It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sensations...not unpleasant. Your opinions, please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Over the last two or three months, I have noticed some very peculiar sensations of 'warm spots' on various parts of my body, but mainly the upper outside of my thighs.

It's a bit like someone gently warming my skin with a magnifying glass over a small area (about the size of a 2p coin). Lasts for a few seconds then gone.

It's actually very pleasant and not at all a problem.

I'm just flummoxed...what is it?

Opinions are welcome from one and all, but particularly anyone with medical knowledge.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Oh, no... I won't after all

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
No medical knowledge here but I have been having the same sensations on my forearms and both my ears and the top thighs. They will even turn red when it happens. My doctor says it is early menopause. I am not sure if you are female, or of age... but figured I would offer it up anyway.

edit on 11/8/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Could be neuropathy. Go to a rheumatologist and get a full autoimmune work up.
And check in with a neurologist as well. That's my advice .. for what it's worth.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm a 53 yr old male, so no menopause.

But it's intriguing, if a little worrying, that you have the same symptoms.

reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't see it being neuropathy, as I'd imagine that would be uncomfortable if not painful.

The curious thing is that these sensations are very nice - no pain at all, in fact the opposite.

I thought about possible DVT (deep vein thrombosis), where you get an area that's very warm compared to the surrounding area; but it's not that.

It's just a sensation of warmth, not actual warmth.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm not sure what a 'full autoimmune workup' would entail, and I'm pretty sure most GPs wouldn't send you on to a neurologist for just this. I honestly don't think there's a test for autoimmune issues, it's more of a 'crossing other options off the list' sort of diagnosis...

There's a very slight chance that it's the beginning of something like MS and your nerves are just firing off a bit randomly although usually MS presents as a tingling at first followed by random shooting pains and clumsiness/paralysis that's intermittent.

I would try taking a large dose B vitamin complex, preferably with zinc added; (it will turn your urine bright yellow, that's just excess B vitamins being flushed out, since they're water soluble; it may at first also cause watery yellow diarrhea, so be aware of that). The reason for the B vitamins is that they're necessary for the 'insulation' on the nervous sheaths and can help nerves that have been damaged regenerate to a point. I've used this myself for carpal tunnel syndrome back when I was typing 8 hours a day (medical transcriptionist) and I know it works; when I'd back off on the vitamins, the symptoms would return of tingling and pain along the wrists. There's no way to get this much B vitamins in your diet unless you're a staunch vegan living on broccoli all the time, but these amounts are therapeutic rather than just maintenance-level. You want something that says on the label that the amounts are in the 8,000 to 12,000% range of the RDA. No worries about overdose, they'll flush out of your system in a day and need to be replaced. A good B vitamin supplement will balance the different Bs to what works for the body, and if possible buy them in a health food store, not a grocery store; they'll be fresher for one thing.

I would also take a large dose of vitamin C, in the 2000 mg a day range at least. Most people in western societies are practically in scurvy status, they eat so little. Once you cook foods you destroy the C in them, and that includes everything canned and pre-packaged. We evolved from ancestors who cooked nothing, not even meat, which in almost all other animals was saturated with C. For some reason due to a genetic quirk, we can't make our own C and have to eat it every day, or our cell walls literally turn to mush. Very high dose C is being used with some success on cancer patients, in IV form up to 20 GRAMS a day. It's very important stuff, and 'modern medicine' is for the most part not up to speed on its importance. They'd rather sell you chemo for $20K a month...

...end of today's little medical lesson....

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It could be a lot of things, mostly benign, but since it's the thighs, it could mean what we call "toxic colon".
Especially if it also begins to itch.
Do you have any digestive issues?
If so, it could be toxic colon.
In and of itself, it's not dangerous, but just bad for overall well being.
It means you have tons of crap stuck in your colon, and probably have a degree of leaking gut syndrome.
You can start to suddenly become allergic to things you've eat your entire life, or weigh gain with difficultly losing etc.
You need to flush your system if this is the case.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I'm not sure I want to start a megavitamin regimen and risk bright yellow urine and diarrhoea because of a recent sensation of warm spots on my skin which - I must stress - is not in the least painful but, to the contrary, very soothing.

I'd be happy for it to continue.

I would just like to know what's causing it.

reply to post by PtolemyII

No itchiness, but occasional indigestion which I, once, mistook for chest pains.

No bowel issues that I'm aware of.

My diet is pretty healthy, I don't have any deficiencies or conditions, as far as I know.

Overall and by and large, I'm in pretty fine fettle.

The sensations seem to have stopped now, but they were only positive and soothing.

I'm trying to think of any malady which announces itself with lovely, warm, soothing sensations...and I can't.

This isn't/wasn't a problem.

The only problem is mystery.

new topics

top topics

join