It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Obamah Really Apologize With Any Credibility?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Can Obama really apologize with any credibility?

In many cases, affected policyholders are being squeezed. They either don't qualify for subsidies to lower the cost of new premiums or they may have to pay more in the health care exchange marketplace.

This is always the case with government programs. They knew this going in. So what does an apology mean now? Its simply coloring the thing with crocodile tears. Those being squeezed are being squeezed to pay the subsides of others that they themselves don't qualify for. Thus they are being squeezed out of their private policies, by design, and so being "forced" into the government insurance programs at a higher cost.

And yet Obama referred to private policy holders as persons being "forced" into these private policies. I ask were any of you forced into any sort of private policy? This is simply another lie to cover a lie.

"Most of the folks who ... got these cancellation letters, they'll be able to get better care at the same cost or cheaper in these new marketplaces," Obama said, also noting that "we have to make sure" people do not feel as if they've been betrayed by an effort carried out with their best interests in mind.

But this is not what is being reported. Folks are reporting higher costs at the government exchanges. And if one could get coverage at the same price it just shows that they were forced off their private plans to subsidize the government program. So its really not in my best interest but the interest of the subsides. Another lie. Folks are simply being "squeezed" of the free market to make the government market work.

And the use of this word "squeezed" sounds like street slang gangster movie stuff.

Obamacare depends on younger, healthier Americans to buy into the program and pay premiums to offset costs for covering older people who need more health care. Those without insurance who do not sign up for a plan face a fine.

Don't buy into this. The AHCA is going to rely on "squeezing" folks paying for private insurance off those policies and "forcing" them onto the government rolls. Those paying fines will watch them rise higher and higher over the years as well as those paying for the coverage out right.

Anyway nothing is resolved with this "apologizing". Simply more bs to cover old bs.

CNN

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
To reply directly to your title question? Well, I had to really sit here and think about that for a minute. My itense dislike for him and what he represents colors judgement to everything else, so that's a real hard thing to set aside sometimes.

Having set that aside, if only for a moment? Yes... I think he could apologize and effectively make things right, enough to at least be taken seriously in the future. I think the chances are roughly equal to winning the Powerball, getting the Trifecta with the ponies and being told of your luck in inheritance from a long lost relative ....all in the same week, but I think it's possible in theory.

The problem, and why I call it one step this side of impossible to see happen, is how it would have to happen to mean anything at this point. I think first, he'd have to throw several of his closest political allies under the national bus for the sake of the country and their total inability to function in their jobs. (Never gonna happen)... THEN.. He'd have to sit down with a traditional Oval Office style address and, as a Man, not just a President, do something I'm not sure he's EVER done in his life. Take 100%, total and unquestioned responsibility for the actions of those he's worked with and more, those he directly has authority over.

Without that last part? Nothing means anything but more talk for political damage control....and we'll never see this one even joke about unconditional responsibility accepted for any failure, IMO.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
He does not need to apologize to anyone

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Well...I look at it this way. I could have told you I was going to add $250.00 to your bank account, just give me your account number and I'll make sure it gets added...I promise!

You trust me , because there is no reason not to...hell, millions of people trust me because I told them the same thing!

Then you find after the fact I didn't add any money to your account, I stole a lot out of it. Poof...it's gone, you had no say in it at all.

After a lot of hoopla by a lot of people who got their money stolen too...in order to try to quell a building fire storm...I tell all of you I am sorry I lied to you and stole your money.

That doesn't change the fact I lied to you and stole from you, does it....

Des

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Logarock
Can Obama really apologize with any credibility?

The answer for that is NO.

He is a second term president he is apologizing no for the people, but for his base camp democratic party that are working already for the next elections.

After all is not the poor and needy the one that is affected is the hard working class as usual and those are far and scarce this days no enough to be counted as a strong force coming next elections.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Destinyone

Well...I look at it this way. I could have told you I was going to add $250.00 to your bank account, just give me your account number and I'll make sure it gets added...I promise!

You trust me , because there is no reason not to...hell, millions of people trust me because I told them the same thing!

Then you find after the fact I didn't add any money to your account, I stole a lot out of it. Poof...it's gone, you had no say in it at all.

