It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a Hard Time Dealing with Schizophrenia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by freakishlaughter

No sweat.

Glad you bothered to paragraph it.

You had many worthy points useful to consider.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

secret recording of doctor visit, voices altered and names removed.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
OP, religion is the last thing you need. It is a mental illness of its own.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

I dont know if what you are feeling with the 'tingling top of the head' is hallucinatory or real.
I"ve had that for probably two decades. And it's always stronger when I pray or meditate.
I spoke to a person who does Rieki and she said it's the crown chakra spinning and spinning ..
heck ... just talking about it with you now online I'm feeling it.

As for the rest .... I wouldn't dare guess on the internet like this.
It's something best spoken to a doctor about.
I wish the best for you.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
Conspiracy theories are probably not the best thing to invest your time and mind in. What kind of schizophrenia? Not paranoid or persecuted?

This is worth making note of again .... It's very good advice.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I was just reading up on this and agree. Cut out all flour - and that means whole wheat, rye, anything that is made of grain. Cut out rice, barley, oats. Eat lots of avacados as they are quality and sustaining fats for the brain. Give it a try for 6 weeks and see what happens. By then you will know if it works.
Read "Wheat Belly". If you don't like reading then just cruise the internet to see what quick insights you might find on the subject. Wheat has been modified to the point that it no longer resembles our grandparent's wheat and it is causing body/brain inflammation. You have nothing to lose.

You might find you don't know what to eat since society lives on flour products and mindlessly eats. We should be eating for fuel for our bodies and mind and not just shoving food into our mouths.

I also wouldn't outright reject medicines. That's like saying don't use aspirin for pain. Everyone is different - just be informed on what medicines you are taking and keep note of how you feel / any side effects when taking them. Soon you will begin to recognize your own body signals and what is working or isn't. And for some it takes a few adjustments to find what's right - that is if medicine is the route for you. Read up on essential amino acids which are essential to the brain and you will be on the right path naturally. You can enhance your diet with foods that contain them or you can find supplemmments in the health food stores.

I really feel for you and just know that there is help for you so don't feel alone or that you are abnormal. We all have our own individual issues. Take care! Hugs to you.
edit on 9/11/13 by ccseagull because: put into paragraph format

edit on 9/11/13 by ccseagull because: added spacing too!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I get the "crown chakra" thing going on as well. Pretty sure it's what happens when your conscious thoughts align with how your subconscious "conscience" has been programmed. I have no doubt a serial killer would get thing same kind of tingling after mangling a victim.

I used to give advice for conditions like this, but now know that I'm in no position to be doing so. Even medical doctors screw up their patients from time to time.

I hope you figure something out that helps in the long run.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

rickymouse
The spirit woman you talk about, Isis, seems to be trying to help you through this. It doesn't seem to make you do bad things, it seems to be steering you the right way.

I have heard some bad reactions to some of the illegal drugs on the market today. They cause changes to the brain. I don't believe most of the drugs for skitzo work well either in half the cases. The washing of the brain with chemicals that give you that feeling is not supposed to be happening that often, I am not sure what is causing it.

The big thing is to understand that these beings that are talking to you, real or unreal, are not something that you should let influence you to do anything evil. You are still in control of your mind. You can live with this and get use to it without going looney. You must remain civil and normal acting if you can. Get a hobby to focus your mind on what others think is real. I believe there is a lot more going on in this world than we are told exists but I don't get carried away with talking about it.

The chances of a catastrophe happening around where you live is real, it can happen anywhere. Prepping is smart not crazy. Yet some people act like you are crazy if you stock a months supply of food and see a need for alternate heat.....FEMA is telling people to prepare yet half the people ignore this and these people look at those who listen and prepare as they are nuts. I think we have a problem in society and I think this problem exists in some of the people who think their perception of reality is real. I think the ones running the country are a little disconnected with reality. I think some that are saying others are crazy are actually a little crazy.

