It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Denial About Radiation Levels & Possible Nuclear Wasteland North America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Still living there and after all these years still not dying of radiation.

Maybe they will outlive all the people who evacuated, then what will the scaremongers have to say? Have they been examined by doctors to determine their health or for any signs of cancer? Surely this is a golden opportunity to study radiation effects, as are the Fukushima 50. I now believe radiation Hormesis does work, and am going to try find some stronger sources of radiation, the legal limit is way too low. Even Fukushima isn't 'hot' enough for me, in fact it's lower level radiation than my granite sink!

atomicinsights.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

u do realize radiation also cause, brain tumors.?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I'll let you know if I get one, but I think reading the nonsense about radiation posted on some of the ATS threads is more likely to give me a brain tumour, from spending so much time so close to my computer monitor and all its EM radiation that I can detect with my radio. It's a dangerous world eh?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Anyone else thankful that the Great Pacific Garbage Patch is there to stop all of the radiation before it hits America?

AMERICA!!!

EVEN OUR POLLUTION IS BETTER THAN YOURS!!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

ZombieJesus
reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

Wake up and smell the Fukushima, or at least feel it,I can totally feel it here in San Diego, in fact I have felt it since 3 months after it happened

What does a Fukushima feel and smell like?
edit on 8-11-2013 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

Chernobyl liquadators said they could taste it - a metallic taste.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

ZombieJesus

Wake up and smell the Fukushima, or at least feel it,I can totally feel it here in San Diego, in fact I have felt it since 3 months after it happened

What does a Fukushima feel and smell like?
edit on 8-11-2013 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

I think it smells a little like butt, and taste like fish. Could just be my upper lip though.

Folks is a trippin! The real bad stuff is heavy and will disappear under ground cover or ocean sediment quickly. Just look at Chernobyl it was bad and now days its pretty much safe. Animal life in the area is completely normal and unaffected. Well some moles and other burrowing critters may be getting an unhealthy dose, but life goes on. And the same is true with Fukushima, life will go on. This will not end humanity or even slow it down.
edit on 9-11-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
RadCast.org

A new and in development site that monitors and reports radiation levels around the US. All volunteer, very grass roots. An opportunity to get involved.

ho We Are
We are citizen scientists thrust into the role of needing to find out how much radiation is in our air, our food, our water, our lives all because the government won't do it for us. We are students. Wives. Partners. Gay. Straight. Teachers. Doctors. We are anyone. We are you. And we are very very concerned by what we have come to know is falling on us from the sky due to Fukushima and nuclear power plants and its leftover highly radioactive trash called plutonium. We use the best equipment we can as citizens and we have the best information we can possibly get as citizens and we bring all of our findings to you. This, RadCast, is for YOU.

The home page has a chart, click on the chart for a larger version of current counts.
edit on 9-11-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
In Germany, the allowable levels are 600Bq/kg.

Some of the wild boar in Bavaria's Bayerischer Wald forest still have levels of 7000Bq/kg from Chernobyl.

www.spiegel.de...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Threads like this are way the rest of us think Americans are pretty stupid ......

So, anyway, a little radiation leaks into the sea half a world away. Meantime, how many nuclear bombs have been exploded in the USA in the past 50 years?

Try this:

And be afraid ...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Some of the wild boar in Bavaria's Bayerischer Wald forest still have levels of 7000Bq/kg from Chernobyl.

1 household smoke detector (with americium) 30 000 Bq (much less than 1 Kg)
1 kg uranium ore (Canadian, 15%) 26 million Bq

Oh those poor Canadian mine workers, doomed to an early death no doubt.

www.world-nuclear.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The fact that the mass media is reporting little or nothing about a radiation event several times more severe than Chernobyl says a lot. The scary part for me is when I go food shopping and have noticed a large part of the produce is coming from California, and wonder how much fallout if falling in the rain there for going on 3 years. Also noticed today when shopping by the seafood department at my local store, that they had a sign reading "Alaskan Salmon". Someone had taken a marker, crossed out Alaskan, and replaced it with Canadian. I am sure people are starting to ask questions. I feel for the fishermen whose lively hoods will be wiped out by this, because at some point it will become impossible to hide. No obvious effects where I live on the East coast, but one thing, my wife and I noticed that on some days when we go outside in the morning, we are beset with severe fatigue in the afternoon. This has NEVER happened before. I have heard of cases of fatigue in several other States, including Texas and New Mexico, I will see if I can find the link. Be safe, I would strongly recommend getting a radiation meter for food, this thing is only going to get worse IMHO.
edit on 9-11-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I remember the news stories about workers volunteering to work knowing the radiation would kill them.
just the other day BBC news said NO one has die from this um! accident !