After a lot of hoopla by a lot of people who got their money stolen too...in order to try to quell a building fire storm...I tell all of you I am sorry I lied to you and stole your money.

That doesn't change the fact I lied to you and stole from you, does it....

Des

No it doesn't.

What I am trying to point out in the op is that this apologizing is simply assuming another position to cover the first. That he or someone figured that a future "apogee" would be part of the sell.

Its not really a DUH moment here with hindsight and reflection. Its part of the "we can read it later" flow. Well now we are reading it later.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes he hasn't admitted to deception and misrepresentation. He is rather glossing over that with wording like "for your own good" and notions about some people always getting a short stick on something like this. He and supporters of this will never get close to the core of the deception and misrepresentation. They will just dance around it like fools at a Maypole. Deception being the main pillar of the sell.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Honestly? I don't think there's any way in hell, this President would have planned an apology in advance, as part of the game plan. He doesn't do apologies...ever!

The only reason he did this *kinda apology*, is because his back is being pushed against the wall so hard stipple marks are in his skin. His own party is turning on him. He could give a crap about us the *people*. His own are turning on him.

JMOHO....

Des

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

LOL! Oh boy. And as he looks around for someone or two to toss under the bus they are all saying "hay don't look at me".

A really game saving sacrifice would be Nancy "we can read it later". But she is to big for him to lift.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

FOX News announced 2 hours ago, they were in a holding pattern awaiting a *special announcement* from Kathleen Sebelius. No one knows what it will be, but there is some speculation she is going to resign. That would make sense to do that after Obama's kinda apology. He doesn't like having to make an apology...he doesn't think HE did anything wrong. Someone is going to have to pay for that ya know. She may be the first to go under the front wheels of the bus LOL

Des

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Obama simply can't win with some people...they will do illogical back flips to go against him no matter what he does.

The Right Wing has been crying for the past 2 weeks about this and asking where Obama's statement is on it...so he comes out and issues a personal apology...and the Right Wing's response is "He's got some nerve talking about this".

I really wish I could read some people's thoughts just to hear how they continuously lie to themselves in order to justify their hate.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Obama is just another tony bliar.
Completly full of excrement.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

AlienScience

Obama simply can't win with some people...they will do illogical back flips to go against him no matter what he does.

The Right Wing has been crying for the past 2 weeks about this and asking where Obama's statement is on it...so he comes out and issues a personal apology...and the Right Wing's response is "He's got some nerve talking about this".

I really wish I could read some people's thoughts just to hear how they continuously lie to themselves in order to justify their hate.
why couldn't he close guantanamo?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

AlienScience

Whats this? Wow a standard response. Must be me, wont let the guy do anything, right winger and we know how they are, hatefully self deceived....yyyyyyaaaaawwwwwwnnnnn.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Why does anyone blame this guy for anything at all? The law is thousands of pages blah blah blah, did he read it? NO, NO ONE DID. Did he write it? Hell no, lobbyist did. He was handed speeches from staff who didn't read it either, and spoke just like he is supposed to: look left, look right, look left-up, look left-down, look left, look right. It all went according to plan, why is he responsible?

The shame here is the populace never looks toward the real creators of the who scheme. They attack the messenger as if that makes a difference. Between golf outings, fund raising, hangin with Jay Z you think this guy has time to: read the millions of words of the laws he signs, run the military like a tight ship, meet with global leaders on spying, hire judges, appoint czars? Seriously, are there people that think this guy is a one man wrecking crew?

He's a messenger. Attacking him doesn't make a difference, that's why he is out front on things, so the cowards can hide behind him.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Well you don't expect them to come out from behind the tool do you?

Besides at some point he made himself available....he knows the rules. Tool in tool out.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
NO!
Just NO!

~Cheers~

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

What's the price of tea in China?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Whats this? Wow a standard response. Must be me, wont let the guy do anything, right winger and we know how they are, hatefully self deceived....yyyyyyaaaaawwwwwwnnnnn.

What's this?

Someone has called you out on your hypocritical stance?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

What's the price of tea in China?
is this how obama feels now? OBAMA PROMISED TO CLOSE GUANTANAMO.
Why did he lie?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join