It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible WW1 Footage - Holy *** is this real?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The footage is real.

Battle of the Somme, 1916.

A million men died in a few months.

And yes, they filmed alot of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

smirkley
The footage is real.

I am just asking, so they set a camera up on the sidelines and all these bullets/bombs/tanks/mortars/grenades/ Nerve gas/ etc never effect the camera or the camera man?

Unless it was remote controlled and they had extension cords running all over the battle field I have my doubts.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think it might be a dramatic re-enactment and not actual war time footage

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mlifeoutthere

The poignant music surely is appropriate.

How sad.

May we come to learn war no more and beat our swords into plowshares and go from tactical to practical.

And may the modern transformation of the 21st century be a transformation not as much in military affairs (see PNAC Document), as in human affairs, making of the 21st century looking back on it in hindsight not the Century of the Self, but the century, of the human being, in relationship to one another and to himself and to the whole world he (or she) inhabits with sustainability and ecological balance and harmony ie: a New Age, of reason, and of spirit and love and understanding and comprehension.

We f'd up, Big Time! : (

Let us never forget, therefore, including 9/11 and what has ensued in it's wake, for the sake of God and man and this magnificent world we've been given to inhabit, let's not drop the ball again as the so-called "PTB" have clearly done so, that's what comes to my mind when watching that amazing video clip, how those wars were engineered by "powerful" interests and they are not what they seem ie: good triumphing over evil.

And I think that those who died in them would agree with this assessment and that if they could speak they would say "no more war".

It's very very sad indeed.

"What shall we call this war?" asked Franklin Delano Roosevelt of Winston Churchill, having called Churchill on the phone when the die was set; to which Churchill replied without a moments hesitation - "The UNNECESSARY WAR!"

---

It has been said that "all happiness for man must arise exclusively only in relation to some unhappiness, already experienced" (Gurdjieff) and that "the more that sorrow and suffering has carved into our being, the more joy we can contain" (Gibran). But oh what a price..

May we therefore learn from history so that we will not be condemned to ever repeat it like we did this past decade in order so that these horrors and atrocities may be avoided in the future, and so that what has happened and been permitted to happen, even sought out, might serve the many victims sacrificed as a cause of great historical learning about what NOT to do and how not to BE at all levels from the bottom up and from the top down, because if we do not evolve, we're doomed, and the time is now, and so if not now then when and if not us, then who?

Never forget.

Best Regards,
NAM
November 9th, 2013 (Memorial Day weekend - and I thank them also for the extra day off, to contemplate over the loss of so much and at such a price). We need it, that extra day, to pay homage.

Thanks OP. S&F for a perfect thread at just the right time.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
While I can understand your suggestion, I have very carefully suggest that camera's in that day....

DIDNT USE ELECTRICITY !!

I know, hard to believe, huh.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

smirkley
While I can understand your suggestion, I have very carefully suggest that camera's in that day....

DIDNT USE ELECTRICITY !!

I am assuming that reply is to my post up above, So I ask you this? Why is the camera not shaking and why is the camera man whom is manually cranking it not shaking the footage?

Look at the supposed battle field and tell me it is not all mud?
Therefore the camera and the man in control are on mud too no?
Another point is what was the focal capabilities of cameras back then?

bernews.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.yfaonline.com...
Take your pick from the above clips and tell me if they would be possible during a full fledged battle not more than 50 feet from the camera?

I see you very wisely neglected to address the Nerve gas which at the time of the supposed battle was widely used.

Please explain why the camera is not shaking in the least?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by mlifeoutthere

that's awesome, a world where metro men didn't exist, amazing stuff

Granted we need less weak people in this world but dont romantacise machismo in the context of this video.

This is pure hell in my opinion. Having to go through this as a human of any stature would destroy ones soul.

The survivors of this ordeal would be deeply scarred and for life and hopefully didnt take it out on their close family and friends. There is nothing awesome about this video there is only shame, Shame that with all the ability we possess we have to revert to this barbaric and devolved nature.

Humans are a waste of potential.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

smirkley
The footage is real.

Real as in from a real hollywood movie yes. And you can watch the entire film if you wish. Its title and link have been posted many times prior.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I wish I caught this earlier as my most studied history subject is turn of the century - WW1. Anyways yeah that footage is definitely a recreation. There was a really good silent film made in the 1920's along with many others that must have cost the movie makers immensely, but it did a really good job portraying the western front battlefield.

Must have taken a lot of resources for the whippet tanks and low flying airplanes to be used. The hills look like it was a film made in Cali though.

Anyways if you look at most footage because of the technology of the time, 90% are taken behind the lines or a recreations, there are limited amounts of footage, but some AWESOME ones with South Africans doing a trench raid. As well as a camera setup to film a HUGE explosion setup by miners underneath the trenches (there was almost as much underground fighting between the 2 sides as the trench warfare above, with each side listening for the other ones picking away, then sticking a torpedo when the underground tunnel was getting close to theirs to blow up the people on the other side without them knowing anything for many to suffer an even worse fate being buried alive)

If you want to talk about spectacular tanks (tanks were supposed to be at first "land battleships", and the Mark IVs and Vs were originally developed by the navy, everybody should check out the TSAR TANK developed by the Russians.