I was thinking the other day that I should get a cheep geiger counter.
any one know ware to get a good cheap one?
get some funny looks at the fish counter in the supermarket!

oh! I have lots of potassium iodide.
any one what to buy some?

Just found this web site. web site!
you to can build a cheap geiger counter!
very cheap and I think you will Die if it works.
( very high rads)

edit on 9-11-2013 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I wonder if this "drill" on Nov 13th-15th has anything to do the radiation coming across the pacific and hitting Hawaii??? dprogram.net...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Funny that first vid showing the radiation isn't even affecting the coast line, like there is some kind of invisible force field there lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm upset about Fukushima but I am wondering if eating Alaskan salmon or other fish would be so bad. I miss seafood and because of this have stopped eating it myself but if the fish are not dying from it wouldn't that tell us they are ok? I have read conflicting accounts (higher in food chain the more concentrated it becomes), and then things like this below.

TextSome bottom-feeding fish right off the coast of Japan contain much higher levels of radiation (i.e. >250 times more cesium) than those found in Pacific bluefin tuna. Even if you consumed 1/3 of a pound per day of this highly contaminated fish, you’d still be below the international dose limit for radiation exposure from food.

chriskresser.com...

I know there are positive and negative charges to radiation so things like chlorophyll or earthy substances may offset the negative effects of toxins in the environment (including radiation). Perhaps fish get this from the foods they eat too. A stretch but it would be nice to hear a positive in all of this.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
People can be moronic, I am against nuclear power because it's dirty as hell, I consider myself an environmentalist, I do agree capitalism has let this become ugly...

But Jesus H Christ and a Hamster Sandwich on Rye... cut it out already

freaking Luddites with zero science education to back up irrational beliefs...

Your life expectancy has never been so high, YES there is a lot of poison out there, YES the govt and business DO make decisions that are seemingly retarded, but the reality is if you have half a brain you can live longer than ever.

Not all that long ago HALF of you reading this would have already either needed a root canal and died... or maybe went out to the god damned out house on Christmas Eve got Pneumonia, or eaten by a god damned Bear or whatever...

You people sound like idiots...

"god help the children" "ELE" Give it a rest, half your kids wouldn't have been birthed alive not all that long ago...

Too stupid to remember life before Lysol are we? Or Aspirin?

Let's get Real, the no 1 killer on the West Coast is Heart disease and Fukushima isn't going to devastate squat in California compared to the CURRENT death toll from... Cheeseburgers, crack, Gun violence, alcohol abuse, 64 oz cokes, virulent herpes, stabbings, aluminum ingestion, smoking, mercury light bulbs, Meth, domestic violence car crashes...or just plain being a Fat over consuming jerk off...

OMG, for the entire history of the West Coast every doufus with a surfboard has dove in...with the Great White God Damned sharks and all the naturally occurring freakin Uranium in the Ocean going up their nose never even knowing this stuff also has a BIOLOGICAL half life and in time does leave your system.... so now there will be some Caesium, with a giant Biological half life of 30 days if you take some Prussian Blue... which god knows Californians wont do with their Coffee freakin enemas and all that... Go for a swim on Labor day you have nothing in your system by Christmas and that is only if your a moron who half drowns and swallows a few gallons of sea water by the end of the day... LOOK OUT FOR THE SHARK IDIOTS it's more dangerous...

So go build a time machine and go back and live with the natives... with the fantastic life expectancy of 27 that they had before we arrived...oh snap wait...you'll need a nuclear power plant to run a time machine....damn foiled again

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
lol sorry, no offense intended... it's just dumb already, the volume per water in the Pacific is really safe, there's nothing really in the air, the filtration will only improve the dilution is ridiculous, there is a biological half life and in this case it's really short for 99% of whats out there, the strontium being the only issue But it's a bone seeker and when you buy fish you don't eat the damn bones... every negative prediction is based on...Assumed accidents and you know what happens when you ASS+U+ME

It's going to be okay

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Another day, another bull# Fukushima fearmongering thread.. Extinction level event? Really?
Even in a worst case scenario, the world outside of Japan has nothing to worry about. This is, and will stay a regional catastrophe.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
There's pretty much a complete media blackout on this.

Has anyone seen the main stream news give more than a short clip (30 seconds to 2 minutes) updating people on this this issue??

Given the fact that the MSM loves to capitalize on people's fear -- You'd figure they would be all over something like this.

I guess that's a sign that this really is as bad as the scientists are reporting online!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I don't think this will be a "mass extinction" event either... But over the next 10 years, I thinks it's very possible that we see a large number of fish die off if #4 goes...

"A third of the fish in the sea will die."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join