It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian man shot to death by Isreal soldier for using fireworks near a bus stop!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The video shows a man standing by a bus stop setting off fireworks. 22 seconds in he is shot and killed by an Isreali soldier.

The excuse?? They said he was a terrorist, suspected he was wearing explosives...so shot him dead.

I can't get my head around this. Its just stupidity. Killing a person that is no threat, and then blaming it on terrorism...sounds familiar, doesnt it.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No one knew it was fireworks, I woulda done the same, I mean, why would you randomly set off fireworks in a street in november? I woulda assumed he was using bombs or something.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Atmas
No one knew it was fireworks, I woulda done the same, I mean, why would you randomly set off fireworks in a street in november? I woulda assumed he was using bombs or something.

Is that sarcasm?? I hope so lol!

The soldier would of seen they were fireworks from where he was standing...opposite the bus stop, just off to the left.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

AmberLeaf

Atmas

Is that sarcasm?? I hope so lol!

The soldier would of seen they were fireworks from where he was standing...opposite the bus stop, just off to the left.

To play devils advocate...

In my youth, I may have made some pretty impressive improvised fireworks from several smaller ones...

Blew the car doors off a junker once...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
No it wasn't sarcasm, idk how you can even come to that conclusion, it was pretty straightforward.

Imo the guy wanted to die, why set off ezplosives in a tension filled area? He was kinda asking for it. In tge us I see plenty of people set off fireworks in the streets, but its mostly new years or july 4th and even on some random days, but we think nothing of it because people don't constantly try bombing eachother.

Imo you're looking at it from an american pov, which its not.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Atmas
No it wasn't sarcasm, idk how you can even come to that conclusion, it was pretty straightforward.

Imo the guy wanted to die, why set off ezplosives in a tension filled area? He was kinda asking for it. In tge us I see plenty of people set off fireworks in the streets, but its mostly new years or july 4th and even on some random days, but we think nothing of it because people don't constantly try bombing eachother.

Im not even American LOL

I assumed that someone could not be so silly as to condone this behaviour...thats why i thought it was sarcasm. Clearly i put to much faith in humanity on here.

Not everyone on here is from the USA, and not everything revolves around the USA, you know there are other cultures right??? 5th November every year here in the UK millions of fireworks are set off...bonfire night.

He was asking to be killed because he set off some fireworks....m'kay

You should sign up to the army so you can take some of that hate out on innocent women and children....they will probably be asking for it too so it shouldnt be too hard to take their lives.

"She bent over near her child, i thought she was picking up a bomb so i killed them both" i can hear you now lol!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

To play devils advocate... In my youth, I may have made some pretty impressive improvised fireworks from several smaller ones... Blew the car doors off a junker once...

I dont think that was the case here, it looked like a roman candle.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Can someone tell me what he thought he was doing?

honestly I would of shot him too if i was in the situation. what did he think was going to happen?

look at me I'll light a bunch of explosives and see what happens. Doesn't matter if its for show.

what are the firework restrictions in citys? Im sure it varys around the world.

Sure he wasnt 'suposed' to do that.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

AmberLeaf

To play devils advocate... In my youth, I may have made some pretty impressive improvised fireworks from several smaller ones... Blew the car doors off a junker once...

And if I was in an apartheid state, as the oppressed people, I might refrain from playing with explosives (something fireworks are classified as)

Doesn't make it right, just makes it unwise to do.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

AmberLeaf

Atmas

Im not even American LOL

I assumed that someone could not be so silly as to condone this behaviour...thats why i thought it was sarcasm. Clearly i put to much faith in humanity on here.

Not everyone on here is from the USA, and not everything revolves around the USA, you know there are other cultures right??? 5th November every year here in the UK millions of fireworks are set off...bonfire night.

He was asking to be killed because he set off some fireworks....m'kay

You should sign up to the army so you can take some of that hate out on innocent women and children....they will probably be asking for it too so it shouldnt be too hard to take their lives.

"She bent over near her child, i thought she was picking up a bomb so i killed them both" i can hear you now lol!

You condescend me for assuming, yet your whole post is one huge assumption about my opinion.

Its ok though, you're mad at me I actually put some thought into why he was shot, you're just like herpderp its only fireworks.

Also, thanks for reminding me how much I hate women, children, and Palestinians, I completely forgot.

