It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the dead people?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I was talking about this with my wife the other day and was hoping that someone on this board could enlighten me. Based on this graph.

www.livescience.com...

Up to this date approximately 100 billion people have been born and died. There are 15 dead people for each one currently living. If this is the case...where are all the dead bodies?

Let's throw out everything before 1650 just to be conservative, since there was a lack of accurate recording and burial and such. That's 85 Billion gone right there. Where in the world have 15 Billion people gone? the number of cemetery facilities I see are sparse, they are definitely outnumbered by people in terms of capacity. No way there are even 1 billion people properly buried around the world. The rest, especially pre 1800 were just thrown in a ditch? most current bodies just cremated?

where are all the dead people?!??!

I put this in conspiracies because the conversation my wife and I had started to go into the number of cows and steers that would be needed to provide all of the meat that is eaten.

Average American eats 60 lbs of meat a year

www.dailymail.co.uk... ng-US-diet.html

Average Cow yields 600 Lbs of sellable meat

ask.metafilter.com...

That's 30,000,000 cows a year in the US that have to be slaughtered to keep up with this demand (300,000,000 people, 1 cow for every 10 people) . Where are these 30,000,000 cows at? actually they don't slaughter all of the cows...some give milk...some aren't ready for slaughter, Maybe every year 1 in 10 cows die for meat...so there must be 300,000,000 cows in the US, right? I've driven through the Midwest, I've been in 40 states..there aren't 300,000,000 cows around...no way.

See what I'm hinting at, we are being Soilent Greened, right?
edit on 8-11-2013 by Nowyouseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I was interested in doing a thread on this. In China, you really see it. You pass through rural areas on the train and you see mountains and foothills littered with graves. It's actually a little spooky.

Yet, in Japan, they had a case of human registration fraud, where they said some populations were a few percentage of people from certain areas were never real to begin with.

As far as population counts go, a lot of money is associated with inflated numbers. I am curious how much fraud is actually there.

Cremation of course accounts for a good number of disposed bodies.
edit on 8-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sixty lbs of meat a year is average. I guess I am three times as average as most people.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You are making up for all of the Vegetarians (me) and the babies...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nowyouseeme

Where are these 30,000,000 cows at?

See what I'm hinting at, we are being Soilent Greened, right?

Montana has 6 cows, Texas has about 12 of them. They just show them over and over on TV so it looks like we have more.

You don't really think that's beef you're eating when you stop at McDonald's do you?

The post about China is right though. I've wandered around a few of their cemeteries and they cover entire mountain sides. They have all those little tiny shrines with jars of remains. It is kind of creepy.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Cemeteries for the general pop are relatively new. Most people were buried on the family property, behind the house. You are forgetting the family plots.

Working in well n septic from time to time, you come across a forgotten one, and suddenly come across a skele on a farm being developed.

There are also eroded or forgotten cemetaries. I know of quite a few.

I do know that there is a town in California, population living is a few thousand, population dead is 4 million.

As for the cows, now a quarter of all land in the world has been turned over to agriculture or cattle. That number should sober you.

The little prairie that Laura Ingalls wrote about? Only 1% of it remains today.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

First off.. your math isn't great on this. Second, you probably haven't seen much of the US and much less likely you visit the places you would need to to know about this. Last, there about 100, 000, 000 cows in inventory in 2013 in the US alone (11 million in just Texas).
Consider that most burgers are mixed with things other than beef.

Imagine the other countries that sell their beef to the US. Very few countries eat like the US and other western countries eat.

link
edit on 8-11-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You live in the western US. How long has Los Angeles been settled? A few hundred years at best, right? If you travel to the east Coast you see a lot more cemeteries, and if you travel to Europe, they are on every corner, in every churchyard. The whole scale is different. Now add in "lost" civilizations. I'm not talking Atlantis and stuff, just ones that are in ruins. Anywhere you go in Europe you can find Roman ruins outside the present towns. Go to a place like Turkey and you have widely strewn ruins covering thousands of acres.

Where are the dead bodies there? They probably built right on top of the graveyards. That's not unusual. St. Peter's in Rome is built right on top of the Necropolis that was once outside the walls of Rome. You can even take a tour down in there, layer after layer, to see where St. Peter was allegedly originally buried.

In tropical climates, if bodies aren't burned, they will deteriorate. Even bones don't last in that kind of climate. So the bottom line is that it isn't necessary to account for the graves of everyone who has ever lived because most of them don't exist anyway. Not really a mystery.
edit on 11/8/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Well, people are a lot closer to their food sources in china...they would notice if their local market had 10,000 lbs of meat from Cows the locals know didn't exist in the area. So they are probably on the up and up, but I haven't eaten Mcdonalds since I gave up meat a few years ago...but I remember the cheeseburgers being delicious. I'm not saying that humans aren't tasty if seasoned properly, but at least let me know what I'm eating in case I have an aversion to eating Uncle Alex.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Reasonable explanation, 15 billion bodies just seems like a lot. You should be running into bones everywhere...but I guess in LA that wouldn't be the case. Ok, guess I can buy that.

What about the Cow thing though?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Are you familiar with the song "On Ilkley Moor Baht'at"?

The song predicts that the person being addressed will catch his death of cold, and the verses which follow explain the sequence of events;

"Then we shall have to bury thee..."
"Then t'worms will come and eat thee up..."
"Then t'ducks will come and eat up t'worms..."
"Then we shall come and eat up t'ducks...
"Then we shall all have etten thee..."

So it is true that we are eating our predecessors, but only indirectly.

edit on 8-11-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Many people are cremated. The estimates for cremation popularity is at 60% of deaths by 2025. Both my parents were cremated.

Also in regard to whoever was wondering about cows, the majority of cows are on the giant cow farms that the beef industry has on information lock down. When you're driving through certain parts of the U.S. you can smell the stench from miles away. Same with turkeys and chickens.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Eating pie in the sky.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just to screw with my fellow ATSers' minds...

Think, "Soylent Green"

... sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I have visted 40 states, lived in three and driven cross country 5 times there and back. That being said, I haven't gone looking for cows, so you make a valid point.

I think my math is adequate to present my query.

I still can't believe there are 100,000,000 cows in the US..no way.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

There are definitely no dead people in my basement, so don't waste time looking there.

I would bet most in the history of man have been eaten.
Scavengers, fish, bugs, other people...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

watchitburn

There are definitely no dead people in my basement, so don't waste time looking there.

I would bet most in the history of man have been eaten.
Scavengers, fish, bugs, other people...

I wasn't going to mention it before.

I have four people in a basement waiting for their ashes to be spread. XD

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I vote this thread as the ALL TIME CREEPIEST thread I have ever read on ATS!

My skin crawled just reading it!

Brrrrrrrrrrr, time to find my happy place and not think about this one........

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There are 3.7 million square miles of US land area
There is 2.7x10^7 sq ft/sq mile

There are 1x10^14 sq ft in US

If 1/3 of the US population suddenly died, and if each was buried in 8 ft x 8ft plot, it would take 6.4x10^9 sq ft.

That would be 1/10,000th of the US area.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Over time it must also be acknowledged that civil design and construction changes over elder grave land sites has occurred OP over centuries. And so one moment a grave site 100-200 years later a city or other land form is built as the land ownership changes hands and new interest are brought in. I remember one area that was said to be a grave yard that had a project or low income housing system built over it. Changes do occur...

NAMASTE*******

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join