It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a Hard Time Dealing with Schizophrenia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

RobinB022
reply to post by tony9802

It's never a good idea telling a person to discontinue their medication/s. Infact, it's never a good idea to advise people online in the field of medicine-period. You could cause a great deal more harm than good in doing so.

OP~I wish you the all the best in your recovery.

I agree totally. This is the wrong place to look for answers in dealing with schizophrenia. There are some people here giving out very bad advice. Some of them are flat out delusional. A common problem with schizophrenia is a lot of them don't believe there is anything wrong with their way of thinking. They think it's everyone else in the world that has the problem. Schizophrenia seriously messes with one perception of the world and the reality in which they live. To them they believe in things that aren't real. Their mind makes things up and they trust these figments of their imagination aren't misleading them. It's hard for them to believe that what they're seeing and perceiving isn't real. Having your own mind turn against you is horrible way to live. I've been to the farthest reaches of insanity and back. I have a very clear understanding of how this illness works.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

wantsome

RobinB022
reply to post by tony9802

It's never a good idea telling a person to discontinue their medication/s. Infact, it's never a good idea to advise people online in the field of medicine-period. You could cause a great deal more harm than good in doing so.

OP~I wish you the all the best in your recovery.

I agree totally. This is the wrong place to look for answers in dealing with schizophrenia. There are some people here giving out very bad advice. Some of them are flat out delusional. A common problem with schizophrenia is a lot of them don't believe there is anything wrong with their way of thinking. They think it's everyone else in the world that has the problem. Schizophrenia seriously messes with one perception of the world and the reality in which they live. To them they believe in things that aren't real. Their mind makes things up and they trust these figments of their imagination aren't misleading them. It's hard for them to believe that what they're seeing and perceiving isn't real. Having your own mind turn against you is horrible way to live. I've been to the farthest reaches of insanity and back. I have a very clear understanding of how this illness works.

I know some out there have deliberately targeted me, i know i was not seeing halluciations because other cars were following the people in the cars harrassing me, so spacial evidence exists. I know the voices started out sounding stupid then went into a fraudulent "were the government" attack using what you primitives call voice to skull. My mind does make things up, when i invent music or art, but the "hallucinations" are really vibrational frequencies adjusted to my neural pathways designed to drive me crazy, and you can bet your behind i know how to mess with that. The more pain you offer me, the more i suck your budgets dry.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

I'm totally glad you're not going to allow these off track comments from people not in the know, to lead you astray.. you might want to also check out this website: www.icaact.org...

International Center Against Abuse of Covert Technologies, if you look at the audio section, they have great radio broadcasts about exactly this, and the presenters both from the U.S. and from Denmark, do a great job describing and explaining everything as well. You obviously already have a really good grip on what this is all about, but to complement the knowledge you already have you can listen to those radio broadcasts as well- I listen to them every day..

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Have you tried to actually enjoy your condition? to regard the effects as a free mind buzz. In fact to accept it as a gift and to observe the effects with an objective interest much the same as a trip. Because I bet the moment that you actually start to like it, it will disappear and diminish like all nice things tend to. But hopefully not to the extent that your creativity is impaired. In fact you should try some form of artistic expression, to discipline the condition so that it works for you instead of against you.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
sometimes i feel emotions of people i know. it feels like the faces overlap mine.
i would think something to myself and an emotion would follow it, and it would make me emotional. but the thing is it doesnt feel like my emotions it feels like empathy.
the things i would think would usually be accompanied by the tingling crown sensation.
the things that i would think wouldnt make me emotional on its own.

my schizophrenia really wants me to believe that humans from the future are doing this to me.
voices of people i know, but when i see them in person they have no idea what im talking about.

i was delusional and thought i was this thing.

edit on 17-11-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

i was so delusional that i thought i was jesus, because on a certain day that has great significance to me i thought i had died and rose from the dead.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Then you probably don't want to come to ATS to ask for advice. They'll tell you to stop taking your meds and tell you you're magic/in contact with aliens/in contact with God/etc. If you're having trouble with the diagnosis or the disorder then the one you should be talking to is you doctor/psychologist/psychiatrist.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

anonentity

Have you tried to actually enjoy your condition? to regard the effects as a free mind buzz. In fact to accept it as a gift and to observe the effects with an objective interest much the same as a trip. Because I bet the moment that you actually start to like it, it will disappear and diminish like all nice things tend to. But hopefully not to the extent that your creativity is impaired. In fact you should try some form of artistic expression, to discipline the condition so that it works for you instead of against you.

