It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Depot Tweets Racist Photo, Scrambles To Apologize

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

xstealth
This isn't racist at all. You can't show blacks and monkeys together anymore? Is there anything we can do anymore without being called racists?

Actually, I was going to Lowes this weekend, I think I'll hit Home Depot.

Afraid not. No matter what you do or say it seems some one has to get "offended". Well it getting that time of year again. That time of year where you hear "Happy Holidays" instead of "Marry Christmas".

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

goou111
Ok for all you guys that don't think this is racist..

Next time you see a black man go ask him what the difference is between him and a monkey.

Then come back here and tell us what he said...

edit on 9-11-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

The difference between a black man and a monkey is the same as the difference between a white man and a monkey. Everyone knows that.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
.....fighting.......urge.........to......make.......joke.......

Seriously though, you all know you got a chuckle.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

groingrinder

goou111
Ok for all you guys that don't think this is racist..

Next time you see a black man go ask him what the difference is between him and a monkey.

Then come back here and tell us what he said...

edit on 9-11-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

The difference between a black man and a monkey is the same as the difference between a white man and a monkey. Everyone knows that.

precisely. there is enough hate in the world without people looking for more.

racism is taught in public schools these days, taught by parents; handed from one generation to another. i've been called racist for my ignorance on the subject of why one perceived group finds something offensive (like the comparison of blacks to monkies, for instance. i still don't get it). shouldn't ignorance of racism be a good thing?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thinking this is racist means you are a racist, imnho. If it were two white guys and a chimp you'd pick the chimp as the answer to the question. Same with two black guys. The chimp is the one that's different, a different type of primate. But racist? There is nothing racist about it. The advertising company is clearly racist for pulling it. It's two human primates and a chimpanzee primate.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What's racist about it?

Seriously.

I'm trying to think like a reactionary imbecile here and the best I can come up with is that some folks think it's racist for black people to be in pictures.

Racism isnt going to leave us anytime soon as long as people are out there trying to make everything seem racist.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

The damage was already done? What damage? Someone on their Twitter account made a mistake and it's gone. You think their sales will go down because of a tweet? I highly doubt it.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Who is more racist the person who doesn't get the racist undertone of the picture or the person who sees the racist undertone?

Perhaps we shouldn't jump to conclusions before all the facts are in. Maybe it was a young employee and to young to understand or see the racial tone of what he was doing. Perhaps he grew up in a family and a circle of friends where such stupid racial references weren't part of the equation.

The racist card is quickly thrown around. Racism causes conflict , conflict sells news and keeps us fighting among ourselves, don't fall for it.

edit on 12-11-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I laughed my ass off!!! COME ON PEOPLE!!! GROW A FUNNY BONE!!!

Slavery ended how long ago now???

What if it was which of these "Crackers" is not like the other and showed a box of wheat thins, ritz crackers and the "yokle yodle, town drunk, white man Tom"???

Get over it!!! I will laugh about this for a bit!

And guess what I"M NOT RACIST!!! Someone will get fired but it was a funny joke!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join