It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gateway pipeline-one step closer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We are one step closer to the inevitable event. It appears that the premiers of AB and BC have reached a tentative agreement to construct the Gateway pipeline from AB to the BC coast in order to transport precious bitumen to Asia.
Mother nature is gonna take a severe beating with this project. Yes they have environmental reviews and yes they preventative procedures. But these procedures don't take into account human stupidity. It's only a matter of time before the BC coastline turns black.
m.theglobeandmail.com... 292321/?service=mobile

Did you know that they will be building twin pipelines? They need to import natural gas inorder to dilute the bitumen enough to be piped to the coast.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

When ever people ask me about Canada down here, I always say good things about it (besides the cold). I might start mentioning the tar sands. The a#$ hole of the world.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

I am so disappointed. Ships run into trouble all the time there. It is one of higher volatile ship routes of the world: sudden storms, huge and ferocious waves, low tides exposing sandbars and a very precarious clear route that basically zig zags in between islands and jutting rocks. Disaster is inevitable. But as always it's all about the money. The tar sands have raped our land. Kind of like when traveling along the highway on a holiday - you see the pretty trees hugging the road but behind the trees where your eyes can't see are the logged areas showing destroyed patches of treeless acres of butchered land. What people don't see they don't worry about.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ccseagull

I remember seeing a map of the coastline and the proposed tanker route. Looks pretty sketchy to say the least.

And yeah the clear cuts are brutal..

new topics

join