It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers accused of roughing up Man, Pregnant woman following police chase.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Officers accused of roughing up Man, Pregnant woman following police chase.
It was bound to happen and I think this is what we are going to see more of. If I read the article and looked at the video that is mentioned, and people are finally waking up and getting tired.

Here you have it where the police, in a large major city, in an attempt to apprehend a person, run him over and hit him with their vehicle, as he was on the vehicle. A pregnant woman, goes over to help the man, being a Good Samaritan, and the police start to rough her up. What ever happen to seeing if a person has any sort of medical training, to give assistance in an accident? What would have been the outcry if the person had died, would it matter?

There are both good and bad cops out here, but in a lot of the bigger cities, it is turning out that there are a lot of bad cops out there, and the public is getting more and more tired of them. And I would not be surprised if we see more and more of this kind of event occurring, where the public decides that the police are not doing their job, abusing their authority and start to demand justice, to the point where the police cannot do their job.

The bottom line is that, the police need to, while on the job, not only uphold the law, but also be held to a higher standard. And people also need to respect and obey the law.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
she was luck they didn't shoot her, innocence is no defence to being shot these days.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Cameras on every lapel, cruiser and gun barrel. The kind of camera that doesn't conveniently malfunction when there is a problem.

If LEOs would police their own it would garner some semblance of respect from the citizens. Prove there are good cops and not a bunch of two-faced facilitators.

When will heroes step forward to stop this?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

The problem is that those who could speak up are afraid of doing such. Think about it, the police are the ones who do the responsibility, they have to check the crime scene, they are looking for every little bit of evidence, go to school and get the same training. So the question is when are they willing to die for their principles to do the right thing, knowing that they will be putting their and their families lives in danger, and that there is a good chance that the murders are going to be able to get away with murder?

What needs to happen, to make it easier to stop the abuses and the corruption, there needs to be in short 2 police forces, separate from the other, not interconnected. The first does the traffic stop and to secure the crime scene, things like that. The second is the ones who do the investigation, gathers the evidence and ultimately the mandate for both would be to investigate the other to ensure that they are doing their job. That way if there is a problem, the other ideally would be able to start and formulate an investigation and make sure that they remain clean.

The hardest department in any police department, and one that should be fully independent and answerable to the city, should be internal affairs.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Mandatory cameras on every officer, now that is something I agree with you on.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
Cameras on every lapel, cruiser and gun barrel. The kind of camera that doesn't conveniently malfunction when there is a problem.

It's utterly amazing the number of departments/jails/prisons where the cops/guards being recorded also have access to the recording media. I can't begin to count the number of times cops acted out (even murder) where the cameras mysteriously turn off, malfunction or the recording media was misplaced.

The most rudimentary of management control systems require separation of functions. Either wide swaths of police management are literally incompetent or they are intentionally leaving chain-of-custody backdoors in the security system to protect the blue line. Either way, incompetent or dirty, such managers should flushed with the rest of the solid human waste.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
You folks from the states must be so on edge when ever a cop is around, this is getting crazy.

You are a country with at least a semblance of democracy and representation and a freaking major issue needs to be made of this. Your representatives need to have their every hour dogged by this issue untill change happens.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

TorqueyThePig

Mandatory cameras on every officer, now that is something I agree with you on.

I'm really curious to ask, since you note this? I've gathered by previous posts I've read that you work in law enforcement (the screen name is a clue too..lol). So, in your personal experience? How many cops would be/are open to cameras on their body or in their unit which cannot be turned off or somehow "broken" at a crucial moment?

I know I can say the backlash I recall about the idea of Cab/Dash cams in commercial trucks was almost deafening when it had come up over my years on the road. It was never logical to me though and I had a version of it myself by choice. It struck me as a way to protect and CLEAR drivers (or police in this example) far more than proving bad dealings or conduct?

...and of course, the bad examples a camera catches in either profession really needed caught anyway.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yep, mandatory cop cams!
I have said this for a long time, they would provide much legal evidence on both sides of the fence.
And how do they say it in the big leagues, "camera don't lie".
I hope these officers are fired and prosecuted.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

If LEOs would police their own it would garner some semblance of respect from the citizens. Prove there are good cops and not a bunch of two-faced facilitators.

When will heroes step forward to stop this?

Isn't that what Dorner was trying to do?

Didn't work out too good for him if my MSMC.

edit on 8-11-2013 by toastyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Am I the only one that feels that a lowlife crackhead got what he asked for? High on PCP, fleeing from the police after a burglary and then resisting arrest. And as for the women roughed up - isn't it common sense to stay awake from cops making an arrest?

new topics

top topics

join