It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Different POV Writing Contest [Nov2013][WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Wow, that list makes it really obvious that you have a great turnout. Kudos!

P

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Finally, here's my third submission:

The Moon Spirit

I gotta admit, this was a bit challenging (finding 3 stories in 12 days!!!). I still find that my first one was the best of all threes.

I hope you enjoyed my contributions, and I certainly enjoyed those of you guys!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

starheart
Finally, here's my third submission:

The Moon Spirit

I gotta admit, this was a bit challenging (finding 3 stories in 12 days!!!). I still find that my first one was the best of all threes.

I hope you enjoyed my contributions, and I certainly enjoyed those of you guys!

You certainly are a talented and prolific writer and I think these writing contests are a great way to stir up the creative juices and gain an insiders view at some ATS members' imaginative worlds.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

We have quite the list going! Best of luck to everyone!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I almost did a story about Saiyans, but they're so close to human it feels like cheating.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

InTheLight
certainly are a talented and prolific writer and I think these writing contests are a great way to stir up the creative juices and gain an insiders view at some ATS members' imaginative worlds.

Thank you very much!

I did too appreciate alot "In The Light". Everybody is always scared of aliens, but differences always attract in the purest way humans. There's no reason why a human wouldn't come to love an alien; and you described that process very well! I especially liked the description of the food...
We're so used to them that we don't realise how they might look to others!

Do you plan to post two more stories?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

starheart

InTheLight
certainly are a talented and prolific writer and I think these writing contests are a great way to stir up the creative juices and gain an insiders view at some ATS members' imaginative worlds.

Thank you very much!

I did too appreciate alot "In The Light". Everybody is always scared of aliens, but differences always attract in the purest way humans. There's no reason why a human wouldn't come to love an alien; and you described that process very well! I especially liked the description of the food...
We're so used to them that we don't realise how they might look to others!

Do you plan to post two more stories?

Thanks, that story "The Joining" was more a beauty is in the eye of the beholder/experiencer regardless of who or what you are. Yes, it was an interesting thought process for me to tackle describing Earth's food as if it were for the first time.

Another story? I'm not sure how much time there is left before the end of this contest, and it takes me a while to ramp up my creative juices and latch onto imaginary characters and create the plot, etc. I don't like to rush my creativity, so it's kinda of like a "I've got nothin" right now - that one story is it for now.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

The Joining. Oh, I'm sorry, I realize I wrote your avatar name instead of the storie's name!! Sorry!

Well, it's all right. There's... 10 days, including today, before the end of the contest. But I know the feeling. After my first story, I had absolutely no idea what to write, I've just given everything and all my brainpower into the first one, so after that, it was: "Ummm, now... what?". Luckily, I found a good excerpt of my novel that I could modify and use, so that became my second story; and then, while browsing through sci-fi/fantasy art, I found that shining spirit dancing under the moonlight, plus a passage from Tolkien's story about two elfs named Beren and Luthien, and it gave me the inspiration for my final story.

Sorry, I babble alot..

So anyway, take your time, and I look forward to your next story!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

argentus
reply to post by tothetenthpower

On it. ETA: I believe this is it so far, in no particular order. I'll continue to update right up to the end of the contest. Happy Writing everybody! Note: member name links to their story.

Writer

SW891117639420 by grayeagle
Above All by ldyserenity
The Chase by westcoast
Curiosity did not kill this cat ... by havok
The Voyage by 74Templar
The Time of the Nephilim by westcoast
This Life of Mine by ldyserenity
Cattail by undo
Out of the Box by Magantice
Love by XxNightAngelusxX
Webcam by littled16
Kin by argentus
Perspective by Maxmars

