It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ogden Utah is watching you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I know we sometimes give our friends across the pond, a hard time about all of the surveillance they deal with. I know that we are also watched but this video truly shows how well they can do it. Now this is a smaller town in Utah.

In this video the police department is showing off all of their toys. Including the ability to scan 100’s of license plate numbers, and track you around the town. If you have the 5 minutes, and want to see what kinds of toys police departments have for tracking you. I would give this a watch.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Sorry forgot to mention I know this is from a year ago. But all I could think is, if this is what they show us. What do they really have.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

If this is the spy room for a small town, imagine what those rooms look like in London or New York. When I was in college I was a voyeur because in the dorm across from us a female student would exercise nude with her drapes open and lights on, and half the guys in our dorm would be armed with binoculars at the regular time. Now any Peeping Tom, Randy Dick, or Dirty Harry can get a job with their local police department and specialize in watching.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Not just the police. I sold and deployed the systems for Lockheed's Global Combat Support Systems in Ogden back in 2009 with other locations in Dayton, OH, Montgomery, AL and Lighthouse in Suffolk, VA.

Very advanced capability and would not be surprised if these police were actively engaged in working with them on the same front.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Interesting video. Guy at the end claims he doesn't care who people are in the video "unless they are breaking the law". But thats not entirely true now is it?

Screen captures from OP video:

This first one above shows information associated with the name of a person (partially obscured, top left):
"Data for:---LOTH-48 years". In his or her file on screen we note that they have a "Relationship Diagram" which includes relatives names, their Zodiac sign, age and "additional" information for each of them. Further down the page we see "Indicators" which reflect history of "Bankruptcies, Liens and Judgments". Hmmm…

Then, the kicker.. to the right of the capture screen we see "Carriers", for phone service I presume. "Possible other phones" with a Run Super Phone Report window. Can't even guess what thats about (rolling eyes).

Heres another screen capture from the same video that shows criminal history including, Sex Offender Record (SOR) among other things.

So this central "security camera" headquarters relays more than just a video feed, don't it officer?

This system tracks people. Got tickets? DUI's? Behind in Alimony? How about that Bank lien? You can run but you can't hide.
edit on 8-11-2013 by intrptr because: screen captures

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Ogden has a population of around 80,000. I could not imagine a setup for a few million people. I guess it just comes down to if you leave your house you are tracked. And if you stay at your house they still track what you are doing.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

Act1Scene1

crashbehr
I know we sometimes give our friends across the pond

You have no friends, across the pond or otherwise. Don't ever make the mistake of confusing our government working with yours as us being your friends. Ever.

Troll much?

Exactly what part of that post was trolling? I can't blame you for not understanding what goes on outside your borders, you live in an open air prison controlled by a corporate dictatorship. Simply put, in the last few weeks, your brave compatriot Snowden showed the world just how you treat your "friends", such as spying on leaders of democratic states, most of them allied to the US through NATO membership.

Turn off fox news down there in Georgia and have a look at the world you alienated. It's not so scary.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Act1Scene1

Vasa Croe

Act1Scene1

crashbehr
I know we sometimes give our friends across the pond

You have no friends, across the pond or otherwise. Don't ever make the mistake of confusing our government working with yours as us being your friends. Ever.

Troll much?

Exactly what part of that post was trolling? I can't blame you for not understanding what goes on outside your borders, you live in an open air prison controlled by a corporate dictatorship. Simply put, in the last few weeks, your brave compatriot Snowden showed the world just how you treat your "friends", such as spying on leaders of democratic states, most of them allied to the US through NATO membership.

Turn off fox news down there in Georgia and have a look at the world you alienated. It's not so scary.

LOL...so the US is the only nation that spies on allies? I am glad to be in my open air prison...very nice here. After all, I would say the UK is much worse off than the US as far as surveillance and rights infringement rolls.

As far as trolling....your entire post was looking for a response and baiting. You signed up TODAY and post blather about how the US has no friends. No country does for that matter. Maybe go fix your own country before looking at others to fix it for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
LOL...so the US is the only nation that spies on allies?

On such a widespread near industrial scale? Yep.

Vasa Croe
I am glad to be in my open air prison...very nice here.

No it really isn't.

Vasa Croe
After all, I would say the UK is much worse off than the US as far as surveillance and rights infringement rolls.

I wouldn't start talking about rights if I were you. Once you are allowed to elect your own governments, we'll get back to that topic. As for surveillance, nowhere beats the US for that. Your government nearly passed a bill that would allow them to switch off the internet, as well as the PATRIOT act. Damn, talk about police state.

Vasa Croe
As far as trolling....your entire post was looking for a response and baiting. You signed up TODAY and post blather about how the US has no friends. No country does for that matter. Maybe go fix your own country before looking at others to fix it for you.

Oh please. If I was trying to troll you, you'd have thrown your computer through your window by now. Define "blather" for me, if you would. According to you, "blather" is anything which is actually true, but if someone I don't like says it, it must be trolling. You gave me this fantastically accurate definition though at first poorly attempting to chide me for a comment you then go on to support.

As for fixing my own country, we are well on the way. Our national debt is decreasing, our economy is starting to grow and we forced our government out of starting the third world war in syria. I bet you wish you could say the same.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

WOW thank you intrptr. I guess I should have looked closer at the screen. Thank you for your time on that.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

crashbehr
reply to post by intrptr

WOW thank you intrptr. I guess I should have looked closer at the screen. Thank you for your time on that.

You are most welcome. When they (oops) show it, I love to read the fine print.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
/waves hello to the NSA.

There's quite a few interesting patents relating to surveillance including the usage of live cams that were created by a couple of IBM employees for national security measures including the use of video footage to ascertain cohorts. What I find so ironic and rather abominable about all this surveillance done under the guise of protecting us is that it sure didn't stop the Tsarnaev brothers who, even when coupled with the direct questioning and surveillance of live agents, still pulled off what they did.

So much technology, so much failure.

new topics

top topics

join