You're also doing opposite of the ats motto, which is to deny ignorance. Stop acting like a 13 year old girl because someone's opinion is different from your own
edit on 8-11-2013 by Atmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt

honestly I would of shot him too if i was in the situation. what did he think was going to happen?

look at me I'll light a bunch of explosives and see what happens. Doesn't matter if its for show.

Only he knew, and he wont be saying anything ever again.

He was probably just winding up the Jews, they arent exactly innocent in any of this.

Are you from the US?? If so, we seem to be seing a pattern emerge in regards to how quickly you would fire on an unarmed man.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It could have been, but what makes one think lighting a roman cable wouldn't bring this type of action especially with the tensions so high in Israel.

I don't condone it, but I can't condem it either.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

All we know he could be setting up a road side bomb.

All im saying is what kind of smart guy would go out at night on a busy street with solders and set off a bunch of explosives?

He was begging for confrontation

edit on 8-11-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt

All we know he could be setting up a road side bomb.

All im saying is what kind of smart guy would go out at night on a busy street with solders and set off a bunch of explosives?

He was begging for confrontation

edit on 8-11-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

I find it highly unlikely he was setting up a roadside bomb, even the Isreali military confirmed there were no explosives on the guy. He had blown up all his fireworks i presume.

He may have been begging for confrontation but it still doesnt justify the force used.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Atmas

Why are so many people excusing governments. Killing people lately? Soon people will fart at the wrong spot get shot and killed and people well excuse it because of bioweapons of mass destruction. Something creepy about the way people think lately.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

AmberLeaf

hknudzkknexnt

Only he knew, and he wont be saying anything ever again.

He was probably just winding up the Jews, they arent exactly innocent in any of this.

Are you from the US?? If so, we seem to be seing a pattern emerge in regards to how quickly you would fire on an unarmed man.

You're so naive I can't tell if you're a troll or not. You even said yourself there was a chance he was winding up the jews, with explosives, and you still don't see how bad that is.

"Hey john, lets go # with those jews with lighters, explosives and bright lights, they won't think its a bomb" that was sarcasm

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

LoneGunMan
reply to post by Atmas

Why are so many people excusing governments. Killing people lately? Soon people will fart at the wrong spot get shot and killed and people well excuse it because of bioweapons of mass destruction. Something creepy about the way people think lately.

Its called common sense. Why light fireworks, in isreal, with tension being so high? I'm not excusing them, but it was justified with reason.

Also, your comparison was horrible.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You're so naive I can't tell if you're a troll or not. You even said yourself there was a chance he was winding up the jews, with explosives, and you still don't see how bad that is. "Hey john, lets go # with those jews with lighters, explosives and bright lights, they won't think its a bomb" that was sarcasm

No im compassionate, there is a difference.

So what, he wound up some jews? It seems that if the Jews dont like it they can do what they want and kill who they want with no comeback.

I understand you think its acceptable and appropriate force, i dont, it doesnt make me a troll. Check my stats, trolls dont have more stars than posts.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Fire works are for enjoyment something that should be used certain times of year. Those people running as he set them off were running for their life not because of joy clearly not the right place to set them off.
Some places I'd expect exactly what happened here for doing something so stupid.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

AmberLeaf

You're so naive I can't tell if you're a troll or not. You even said yourself there was a chance he was winding up the jews, with explosives, and you still don't see how bad that is. "Hey john, lets go # with those jews with lighters, explosives and bright lights, they won't think its a bomb" that was sarcasm

No im compassionate, there is a difference.

So what, he wound up some jews? It seems that if the Jews dont like it they can do what they want and kill who they want with no comeback.

I understand you think its acceptable and appropriate force, i dont, it doesnt make me a troll. Check my stats, trolls dont have more stars than posts.

You must be a troll, either that or you fail to have basic comprehension skills, because it seems you're always twisting people's words, where did i state jews can do what they want with no consequence, can you quote that please? You also seem to hate jews because your obvious bias towards them.

Now I'm a troll because a couple people starred my post because it made sense. Shame on me for having more stars then posts. You're acting like I have power over people and made them star it. Also, whats the correlation between stars, posts, and trolls?

Compassionate people would try to end violence, you seem anti jew and act like palastinians are innocent. Both sides did their wrongs and one is no better than the other.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join