I guess if you think you may be nuts, you really aren't. A person who is crazy will think they are sane, everyone else is crazy to them. You can't distinguish reality from fiction well if you are crazy I guess.

I personally just think most others aren't aware of what is real. Believing in conditioning that is part of society does not make you crazy in that society but it does effect people's perception of your sanity if you go to a different location where people see things different. People from other countries think Americans are just a little too nuts a lot. I guess we are, to them.

I am just trying to tell you to try to fit in with others, try to act sort of as they do. You have lost your conditioning and proper filtering of the mind, you need to rebuild it. I won't say that you should stop your medicines, you may need them. My TLE triggers super brain excitement sometimes but it just messes up my thought train, I try to limp along and stay away from situations in that case. It I eat too much sugar, I don't shut up and go on and on about what new things I am learning and how to apply it to situations. I actually bore most people in reality, they would rather talk about cars, women, snowmobiles, fourwheelers, and building projects than the psychotropic and metabolic effects of foods. They want to complain about the costs of meds instead of finding how to alter the diet so they don't need the meds. I sound like I do not fit into my old life anymore, I have acquired new interests. I am now considered a little nuts by the people I knew because I do not get exited about hunting and fishing anymore.

Oh well, it is nice being a little nuts. As long as someone doesn't try to make me into an M and M I will be fine.

The "spirit woman." Scares the crap outta me; because i had a dream where isis was possessing me and i said outloud " Isis" is satan and she poofed out of my body and a loud voice told me to bite off her head and so i did. (in my dream.)

The spirit woman scares me because she knows what i am thinking like mind reading. if it was a being instead of a hallucination that scares me that other people know what im thinking all of the time and i used to be paranoid about it, as someone asked earlier the answer is yes i was paranoid schizophreniz.

I had thought all of the craziest things were happening to me and i was obsessed with them.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

How old are you?
Early 20's?

Conspiracy theories are probably not the best thing to invest your time and mind in. What kind of schizophrenia? Not paranoid or persecuted?

i am 22 years old, and i used to be paranoid of time travelers, extraterrestials, the government, religion, etc.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Many schizophrenics have too much copper in their bodies. In addition, many schizophrenics have too little EFAs (essential fatty acids). My advice would be to find a doctor more in tune to 'natural cure' modalities and work with him/her. I read a case study about this several years ago alleging that high doses of EFAs actually cured some schizophrenics. Again, I would advise, though, that you ONLY try these alleged cures under the care of a doctor.

You can read many articles about this topic by typing "Schizophrenia helped by high levels of essential fatty acids" in your search engine.

Be good to yourself and hang in there.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Yes. Copper accumulation is related to schizophrenia. You will need to slowly chelate it out of your body. Zinc helps, as does vitamin-c and molybdenum. I had extremely high copper levels in my hair a few years back, and used high doses of nutrients to help balance out my body.

I went from being quite paranoid, to only being mildly/moderately so. I think in some instances the copper overload is related to infections. It's the bodies way of dealing with certain kinds of pathogens.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

schizoeffective

Hey, friend. I couldn't remember my password, and I reset it, just to post this.

I can relate, but I really don't know what to say that would help. The darkness clears on it's own, but unfortunately lingers through the good times. You can find silver linings, in the strangest of places, if you look at it right. Don't let it eat your soul. It doesn't own you. It's the other way around.

Here's an offer for you to add me to your support system. Send me an u2u if you think it would be helpful to chat with someone sailing the same sea.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
When these religious "solutions" start producing verifiable repeatable consistent results, then, we might have something worth talking about.

Go to an AA meeting. Alcoholism (or alcohol withdrawal, more specifically) can produce psychological effects very similar to schizophrenia--and they have significant (and documented) success.

Your rabid atheist meme almost converted me (I mean, I've never seen that before), but we're talking about mental illness not amputation.