Same goes for WW2 much of the footage you see and believe are actual videos of bombers flying to their targets, are bombers flying practice in New Mexico (except for the Raid on Ploesti Oil Fields etc...)

Would post pics and the videos but gf came over and is distracting...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

smirkley

DIDNT USE ELECTRICITY !!

The cameras did have motors, but they didn't work well, so it was mostly hand cranking. All film was censored by the military, and would be edited. Initially both Haig and Kitchener, disallowed any reporting in picture or film. The Generals disliked negativity in reporting, and the editing is meant to show progress to victory. The same hoken still goes on really, however the filmers in those days had no special priviledge, so walking around with a 'sticky out' thing wasn't a good idea.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I consider myself a "metrosexual". I'm also a veteran who has served overseas. So I find your generalization offensive.

I also ran a survival/outdoorsman forum up until recently.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

This is not a real battle, in those days the camera was hand cranked, and on a tripod, always. The cameraman would have been killed, and the camera was made of wood, so I really can't buy that this was a real battle, it was something staged for a movie scene.

WWI was from 1914-1918. This may have been an epic battle scene, but it was a movie set. Not a real battle. The movements are not even jerky enough for silent films.

If this was a real battle, then that cameraman could sure keep up with the hand cranking in a fluid motion. But I don't see this was real.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

smurfy

smirkley

DIDNT USE ELECTRICITY !!

The cameras did have motors, but they didn't work well, so it was mostly hand cranking. All film was censored by the military, and would be edited. Initially both Haig and Kitchener, disallowed any reporting in picture or film. The Generals disliked negativity in reporting, and the editing is meant to show progress to victory. The same hoken still goes on really, however the filmers in those days had no special priviledge, so walking around with a 'sticky out' thing wasn't a good idea.

This is even way more fluid motion that "The Birth of A Nation". Hand cranking was well into the late 1920s. The cameraman would not have wanted to be exposed on the battlefield like that.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

Bollocks. It's a movie called J'accuse filmed in 1919 on actual used battlefields by Abel Gance.

Everyone feel silly now?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

MadMax9

Bollocks. It's a movie called J'accuse filmed in 1919 on actual used battlefields by Abel Gance.

Everyone feel silly now?

Thank you, now I remember where I had seen that at.

I saw that movie, I knew it was familiar, but couldn't remember what it was.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

kx12x

WW1 really was fought by real men with enormous amounts of courage, knowing they likely were not coming back yet, still walking towards the enemy line, knowing they were all that stood between the enemy and what they held dear..

You said it best, just look at what we have today..

If WW1 were fought by todays "modern" man, we would all be German.

Full quote included for importance.

No, we would not all be 'German' or whatever country it was that was 'superior( we can see that today by noit all of us being 'yankee dogs').
I'm sure that every war is fought by 'real men' (whatever that means?). For te recoird, I consider myself a real man precisely because I choose not to fight in any war, in any war compelled by the banksters, the politicians, the manipulators.

The key thing to remember is that there is always someone who will gain and someone who is willing to sacrifice others ( not themselves) and while this position puts me in a place where it is difficult to actually recoignise the actions of the soldiers, I need to remember that they are just manipulated pawns in a game that they do not understand and so their actuions may well be honest and alttuistic, but with the advent of information technology, I am inclined to consider them more as patholophiles people who would kill anyway, and willingly.

Information technology has changede our perceptuiopns about what is and what isn't and to follow the road to warfare and killing and overt masculine cock-measuring and yee-hah jimbo back-slapping and downright denial of any rights of 'the other side' just reinforces the obvious point to me that the stupid are breeding and we can't evolve becuase of this 'cannon fodder'; (of which we have been aware of the potential for this for decades and has been exp;ored oin may threads on this site.

War is hell.

It's not hell for those who choose to wage it.

Think about that.

Choose not to fight it, because yoiur fellow man is precisely driven by the same needs and wants as you.

Never forget. Never fight again.

Warriors are part of the problem, not part of the solution..

Up yours.

Undeitted. You understood it, I had a drink. We read, comp[rehend, pick nits..don't be an arsehole

edit on 9-11-2013 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

Soldiers are always part of the problem, never the solution.

Think about it.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Sure they did they were the guys caring walking sticks

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

MadMax9

Everyone feel silly now?

It has been fairly well established, back on page 1 or 2, that this is a clip from the Hollywood Movie called "Wings" of 1927. Obviously enhanced with the mood music. This movie won Many awards for special effects etc. Seems like an interesting film to watch.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-11-2013 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If your into WW1 a must watch. The "Guns of August" documents the run up to the war with incredible film footage of the day with all the players involved.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join