Non-writer

Ressalon Destroyer RDest0362/X – Snuggly by pheonix358
New White House Whistleblower Comes Forward - Krazysh0t
Big Mistake by anonentity
The Journey by d8track
The Joining by InTheLight
November 10th 2013: Just Another Day in Space by Quazi176
The Friendly Hermin And The Violinist Wolf by starheart
Pure Love! by Pheonix358
The Battle Dreadnought Aurora, RD05. by Pheonix358
At Our Darkest Moment by kdog1982
Human Mask by Thurisaz
An Open Letter to the Vatican by Tsu322
The Little Ones by smcneil01
Welcome to the Jungle by Blend57
In Your Shadow by AfterInfinity
The Dark Matters by Observer1
The Good Bitch by Tuco the rat
Reflections: Memoirs of a Very Sensible Mirror by Tsu322
Independence Eve by InTheFlesh1980
Insidiae Pinus by WhiteAlice
Ascention by TheToastmanCometh
Once Human by ripcontrol
The Moon Spirit by starheart

edit on 19/11/13 by argentus because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/11/13 by argentus because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/11/13 by argentus because: (no reason given)

Hi, just wanted to say that you missed "Right & Wrong". That's my second story, "The Moon Spirit" is my third.
Just so that the other members can have the full list of everyone.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

starheart

The Joining. Oh, I'm sorry, I realize I wrote your avatar name instead of the storie's name!! Sorry!

Well, it's all right. There's... 10 days, including today, before the end of the contest. But I know the feeling. After my first story, I had absolutely no idea what to write, I've just given everything and all my brainpower into the first one, so after that, it was: "Ummm, now... what?". Luckily, I found a good excerpt of my novel that I could modify and use, so that became my second story; and then, while browsing through sci-fi/fantasy art, I found that shining spirit dancing under the moonlight, plus a passage from Tolkien's story about two elfs named Beren and Luthien, and it gave me the inspiration for my final story.

Sorry, I babble alot..

So anyway, take your time, and I look forward to your next story!

Yes, I'm in that culminating zone (not writer's block), but when I latch onto an idea then I am totally consumed with developing and finishing the story at one sitting. I then revisit it later in my mind and edit it, but usually I try to keep the original flow intact. Actually in writing 'The Joining' I could not stop the flow and got heck from my hubby because I was late in getting ready for our jaunt.

I actually had an idea if the topic of the contest was the archaeological theme...maybe next time.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Ah well. It is after all an open story theme. Perhaps your archeological idea might work if you just put a non-human in charge. Like an elf, or a dwarf. Or an angel or robot.
Well, I wish you good luck, and keep up the good job!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

I'm not seeing "Right and Wrong". Can you give me a link to it?

ETA: Nevermind. I found it. Don't know why I couldn't see it on the Short Stories list, but found it in your profile. Must've been a senior moment for me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Added to the list

edit on 21/11/13 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I have noticed that for a short while after posting a story it only shows up in 'New Posts' and takes a while to go to 'Recent Posts'. I only noticed because I couldn't see my story listed. Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

it does help, thanks.
I found starheart's second story on the second page of the Short Stories forum. Since then, I've looked over the entire second AND third pages. I think I have them all.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Entry Number #2
Non Writer

The Plea

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Please, ummm, "enjoy" my non-writer submission, My Final Request. It will probably be my only entry for Nov2013. I have to thank Harlan Ellison for the inspiration, specifically his short story "I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream." Mine is nearly the opposite of his, but it wouldn't exist without it.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blend57

Wow; if I'd seen your story's title before writing my own, I definitely would have called it something else... sorry, the similarity wasn't intentional.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Thought Provoker
reply to post by blend57

Wow; if I'd seen your story's title before writing my own, I definitely would have called it something else... sorry, the similarity wasn't intentional.

Lol, no worries mate. It's not like we're getting paid to write these things
It's just a contest and a way to for me to unwind.

No big deal at all.

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here is mine:
Been cooking it for weeks now.

[writer]

Today at The Claret Club

I could have continued on for hours.....
lol... fun!!
edit on 11/22/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Can the the perspective of the "outsider" be that of a human scientist who creates a scaled-down version of the Universe in a lab/simulation and observes from the relatively God-like position of the outside/(relatively) "real" world while being understood (to the reader) as still being human, or would that be a disqualifying factor?

Also, how should we distinguish ourselves as "writer" vs. "non-writer"? I've written short stories and prose occasionally, but haven't submitted any to ATS thus far. I notice some ATS users have the title member replaced with writer in their avatars. How can I change mine? Are the two concepts related?
edit on 26-11-2013 by johnsequitur1221 because: still a n00b, obviously

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join