It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's First 3D Printed Metal Gun

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Meet the world's first 3D printed metal gun. This is unbelievable to me. If they can make a gun out of the 3d printer technology now, I'm sure later they'll be able to make anything they can dream up. Came across this on the daily paul and didn't see it posted after I did a search. Just thought I would share.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Woohooo! Finally...now lets get to printing some AR builds already!

Could not actually listen to video at work, but did they print the entire 1911 and all parts, such as the spring and all?

Also, on the first hand held test it appeared the slide hung a bit on the first two shots. Anyone else seeing that?
edit on 11/8/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I'm not super thrilled they made a weapon, but the technology is amazing.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Just what America needs..more guns! more guns! more guns!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

ahhhhhhh! stop derailing the thread! it's not about guns! it's about the technology.

you guys are killing me!

edit on 8-11-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: add

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Great tech and now soon to be banned

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight

I'm not super thrilled they made a weapon, but the technology is amazing.

I am....I think this is exactly how we are going to be able to circumvent whatever laws are pushed on us to keep us from our rights.

Somehow I don't see this company putting the CAD on the net for everyone though....looks more like they are using it as a low cost method (after a period of time) to manufacture pistols for a lot less.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Great news for every tin pot dictator or criminal gangs, you can just print a gun

Step backwards for any civilized society this is.

link   

PhoenixOD
America needs..more guns! more guns! more guns!

Quoted for truth

I thought this was rather interesting.
The technology involved is still developing.

Waits for a 'Replicator'

link   

my hope is that they will use this for more constructive things other than weapons. the fact they can do this period is mind boggling to me.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight

ahhhhhhh! stop derailing the thread! it's not about guns! it's about the technology.

you guys are killing me!

edit on 8-11-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: add

The technology to make more guns! more guns! more guns!

I loved the way the guy said "its not out intention to show how to make fast cheap guns.." . Im only surprised he didnt turn around and wink at that point. lol

edit on 8-11-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
After all of the shooting "incidents" in this country, this is exactly what we need. There's something loose in the typical american males mind. How about something that dosen't eventually end up killing someone. Like a artificial limb maby?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

hopefully that's something this technology will be used to do. again...............(holy crap I can't believe I'm having to say this again) the thread is not about the f*ing gun.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I don't think it is their intention to show how to make it. If I were a manufacturer I sure would not want to put it out there for everyone. I would want to make them myself for a lot less and sell them....essentially cutting out numerous other competitors who have not gotten up to speed with the tech yet.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Oannes
How about something that dosen't eventually end up killing someone. Like a artificial limb maby?

Never seen the movie 'Naked Gun' eh?

The one arm, one legged, one eyed man comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Oannes
After all of the shooting "incidents" in this country, this is exactly what we need. There's something loose in the typical american males mind. How about something that dosen't eventually end up killing someone. Like a artificial limb maby?

There are plenty of things being manufactured out there, including artificial limbs. The only reason people focus on THIS particular manufacture is because it is a gun....very simple. Who cares if an artificial limb is made....you can't politicize that. A gun you can and you can draw sides and make a debate and blah blah blah.....

Like the OP said....thread is not about that.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Well the thread is about the first people to make a 3D printed gun, this has huuuge implications that just can not be ignored. They chose to make the gun because it would get them lots of attention, If it was just about how strong their process was they could have many millions of other items.

They have opened a can of worms with what they have done, no one really cares to much about how the can was made, its all about the worms.

edit on 8-11-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Funny how its not about that, yet its the only thing in the video? Sociopaths don't even have to visit gun stores anymore. They can just make a killing instrument in there own basements now. I don't know where this world is heading anymore... Anyone looking at this world from the outside in must think we have gone totally insane.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Oannes

Funny how its not about that, yet its the only thing in the video? Sociopaths don't even have to visit gun stores anymore. They can just make a killing instrument in there own basements now. I don't know where this world is heading anymore... Anyone looking at this world from the outside in must think we have gone totally insane.

Yep...my guess is EVERY psychopath in the world is on EBAY right now ordering a printer capable of printing metal pistols as well as all the materials...it is so inexpensive I bet they are ordering 3 at a time right now....

They are also all taking classes on CAD and becoming engineers just to do so.

If they fail at their first attempt I am SURE they will keep at it for however long it takes to they can go on their rampage and shooting spree...

*end sarcasm

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
wait till you see the killer ai robot drone that connects to the handle of the new 3D printed metal gun

comming soon...

eta
i forgot self repricating
oooops
edit on 8-11-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join