It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science and Technology Quiz/quick and fun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I only got 2 correct.

But I am a senator from the great state of ________________ ! And I promise that if re-elected, I will fight for tests that give better results!

Gawd Bless 'Murica!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

beezzer
I only got 2 correct.

But I am a senator from the great state of ________________ ! And I promise that if re-elected, I will fight for tests that give better results!

Gawd Bless 'Murica!

I didnt know you were Senator McCain

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
13/13 but I am a proud nerd anyways.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

He sounds more like Al Franken to me. You know, good enough, smart enough, and doggone it! people LIKE him!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hi quiz fans.

I missed the #12, because of my french first langage, and
I did think it was the nails on my fingers !! B-) or B-(

Blue skies.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

C-JEAN
Hi quiz fans.

I missed the #12, because of my french first langage, and
I did think it was the nails on my fingers !! B-) or B-(

Blue skies.

Don't feel bad. It actually should of been more specific. These weren't written by scientists.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I believe this has been posted here before. Also these questions are on grade school level, as someone has already pointed out.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Maxed it.

It's pretty appalling that these questions are even considered useful as survey data. The expectation ought to be that everyone who breathes the air, and reads and writes should be able to correctly answer these questions.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Those results from the telephone survey are pretty scary. More than half of the people surveyed didn't know that electrons were smaller than atoms? I have to wonder what these people think electrons are - or do they just have no idea?

Given all of the debate about "climate change" I'm actually shocked that only 58% got the carbon dioxide question right.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
My wife aced it.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
13/13 . . . .

This is NOT a good measure of science and technology knowledge.

This is like a handout quiz for a NOVA documentary given in grade school . . . .

EDIT:

Personally I feel as though knowledge of science and technology should at least include questions about why mathematical models are so important and how they are used to describe physical phenomena. Also any quiz should include reasons as why certain models of physics are believed to be true. Nothing is worse than when people don't understand WHY things are held to be true and just assume that the models are 100% fact when in reality they are not.

PS Wh
edit on 8-11-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: This quiz really upset me

top topics

<< 1   >>

join