i agree, i also have schizophrenia, it wasnt nice, suffered with hallucinations of al kinds three years of treatment and being told i had to deal with it the way they wanted me to. this didnt help, in fact it caused part of my mind to close of and created an alter ego not a multiple personality a part of my own personality, that at times popped and caused real damage. i was a mess until i came to terms with it all. after this point i started to relise both egos are me, i no longer think of it as me and the voices its me talking to me from another point of view, i no longer take my meds, dont get me wrong i have my bad days, and its all still there, and this might not work for you, it probly wont but thats how i deal with it now. i enjoy what comes to mind, and i use it to create the story for my comics. i find its a powerful tool. dont give up on the meds only because it worked me doesnt mean it will for you, you just need to find the happy medium, dont think of it as "i'm ill" think of it as this is part of me. its who i am. dont let it get you down. and dont listen to the whole god will show you the way or its a demon spirit. i had all of that and it doesnt help. also goes for aliens trying to talk to. do that and it will end up falling further down into depression.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

We know that persistent speaking and/or thinking in a certain way can change even our DNA.

Seriously?......how do we "know" that?....persistent thinking/speaking can change our DNA?

Ridiculous statement!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hi, I want to talk to the OP and Truthermantwo, I had schizophrenia and now I don't. I am on the maximum dosage of Trilapon 64 mg and it has been a miracle for me. It was brought on by hallucinatory drugs I was using and from 23 to 28 I went on a permanent 24 hour trip of hearing voices. I met other people in group who said they took too much... And one said if I wasn't on my meds I would think I was part of this chair.

Hallucinations bend reality, I was talking out loud to my imaginary friends for 3 1/2 to 4 years. They get you all turned around and confused. I had a very sophisticated case and I didn't catch them in a lie or something that wasn't real for a long time.

Don't listen to changing your diet , that won't work. I used to think sometimes I would have good days if I brushed my teeth with cinnamon tooth paste. You don't wanna be going crazy , losing your life alone talking to yourself out loud or in your head, you want to be alive with everyone else. Not still and not moving and then disease grows on you or barnacles, you wanna be well and active have a life.

I have held down a job for three years. My meds don't usually make me tired and help me fall asleep at the end of the day. I used to be an insomniac. I go to groups every week and work with a psychiatrist. I just turned 30 in November, and try to help people in group. Some don't talk much and I try to be outgoing and social with them. Some are physically disabled, and I was talking with this one guy and he said" I remember this place it wasn't very high functioning" , some people are high and others are low or have other problems.

Your entire life is before you, you gotta grab it and want it and not want to be in "never never land " with imaginary friends. I hope you can listen to me and not immediately dismiss this, Truthermantwo you too.

Edit.. They made me a bull in china shop eventually, wore me down. Remember it's your brain that's playing tricks on you. Specifically designed for you.
edit on 23-11-2013 by letmeon because: Remember Ed something to add

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I don't have the research link handy. However it was a solid research finding.

And, interestingly . . . it can be said to be Biblical, as well.

Perhaps I can look it up when I get around to it.

I don't recall if it was in the intro to psych text I was teaching out of or some other book I was reading in the last several years.

But hey . . . feel free to continue to spew the presumptions of the religion of scientism or whatever else floats your boat. Far be it for me to suggest that some newly verified bit of truth was worth pondering constructively.

/sarc

edit on 23/11/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Xcalibur254

Then you probably don't want to come to ATS to ask for advice. They'll tell you to stop taking your meds and tell you you're magic/in contact with aliens/in contact with God/etc. If you're having trouble with the diagnosis or the disorder then the one you should be talking to is you doctor/psychologist/psychiatrist.

I agree, this place will only feed the illusions. And honestly it seems Bel uses ATS as a vehicle for his schizophrenia. As if he wants someone to tell him his 3rd eye is open and he has godlike gifts.

I'm curious what schizophrenia would be like on acid?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

dreamloss

anonentity

i agree, i also have schizophrenia, it wasnt nice, suffered with hallucinations of al kinds three years of treatment and being told i had to deal with it the way they wanted me to. this didnt help, in fact it caused part of my mind to close of and created an alter ego not a multiple personality a part of my own personality, that at times popped and caused real damage. i was a mess until i came to terms with it all. after this point i started to relise both egos are me, i no longer think of it as me and the voices its me talking to me from another point of view, i no longer take my meds, dont get me wrong i have my bad days, and its all still there, and this might not work for you, it probly wont but thats how i deal with it now. i enjoy what comes to mind, and i use it to create the story for my comics. i find its a powerful tool. dont give up on the meds only because it worked me doesnt mean it will for you, you just need to find the happy medium, dont think of it as "i'm ill" think of it as this is part of me. its who i am. dont let it get you down. and dont listen to the whole god will show you the way or its a demon spirit. i had all of that and it doesnt help. also goes for aliens trying to talk to. do that and it will end up falling further down into depression.

