It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Suspends EBT Cards for Food Stamp Cheats

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Bottom line, back on the subject, I am held accountable for every dime I spend no matter if I have it or charge it. Why should it be any different for any of them?? They stole!! Looted!! Who's stuck having to pick up the tab? It sure as heck wasn't free.

I say, good for him.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The reality is the people are criminals simple as that. If you went over by 5 -10 dollars maybe but $700 your a criminal and deserve whatever do to you.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

The measly was to point out that there is no incentive to remain on this program. Especially if you are used to having more. It's substandard living at best. My friends have given me food. To them I am eternally grateful. You know so you don't think that I actually want t be on this program. And I
Am out looking for work every week and applying for grants for school. But once again thanks for judging me.
edit on 11-11-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

First I would like to remind everyone that the EBT Food card is supposed to be a supplement to an income it is not and never was intended to supply all of the food needed to feed a person or family for a month.

Second there are two types of "money" loaded on the EBT cards not everyone gets both, one is EBT Food (and only food may be purchased with it) generally between $100 and $300 but I have known people who only received $16.00 per month, the other is EBT Cash and the person can buy whatever they want with this cash/debt card, generally around $400 per month.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

But once again thanks for judging me.

No problem, any time

reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Interesting. So how do you think it was that people made off with up to $700 more? ... edit, scratch that I found that post that explains it all.
edit on 11-11-2013 by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Visitor2012

What are the actual mechanics of that ? How do they collect if they don't have account info? What do they submit to the govt to get their money exactly ?

Good point. Maybe it wasn't a glitch at all. That somehow the transactions were still going through. Then when the simulated glitch was through, and the poor people walk off with their goods, with an overdrawn account, and they cut all of them off for a year. How much money could that save the governing district?

edit on 11-11-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I am not responsible for any children but my own. If I choose to feed the neighborhood children, then I will do it. I do not like feeding the children in other states when I have no idea if they are really needy. I do not like some bleeding heart telling me my responsibility to mankind. So the children are hungry, perhaps they will learn a better way of life and not keep repeating what their parents are involved with. If the children are hungry, perhaps the parents will make better decisions. I know -- I am mean and hard hearted. Get real. Our society does not allow children to starve. Get off your soap box.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I sure hope you're not this rude in real life. I am going to assume that the anonymity of the internet gives you your courage to be so nasty. I hope not or you probably get punched a lot.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

You think it's kosher to punch people who say things you don't like? That's not very civilized.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think I now understand why this whole EBT thievery fiasco happened in the first place.

It seems this "every man for himself" mentality is systemic and has become a cancer that has spread throughout the land.

You people can't even be civilized and compassionate towards each other in a friggin forum thread on the internet, let alone living next door to one another.

... On the plus side, it makes for entertaining amusement for the rest of us around the world sitting here reading your posts.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join