It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Superposition As Gravity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I read an article that said that scientists are getting close to solving the conflict between general relativity and quantum mechanics. If you didn't know that general relativity and quantume mechanics were in conflict, I reccomend reading the article at www.theverge.com...

The article got me thinking about superposition from a speculative approach. Maybe gravity is really the superposition of all objects of mass. Maybe that explains why the galaxy gets held in place as well. Forget "dark matter". Maybe the galaxy is held in place by the superposition of all its matter.

So the superposition of a particle does not exist in an imaginary spacetime alternative, it physically exists as gravity. Thats my speculation. At any given time, you can move in any 3 dimensional direction, but you are where you are. The gravity of your body is actually the superposition of it as a place holder like some sort of information that says, "You could be here, but you are there, but I will remain here as gravity, or rather, as the imprint in space of where you both reside and reside not."
edit on 8-11-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You know what they say about close, horse shoes and handgrenades.

Not theoretical physics, Ill believe it when I see it, but any step toward a unified theory is a good one.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

smithjustinb
I read an article that said that scientists are getting close to solving the conflict between general relativity and quantum mechanics. If you didn't know that general relativity and quantume mechanics were in conflict, I reccomend reading the article at www.theverge.com...

The article got me thinking about superposition from a speculative approach. Maybe gravity is really the superposition of all objects of mass. Maybe that explains why the galaxy gets held in place as well. Forget "dark matter". Maybe the galaxy is held in place by the superposition of all its matter.

So the superposition of a particle does not exist in an imaginary spacetime alternative, it physically exists as gravity. Thats my speculation. At any given time, you can move in any 3 dimensional direction, but you are where you are. The gravity of your body is actually the superposition of it as a place holder like some sort of information that says, "You could be here, but you are there, but I will remain here as gravity, or rather, as the imprint in space of where you both reside and reside not."

The key is the electron in relation to the proton and neutron. The strong force is in balance by the proton (two up quarks and one down) and the chiral mirror of the neutron (two down and one up). They follow the law of invariable symmetry. Electrons are not in this balance point and spin (so to speak) away from the symmetry. The invariable nature of the electron allows freedom of motion beyond the balance point. Like a simmer swimming against the stream, what is moved must have an anchor to move against. Above and below in nature, we all abide in this movement and spin of the golden spiral. Apart from the vortex created, there is no reality like ours. We are a construct of the laws that govern the symmetry of the strong nuclear force. It is invariable. We are moving toward that center point of the vortex and it cannot be resisted.

Like a giant toilet flushing to the center. The Galaxy above reveals the attraction of gravity below. All things abide in this cycle of movement.

edit on 9-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Great OP! Thanks for posting it...

That's an interesting approach and it very well may have some legs.

I've been happily struggling with this for a while too. Sometimes I think we may be working on the wrong end of the problem. Science has for the most part viewed gravity as an effect (caused by a distortion of space-time).

But maybe gravity is a cause? Not in the sense of the "graviton particle" as I think that's a dead-end, but something even more fundamental than that - whatever that is. Maybe it is simply and irreducibly a fundamental component of the fabric of the universe.

Or maybe it is THE first cause and all matter, energy and "empty space" are simply different expressions of gravity? Gravity seeking to know itself, so to speak.

The coolest and at the same time maddening thing about quantum physics is that no matter which way you turn, you very quickly start crashing into the walls of what is viewed as metaphysics. Maybe there's an important lesson there...but what the hell do I know?

Regardless, the "play" is entertaining as hell, and I'm just grateful for a chance to watch it.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Just to be clear, you're talking about one of the last remaining mysteries in the theory of everything, right?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

smithjustinb

I'm all fine with thinking up new ways that gravity could manifest itself, since the mainstream has never explained mechanically what gravity actually is. But I have a bit problem with you sourcing your model from the postulates of quantum mechanics. Because quantum superposition is a joke theory.

Superposition cannot be responsible for gravity, because 'superposition' is probabilistic math being used to model observed effects. Superposition in no way explains why these effects physically take place. The theory has no mechanics at all. Einstein called this kind of physics "spooky action at a distance" because he recognised the models were without physical mechanics. That has not changed one bit in the last 70 years or so.

Gotta say to EnochWasRight that the strong force is a joke theory too. It has no mechanics, no models of physical particle reactions, doesn't even fit data in a lot of places. It's a hack in the same way as most of quantum theory.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder whether gravity will be understood before evolution, but they are both pretty close to the truth. I'm putting my bets on gravity because evolution may have links that are forever lost, but gravity is eternally observable. Of course, that's until you stumble upon a Police box and go back in time to figure it all out

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
2 conflicting theories at the crux of scientific research each include an astounding observer role. I wonder what the relationship is between these observer roles.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Superfluid Vaccum Theory suggests that Space is (the cause of) Gravity.

Space has all the pre requisites to be an intuitive likely candidate for the thing that causes the effect we call Gravity.

It is everywhere, connected (between particles and stars) therefore is instantaneous.
It carries no charge
It has dimensionality because a photon takes time to traverse it
It can be broken down to a length that fits nicely into the Planck scale
It (seemingly) can be phase changed through local high energy events ( to explain differing Gravitational effects)

If space is an averaged out effect of fractal manifold quantum interactions it is easy (or not) to imagine localised densities in space that provides a gradient for objects of mass to move within.

A black hole is densest space, the gap between earth and the moon is average space and a wormhole is least densest space.

No need for dark matter, dark energies, gravitons etc....Space is something not nothing.

I like the 3d vortex image with us slowly spiraling towards the galactic core but it probably is a lot more complicated arrangement, possibly requiring 11/12 dimensions with 2 separate time variables.
edit on 11-11-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
In future learn what superposition means before using it to solve one of the greatest mysteries in science.

Superposition refers to the probability of a particle being all possible states, it doesn't work the way you describe.

new topics

top topics

join