Straw Man Fallacy

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

this is a sketch of my theory of how we voice hearers are wired up. i have done alot of disconnecting of myself and manipulating fields which generally gives me immediate temporary results.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Hi partner... first of all I would like to tell you what a beautiful person you must be; you actually have the power to begin a thread concerning difficulties you are having with "schizophrenia," I just think that is so endearing somehow and I will tell you why: MANY MANY people here on ATS can totally misguide you as to what the problem is, or how to treat it. Be careful of the individuals you choose to listen to, since in my opinion, already many persons are unfortunately guiding you in a bad direction.

A. Avoid for starters, focusing on Religion. That is not to say that this isn't an interesting time to question life, existence and purpose, but be very careful about expecting "faith" to pull you through anything. First look to yourself, and your intellectual gifts and powers to overcome this, and I believe you will fare much better than if you become a fundamentalist born again Xtian, which could be totally dangerous!!

B. YOU SHOULD NOT continue taking those medications. The medications will injure your health and immune system, and will cause injury to your mental properties in the long run. Look for medical alternatives like organic whole foods, and read up extensively on healing with said foods- Here is a book you can pick up a copy of for maybe 10.00-15,00usd on Amazon.com: Healing With Whole Foods Oriental Traditions and Modern Nutrition by Paul Pitchford. You have to clean up your diet, and try shopping at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods to obtain the best food supplies and fast! It's not expensive to eat healthy, so please do this for yourself- and make your own groovy hamburgers (organic ones) at home-- you're going to love it! So do not eat out too much, and always carry plenty of fruits like bananas and oranges with you everywhere you go. That way you stay away from the bad junk foods. (You do not have to go 100% organic, just move towards healthier foods in reaction to pharmaceutical drugs-- those drugs will totally destroy you and are meant to do exactly that.

C. I would stay with the idea that the voices you are hearing and the sensations you are feeling are actually government produced. This is exactly what they are doing to control and monitor people. The voices might sound pretty and benevolent today, and them BAM! Tomorrow they are voices of a bunch of men or guys (some that you may have known) that will be cussing at you, putting you down, mocking you, and making you feel like you are being being mentally controlled by them. In my opnion, you are actually in the beginning stages of mind reading and mind control programming, so be very careful- the voices once again will sound kind and thoughtful at first and then they go in for the kill- the first objective is to make you unable or unwilling to work and to be gainfully employed. That's a rule. They will try to break your spirit- and if they can make you look like a disabled no-one. Do not fall for it!
I mean it..

You need to do research on things like Voice to Skull technologies. (Hearing Voices). Be careful for the "God Voice," as sometimes with some targeted individuals, they will move and maneouvre in with religious fundamentalism and yes they can create images and illusions with new technologies (they can make both figures those from the "light" and those from the "darkness" so that is the other reason that I warn you about choosing an outright religous path with these voices- they, the perpetrators, will just take advantage of your new found interest in faith- See Robert Duncan's work on youtube or his writings about the God Voice.

Here are the people you want to tune into: see on you tube:
Dr. John T. Hall-- Electronic Harassment
Jesse Beltran and Lars Drudgard- ICAACT.ORG www.icaact.org...

Research EMF electro magnetic frequencies and see all videos of Barry Trower, ex MI5 British Agent..
he is very eloquent and explains everything the military and government are currently capable of with all of the new electro magnetic technologies!!

I hope this helps partner..!!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Belcastro

GogoVicMorrow

How old are you?
Early 20's?

i am 22 years old, and i used to be paranoid of time travelers, extraterrestials, the government, religion, etc.

I absolutely see nothing wrong with being fearful and even paranoid of aliens and et's, of the gov for sure, and of various disorganized religous faiths- no one should have ever even given you this diagnosis, merely because you're bright even enough to question..

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

IT IS MIND READING, AND IT IS MIND CONTROL.
They will normally use your own memory and voices of your own memory (sometimes of friends you may have known, or sometimes of enemies that you may have only barely met.) They use the voices normally of people that you have had contact with in the past, and the memory of those voices are manipulated to control you.

