It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New and improved Silk Road returns to the Deep Web.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

It took the FBI and the Department of Justice two and a half years to shut down the Deep Web drug market known as the Silk Road and while they might have arrested the alleged mastermind and several vendors and users, the spirit of the service seemingly can’t be taken away.

A reborn Silk Road came online early Wednesday morning with the promise of being bigger and better than the original. According to All Things Vice, administrators first worked on rebuilding the community. To curb trolls and spammers, an invite-only system was implemented where users could only join the forum via an invite from an existing member.

New and improved Silk Road returns to the Deep Web.

I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised that the TPTB have there little undernet back up and running. One has to wonder why "They" even bothered to take the first iteration down? Upgrades and anonymity I suspect.
edit on 8-11-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I dunno how anyone can even see the deep web. I tried and it was so slow I gave up. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Nothing apparently.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

Whats the bet that any and all activity conducted on this new and improved "Silk Road" will be intercepted and analysed by these people or there American equivalent?

I suppose its only fair since most of the traffic on said network will probably originated from that place!
LoL
edit on 8-11-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Pimpintology
I dunno how anyone can even see the deep web. I tried and it was so slow I gave up. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Nothing apparently.

It's slow because you are bouncing through several nations and a dozen or more nodes, all encrypted, all blind to the hops back beyond about 2 levels. So, by nature, the lag is going to be horrible. It can be secure, or it can be fast. It can't be both, given who it's being secured from.

Uncle Sammy can run all they want down there.... Doesn't matter. If people know how to move around in that world, it's still as safe as it's ever been. If someone doesn't know how to be safe, it's always been a crap shoot to the most dangerous place that doesn't require invitation and 3rd party programs just to knock on the door for.

It's the morons that use real names, recognizable login information or ...unbelievably... meet someone from a deepweb contact. Well, sometimes they get what they ask for and in quantity I suppose. The problem with all that? You only have to screw up once... Just one time. Most people can't maintain 100% total security, 100% of the time without a single slip, ever.

Heck..I don't bother either, unless it's something highly specialized and narrow for need. It's more effort than I want to put out for a Super- version of Wikileaks or Cryptome, IMO.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The pentagon invented the internet and fueled the drugs trade, and then the founder makes this statement:

Ross Ulbricht, the 29-year-old San Francisco man accused of running the world's biggest online drug marketplace, Silk Road, said he is "not excessively" concerned about the future.

The Guardian

Hmmm. Methinks maybe the FBI got a tap on shoulder letting them know that they nabbed one of their own, after all these drugs were found after they entered the country, so either homeland security and customs are hopelessly inadequate or they were let in.

And given the strict regulations of TSA and customs it's more likely that it was the latter.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Sorry dude, this was posted yesterday

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Already posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing

~Tenth

top topics

join