It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Uninsured Americans Ignoring Health Exchange Sites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

A recent Gallup poll is showing that MOST "uninsured" people are;

1. not familiar with the exchanges.

2. not planning on getting insurance through the exchanges.

I don't know if this is *by educated choice* or simply *in defiance* ?

Maybe it's stubbornness, and *compliance* will follow the *shock* of being forced into something.

Three in 10 are familiar with the exchanges

In the midst of widespread news coverage of problems with the federal health exchange website, relatively few uninsured Americans (18%) -- the primary target population for the exchanges -- have so far attempted to visit an exchange website. The percentage is slightly higher, 22%, among uninsured Americans who say they plan to get insurance through the exchanges.

These results are based on a series of questions Gallup asked uninsured Americans about the health exchanges from Oct. 23-Nov. 6.

Gallup previously found that less than half of uninsured Americans (44%) who plan to get insurance say they will do so through an exchange, and about one in four say they are more likely to pay a fine instead of getting insurance. These findings help explain the low percentage of the uninsured who have attempted to access the exchange websites.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Plenty of reasons.

- Many probably don't see a need for it, just as they thought they didn't need it before this fiasco.
- Others aren't signing up are probably annoyed that they don't get any money out of it like they can with a EBT or SNAP card
- Why try to sign up for something that is clearly broke. Wait until it's fixed, which I don't see anytime soon.
- Some still have managed to hang onto their insurance plans. So we'll never see them sign on.

And as often as government employees and contractors lose laptops with sensitive and personal information, I also see a lot more identity theft going on.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am ignoring the site because I would rather take my chances than pay THOUSANDS of dollars. I can not afford 100 dollars a month for a family let alone Thousands.

I feel I am speaking for many others as well.

Frankly I am just waiting for the implosion of the health care act.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

ManOfHart
I am ignoring the site because I would rather take my chances than pay THOUSANDS of dollars. I can not afford 100 dollars a month for a family let alone Thousands.

I think you have a point.

Also...who in the hell and how in the hell are they planning to enforce these "fines" that are being thrown around?

You cannot force people to buy this BS then threaten to fine them when they don't and I suspect may are saying "Enough" and taking their chances.

I live in an affluent community where most people are "privately insured" but I can assure you that if the rates keep rising at an alarming rate? (35% for my coverage since this crap started including the new "mandatory fees)

There will be many more people ignorign this entire fiasco!

edit on 8-11-2013 by irishchic because: spelling

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think this is true and the biggest reason is a simple one. Quite simple.

Those who are already uninsured are barely making it, in most cases, as it is. Paying several hundred to a thousand or more per month isn't painful. It's mathematically impossible. The money just isn't in this world to spend for them ..and me, for that matter. Count me among the uninsured with absolutely no intention of paying a dime on this.

When they take my house, eventually, for non-payment ...I won't have a mortgage to pay. THEN I can pay their "insurance" fees. Until then, shelter for myself and family comes first, foremost and always. No two ways about it. The wishes of Politicians don't even rank on the scale. (Sorry Washington!)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfHart

I completely agree with you. I'll just take my chances and not pay anything, in hopes it will implode on itself.
I don't owe the government a damn thing, and thats what they will get. (unless they go for my tax refund...Can't really do much about that other then hope they don't). Obama can kiss my a**.
edit on 7/4/1776 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfHart

I'm waiting for an implosion of the healthcare act then of Obama's presidency.

How long before the liar is impeached? Has he ever told the truth about anything ? Does he think he's more intelligent than everybody?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Many people who need it are too busy looking for a 2nd job after their Full time was cut to avoid having to be given an employer option.

Many don't have or can't afford a computer.

Many don't have the time to spend waiting on hold (see first point)

It is not helping the least of us, and is hurting the middle class as well...

Affordable my ass.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

ManOfHart

This. ^^^

I can't afford $100 a month or more. I haven't had health insurance for the last 15 years, I don't need it now. I will wait until the penalties outway the cost before I am forced to buy it.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Ironic that the whole idea was sold with the reasoning being that
a national health insurance program was about everyone having health insurance?

I think we knew this was coming, though I must admit the ACA is failing big
and fast, far exceeding anything I expected.

The website failure just alone is just spectacular!
Still not working,

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
They always ignored that the highest demographic in their pet uninsured number were young, healthy people who felt they didn't need health insurance although they could actually afford it. If they didn't want to pay for it before, what on earth would make anyone think they would be eager to sign up for it now when it's that much more expensive?

