It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima,,Dooom,,,or dud?,,,,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
"the real Doom" in front of their Eyes? "

well actually i was watching this,, in front of my eyes.

quoted from an inside source,,,

,,""without seeing "the real Doom" in front of their Eyes? ",,

so u tell me...,,, am i?,,seeing doom?,,

or is the HULK, JUST,,getting angry?????

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

ease up. Real doom won't be televised.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Fukushima is currently not good because it's very unstable and leaky. They need to get in there and remove that radioactive material ASAP or else another large disaster could potentially spell DOOOM. It's something to be very wary of certainly.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Is it possible for 3 uncontrolled cores "somewhere" in the earth's crust to cause any problems??? the SFPs are in the process of being emptied, and we hope that goes well...but where are the cores????

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

i belive the cores are in a Fussionable state,, yes fussion,, not fission,,
so who knows? its fusion physics,,,,remember COLD FUSION,, maybe there not all hot,,sun hot,,as in fission,,

but something is boiling water?,,soooooo honestly dont know.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What do you classify as "doom"

Chernobyl caused an estimated jump in cancer rates by up to 2%, certainly not doom unless your in that 2%...

We wont know the long term effects of fukushima for years to come, we just wont.

We can make educated guesses, but thats all they are.

So whats the wisest course of action? GET it handled NOW, even if its a "dud" just fix it.

The worst thing that can happen from that is a company and government spent money fixing something that was their responsibility to do.

Whats the worst that can happen from miss handling that? Who knows...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
700 bombs worth?
all going off at once if there is the slightest twitch ( or if an employee hits the wrong button...)

Boom I should think
then bust
edit on 8-11-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

They're not like little nuclear bombs; they shouldn't explode. The biggest danger is if they overheat and melt down. So long as they can keep cooling them, that won't happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

ketsuko
They're not like little nuclear bombs; they shouldn't explode.
Some people say that, but it apparently happened at Chernobyl, so yes they can explode. It's more like a nuclear bomb that "fizzles" meaning the explosion isn't well coordinated enough to use as much nuclear material as possible in the explosion like a well-designed bomb does. The "fizzle" causes it to start exploding and dispersing the radioactive material before it can all be involved in the explosion. Some nuclear bomb tests have also "fizzled" if there was a problem with the design, construction, or other malfunction, so in that respect a nuclear reactor explosion can be like those "fizzled" nuclear bomb tests.

Fizzle (nuclear test)

In nuclear weapons, a fizzle occurs when the testing of a nuclear bomb grossly fails to meet its expected yield. The reason(s) for the failure can be linked to improper bomb design, poor construction, or lack of expertise. All countries that have had a nuclear weapons testing program have experienced fizzles. A fizzle can spread radioactive material throughout the surrounding area, involve a partial fission reaction of the fissile material, or both. For practical purposes, a fizzle can still have considerable explosive yield when compared to conventional weapons.
Just because it fizzles doesn't mean it can't cause serious problems, not only from the substantial explosive yield, but also from the dispersion of radioactive material in the explosion. Why do you think Pripyat is still abandoned?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Some of the workers there will likely get over-radiated, but for all the monitoring going on in Japan and the US, the only time that air-borne radiation was widely elevated was the last 10 days of March 2011--and that was not extremely elevated. since then, there's not been much of note on the EPA samples. The Pacific Ocean is so large that radioactive substances will be diluted to barely detectable levels by the time they get to the US west coast. If they bust a SPR or two, or a fire starts, we'll probably get some more elevated readings on our air-filter monitoring stations.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

ketsuko

They're not like little nuclear bombs; they shouldn't explode. The biggest danger is if they overheat and melt down. So long as they can keep cooling them, that won't happen.

if they get enogh mass in close enough proximity...
some sort of criticality will be reached
and the bomb comparison was simply for scale

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

ok,, so now u tell me,,
lets see 3 stages of a nuclear Reaction

1. Fissle
2.Fusion
3.Fission.

thats a lot of FFF's,,,

now this makes sence

remember Charactuer's in Japan not only should express, etcc,,

tummy ache,, #3 when Hydrogen explosion, blew a hole inthe containment,taurris?,,,the material only,fizzzzzllled,,

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Doom or Dud ?

My computer chair now has more hair on it then I do.
There's a boil on my forhead where my third eye is said
to be, in fact it's starting to look like an eye. And when
whatever is in there moves around, it flatulates a
horrific odor from the caldera.

Now my finger nail just fell off !

But I'm go'in with dud !

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

im sorry but this "water soulveubale" radio-active particles is complete Bull Droppings,,

HEAVY WATER,, may slow a radio-active "event",,but sea water sure ain't Heavy water.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"My computer chair now has more hair on it then I do. ",,lol i was gonna sugest get rid of the cat..

but after the finger nail,,, "u #ed!"

lol

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Kitty says dud too !

West Coast ! What's up !
edit on 8-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

when you take the "e" off of "dude" one gets "dud"
wonder what in the world that "e" could stand for?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Expired ?
IDK

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

normaly,,E is the Fifth letter or Epsolon.
as an element the fith element is,,
"Aristotle, c. 350 BCE, also used the term stoicheia and added a fifth element called aether, which formed the heavens. Aristotle defined an element as: Element – one of those bodies into which other bodies can decompose, and that itself is not capable of being divided into other."

so,, E or as we know it today Energy, is the left over "aether",, that binds element's,,that goes BOOM.
in a nuclear event,,unless it fizzles,,

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

BobAthome

normaly,,E is the Fifth letter or Epsolon.
as an element the fith element is,,
"Aristotle, c. 350 BCE, also used the term stoicheia and added a fifth element called aether, which formed the heavens. Aristotle defined an element as: Element – one of those bodies into which other bodies can decompose, and that itself is not capable of being divided into other."

so,, E or as we know it today Energy, is the left over "aether",, that binds element's,,that goes BOOM.
in a nuclear event,,unless it fizzles,,

I was thinking the e was for erection
(as in raising a tower with a spent fuel pool on it
of course )

but thats just silly...
this thing is going to bite us right in the @$$

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join