The reason I said that was because i'm fairly sure I had an episode, at around the age of 15 where everyone around a table seem to turn into animal faces, it happened once where the sounds of the dinner hall had the feeling of being far away. The two episodes were the same hallucination. I literally shook my head in fear until the normal channel resumed. The far away feeling has happened again a couple of times but by sitting quietly normal service is soon resumed. The stress at that age with some sort of predilection seems to do it to creative questioning arty types. Now when I want to make something I can do it all in my head, by making or changing the images, saves on paper. If I have been doing it to much the brain seems to want to run away with itself, so then I use relaxing techniques. Controlling it is the main thing, and its part of some creative thing much like acting. When trying to work a problem out I use, the voices of good cop and bad cop. That's probably the reason I did some psych nursing, and realised that some perceived mental flaw caused a few more to enter the profession. But to think that any answers could be found in text books was a long shot. I met some young males who had been admitted under section. One stands out as having induced a Catatonic state by studying an aspect of Buddhism called "headlessness", another, a young merchant seaman who just froze for a period of weeks.(All diagnosed with the handy diagnosis of schizophrenia) Then normal service was resumed. These two stand out as it seemed more of a spiritual condition. They both recovered if you can call it that and didn't have anymore problems. Some of the Nurses were as mad as the patients, but because they had the mask of sanity they could function. The them and us was used by some nurses to prove how sane they were. Some of the nurses were on more illegal drugs than referred patients. Everyone that did well were those that had insight into their condition and looked at it objectively. but there were no rules as such.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Belcastro
It all started at my grandma ritas house, i was living there for about three months. This is when i came down with schizophrenia or at best this is when i can describe the symptoms first happening. The mobile home would shake randomly and i would hear voices while i tried to meditate. A voice came to me and said "Isis" in a very sexy female voice. It came back again later while i was meditating and said " Its Nothing."

You ever hear that warning about messing with the occult without the proper training can lead to disaster? I think that's what happened to you.

Any occult or spiritual practice worth it's salt will free up attention. Usually, this attention is locked away in the ego, powering it, so we are not used to having excess attention. Because we don't know how to handle this extra attention, this can cause problems.

Everything requires your attention to exist, which means if you can focus your attention on it, that makes it real for you. The sole purpose of meditation is to train yourself to focus your attention on one thing. So, you freed up some extra attention, trained it to hold still on one thing through meditation, and now that spare attention is doing it's own thing without your will directing it.

Lay off the meds, and practice controlling your attention willfully, instead of letting it wander aimlessly.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have some relation to what you have experienced, and know what your talking about.

It as if the sub-consciousness takes what ever form or shape that interests you, good or bad.

If you want to see god, you are going to see god. You wanna hear a womens beautiful voice or body, you will see it.
The visual hallucinations for me were much more like slideshows at times, not really obscuring my vision, but how my mind intercept it, but they were mild for that time. Yours on the other hand, sound absolutely over powering from time to time.

As for voices, ignore it as best you can and forget what they say.

I would recommend from personal experience to "STOP" searching out for those tingling sensations. I have a good feeling your doing the same thing I did.

Also if your gunna go into meditations, I recommend not attempting Third-Eye and Crown meditations. Just focus on calming your mind without trying to calm it. Sounds like an oxy-moron there really.

Also watch out for the good hallucinations. They are much more tempting then the bad ones which are just momentary. Meaning they are more enjoyable and will just drag you in. Just try to sync your self with reality.
edit on 23-11-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hi , I reread through all your comments again some of others , but I wanted to try to understand were your coming from. Things at times might seem like a spiritual or religious awakening or might seem more important then real life, but try to stay grounded. I worked with a lot of very intelligent people in the past and they taught me things about life, gave me a plan.

I was just a stupid kid, with no direction. You can learn a lot from your elders. About time management. You said your 22 and maybe just hanging out trying to cope with your schizoeffective. I was diagnosed as schizoeffective and they told me I was schizophrenic and bi-polar. Someone once told me of dualism, two like North and South or Good and Evil , with Bi-polar. Polar opposites like North and South poles, maniac and depressive .

Did you ever think of a career or if you want a family? You gotta get those things yourself , no one else is going to give them to you. I wasted 5 years with my illness , at the end I would get incredibly angry when I would here them , they were like vampires. You're still young just I wasted half a decade with mine. You're 22 , then your 30 then turn around and you will be 40 . Maybe try to make a plan in real life, with what you wanna do with your life.

Do you have a girlfriend? A lot of people in assisted living that go to program are older and don't have wives or kids. They are mentally ill and in the system, and I feel for them cause most don't work and have very little money.

You just got diagnosed last year and all this is new to you, maybe time and experience might change your mind. Just try not to get lost down the rabbit hole, thinking your Jesus or the next one who shows up around the Millenium , the bad one. Or any other religious figures. Good luck with Isis or Iris , I hope you take care of yourself and don't wind up doing anything that's against the law. I had to walk a fine line when I was insane for five years and the voices told me to go into other people's backyards.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join