provide many of our needs such as food,fuel,clothing and shelter would offer us the type of useful labor that we need. As I see it in order to reduce our energy needs down to the point where it could be met by such sources we would have to radically change our transportation system. In my opinion hemp fuel pellet fired steam locomotives would be an ideal source of transportation and would also restore some of the nostalgia and pleasure of years past. We need to slow our lives down and re-focus on those things of lasting value. We would also need to manufacture and freely distribute solar panels and it would be very helpful if we could develop and distribute a fuel pellet fired home heat/electrical generation plant based on steam technology.

As I see it all the pieces have already been developed they just need to be re-implemented on a new level and for a new purpose. We need to get back to a lifestyle where we only manufacture the things we NEED and we need to make those things of the highest quality so that they last lifetimes. We also need to get back to using reusable containers for ALL of our food products in order to greatly reduce waste. Remember that milk used to come in glass bottles and they were sanitized and re-used. This same concept needs to be carried over into as many areas as possible. It was only the desire to maximize consumption and profit that lead us to where we are today.

One of the side effects of living in a world where many things are disposable is that people begin to adopt a careless and impatient attitude toward life in general and when we make things that are intended to only last for a short duration we as a society begin to have a throw away mentality. Which in my opinion leads to much dissatisfaction and insecurity. People begin to feel as though they are as disposable as the items that we use everyday. We should want our children and grandchildren to live in a world that fosters feelings of security,stability and longevity. I also feel that by slowing life down and by eliminating some of our modern technologies we can make the world a larger place again and restore some of the mystery of life.
There are many more aspects that I could cover right now but i must attend to other things... I appreciate the OP bringing this subject matter to us and i hope that we will all begin to catch a vision of what could be.

Harry

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HarryJoy

One thing that most people probably don't realize is that money has never accomplished anything. Everything that has been made ...has been made by human thought and effort. When we can clearly realize this we will be headed in the right direction.

I don't think I could have put it any better!!!!

new topics

top topics

join