And then there are going to be a lot of people for whom it is simply economically impossible. I know we'll fall into that category unless I get really lucky and land full-time work somehow.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Everybody seems to be missing the point. ACA was NEVER MEANT TO WORK!!! The entire idea behind it was to destroy the current system and blame it on the evil insurance companies, thus opening the door for a single payer system. Once that happens it is all over. You thought what Bloomberg's tried to do in New York was over the top, you haven't seen anything yet.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here is one, sorry need to rant but this is actually hilarious in twisted sort of way.

The Massachusetts state website responsible for Obamacare enrollment
is still experiencing glitches that wrongly identify people as
prison inmates or mental patients,
according to a Boston
Herald review Friday.

Whaaat? Prisoners and Mental Patients?
Seriously, where is the little laughing smiley right now!

The Massachusetts Health Connector website also cuts off people with
hyphenated last names, suggesting that having obnoxious progressive
parents is now a pre-existing condition.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Imagine though I would be furious if this was on me though.

This is pathetic!

edit on 8-11-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
People could ALWAYS receive healthcare.

Laws are in place so that no-one can be turned away from receiving care. The poor know this. They also know that they'll get care if they spend money or if they don't. So they won't spend the money.

*caveat; I'm sure that there are examples of people being turned away from hospitals. I'm speaking in general terms and of current laws.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

I think many of us are still a way from accepting what you're saying, although I suspect it may be accurate.

It's just too big a thing to face just now. Like standing half way down a mile long rail tunnel with no room on the sides. You're not going to want to accept the light at the end ...really is moving..and noisy..and a TRAIN!

It's a lot easier, if only for the final moments, to pretend it's a bat with a flashlight...or anything but what it really looks like.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
How the hell is my government going to FORCE me to PURCHASE a PRIVATE product at the cost THEY deem "decent"

Screw them. Screw their stupid healthcare BS. They can all do things to themselves that I am forbidden from speaking of on here. If I wanted to follow what a bunch of morons told me to do, I'd go down to the nearest bar and start asking for advice from drunk people.

Obama can shove his "policies" where the sun doesn't shine. I'm not buying it, I'm not going to sign up, and I'm NOT paying any fines. The first person to approach my home in an attempt to coerce me into buying, will be swiftly punched in the face. I've had ENOUGH with this unfit administration; Never in my life have I witnessed any group of people so INCOMPETENT.

To everyone refusing the healthcare reform: Great job, stand tall and unwavering. It will be a cold day in hell if I were to ever agree to this BS.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Vortiki
How the hell is my government going to FORCE me to PURCHASE a PRIVATE product at the cost THEY deem "decent"

Screw them. Screw their stupid healthcare BS. They can all do things to themselves that I am forbidden from speaking of on here. If I wanted to follow what a bunch of morons told me to do, I'd go down to the nearest bar and start asking for advice from drunk people.

Obama can shove his "policies" where the sun doesn't shine. I'm not buying it, I'm not going to sign up, and I'm NOT paying any fines. The first person to approach my home in an attempt to coerce me into buying, will be swiftly punched in the face. I've had ENOUGH with this unfit administration; Never in my life have I witnessed any group of people so INCOMPETENT.

To everyone refusing the healthcare reform: Great job, stand tall and unwavering. It will be a cold day in hell if I were to ever agree to this BS.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I don't own anything, I make less than $7000 a year and haven't been to a doctor in over 20 years because I'm healthy. I'm not on govt assistance and I live very carefully and I do ok. NO WAY am I paying for a service I don't want or need. If I get a catastrophic illness or whatever I have DNRs in place and I'll go with a smile on my face after living a fun filled life. Only thing on my bucket list I didn't do was go to Australia and New Zealand.

They can come after me all they want and I'll laugh at them frankly.

Here's my motto "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body -but rather to skid in broadside - beer in hand - thoroughly used up - totally worn out - and loudly proclaiming HOLY S##T WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!!!!!"

Lil

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
of course most people don`t know anything about the exchanges, obamacare is free insurance right? I just have to go any doctor and tell them to bill it to obamacare,right?
buy insurance? huh? i don`t need to buy insurance i got free obamacare!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

You'd be amazed at how many people I know and come into casual contact feel this way also!

More than "they'd" like to admit to and a hell of a lot more than actually signed up for this crap!

It's a money grab,a tax,another way to extort money from anyone they can.
It's intended to accumulate voters, prop up the insurance companies who are huge donators, and to suck the life and resources out of the remaining generations of people who have assets.

Healthcare and anything related to the word "health" and or "care" aren't part of the plan IMHO.

Many doctors get it also...they're not biting either.

Let's hope it all goes away peacefully!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm ignoring it because my kids have insurance through there mom.

I have to go to a cardiologist because some doctor thinks I'm going to drop dead.

I'll pay out of my pocket to get the treatments because I'm the type of person who'll Superglue his own leg on before giving the NSA anymore information on me than i already have.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join