They can download your entire memory base and use it against you. Here is another website out of Sweden where there currently exist *no laws* to protect it's citizens against Mind Control: You should try to tune in:www.mindcontrol.se... What are simple benevolent voices that mind read, and what are dream manipulations today-can become terribly abusive tomorrow. This is documented! Read the links and do the research. You know that tingling sensation that you feel on top of your head? A year from now they can create an opposite sensation anywhere on your body- that can cause pain and physical injury. Also, an important element utilized extensively to control people is sexual in nature. That's where it gets creepy and where your human rights can see some serious abuses. Just be careful bro-

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

It's never a good idea telling a person to discontinue their medication/s. Infact, it's never a good idea to advise people online in the field of medicine-period. You could cause a great deal more harm than good in doing so.

OP~I wish you the all the best in your recovery.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

I wish I could agree with you, but given the wealth of information concerning anti-psychotic drugs and negative side effects, I am unable to: What exactly is this Fluphenazine anti-psychotic drug anyways?
Let's talk a good look:

From Wikipedia: Fluphenazine

Fluphenazine is a typical antipsychotic drug used for the treatment of psychoses such as schizophrenia, manic phases of bipolar disorder, agitation, and dementia. It belongs to the piperazine class of phenothiazines. The medication may help control symptoms by blocking or lessening the effects of dopamine in the brain. It is not entirely known how the medication works. Dopamine may be elevated in people with schizophrenia or other psychoses. It also can be used as a calming drug in horses, though such use is illegal.

The medication was originally manufactured by Bristol-Myers Squibb. It is currently marketed under the brand name Modecate, a number of generic versions are also available. It is made by several different companies. The medication comes in oral liquid, tablets (1mg, 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg), and injectable forms (including a short-acting and long-acting form).

(HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART ABOUT IT"S SIDE EFFECTS

Its side effect profile is similar to haloperidol, namely predominantly dopamine-blocking effects which give rise to akathisia, parkinsonism, and tremor. Long term side effects include the potentially irreversible tardive dyskinesia and the potentially fatal neuroleptic malignant syndrome.

And here is link for more info: en.wikipedia.org...

You can also do some research over at www.naturalnews.com... Mike Adams website, and if you enter the word Anti-Psychotics in the search bar on his website, you will find numerous articles concerning the dangers of utilizing pharmaceutical drugs.

edit on 12-11-2013 by tony9802 because: typo

edit on 12-11-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I have paranoid schizophrenia also. I've had severe hallucinations and delusions. I was diagnosed in 1996. Hang in there hopefully you find a treatment that works. Find a medication that you can tolerate and stick with it. Stay away from cocktails of meds. By cocktails I mean more than one or two meds. Try and find one or two and stay with it long term.

Every time you stop taking your meds the harder it is to come out of the a schiz psychosis. The longer schizophrenia goes untreated the more damage the illness does and the longer the symptoms will last. Find a treatment that helps and stick with it long term. If you do this you have a good chance that the hallucinations and delusions will go away.

It took me years and years to recover. I no longer have hallucinations or delusions but I still take my medication every day. I take 10 mgs of Zyprexa.

Another thing is find a good doctor. Find one that is willing to work with you on your med dosage and types of meds. If you're having a hard time finding a good doctor call your local hospital and ask them for a recommendation for one.

Some doctors are not very professional and some of them don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Some doctors can do more harm then good.

I know what you're going through and it sucks. I wouldn't wish this illness on my worst enemy. Not knowing what's real and what's not is scary. Having your own mind turn against you and play tricks on you is a horrible thing.

If I can come out of a psychosis theres hope for anyone. When I was diagnosed I was so far gone the doctors told my mom I would never be the same and there was no hope for me. My prognosis was very poor.

Best of luck get well soon.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join