It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. Michael Icon in Greece is Shedding Tears

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Anyways, the smilies made me forget what I was going to reply...

They claim it was moved once, but how about moving it around more, for the world to see?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AceInPlace

ahhh so u meant,,"Spiritual things don't talk or hear us/you, so why they would cry out is beyond me ",,

no?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Evidently it was moved and continues to leak a myrrh off and on. One from the orgional church is doing the same. But why are there streaks on the forehead? This is happening in Greece. Why only there? Were both paintings recently restored? It only speaks of one being restored with no info on the other.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yea if it its so amazing and the can do restorations,
might as well XRAY it, too

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

well they could have bought it too an ART GALLERY in Detroit,,or how about Stockton California?
they have a nice place too show it.
in there Stadium.

thats if people believed in that sort of thing.

maybe the Firefighters and police dept. can look into it.

after all there both bankrupt,, so a little hope,, for change.,,,
oh ya " hope,, for change.",,u would have too ask that guy.

forget about it,,

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I grew up in Greece. As long as I remember myself I always heard about crying paintings in churches. mysteriously apearing paintings of saint at caves, ''holy places''.etc, miracles of all kinds
Some advertise they have the clothes of Mary, Saints, pieces from the cross and many other scums like this, that has been debunked through times but fanatic religious people don't want to see the truth
they see only through the eyes of faith! Sadly

It's a scum, it always was a scum...
I still remember how in most cases in the news , the church maintence guy had putted a thin plastic frame behind the painting with same frequented water. Each time someone puts a little pressure on the frame it starts droping...
Thats was case in at least 15een different incidents
It's a common tactic in Greece, specialy at older times where the people were too naive and too supersticious...
So common that none really pays much attention, Asmost every church has a painting that has done ''miracles''
But sadly these charlatans continue till this day...

I understand that many of you (people of faith)_have all the good willing, to believe in many of these ''miracles''
But please do not bite in their scums. Don't give them ''fuel'' to continue deceiving...
There are a lot of charlatans inside Christianity (priests, pastors, etc) who fake those kind of things to attract attention for advertising their church, village or for personal agendas like fame, and or money.
A priest would get much more respect and he was seen as a blessed person if he had a cring painting or some sort of miracle happened in his church..
People used to pay priests extra money for blessing themselfs, their homes, bussiness or even their cars and motorbikes!
I still remember a certain day, the priest coming to our house and after 2 minutes of praying he left with the equivalent of 50e in his pocket. He would go to all house's in his area and if someone didn't opened the door for him then he was consider evil by the neighborhood and the priest would read an anathema (aphorism) for him in church.

Things have got a lot better overtime, with much less religious madness but Greek religious society is not at all
what we would call open minded or adapted to modern times

No wonder why I became an atheist!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Gathering around folks

and don't forget too purhase a St. Micheal keychain or shot glass on the way out.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

I was raised VERY catholic - I can't stomach the things the roman catholics have been doing for quite a number of years now - I do believe in the bible and in the holy trinity. I believe "marian" worship is the lead-in to the new world religion.

I have a crucifix of Jesus, that has been around for about a hundred years - got it from my deceased Grandfather - who also served in WW2 - as an interrogator to look for the SS, as opposed to the general German military men - who brought back a ceremonial nazi knife - that is now sitting about a foot from the crucifix that is hanging on the wall - because my 30 year old son has had it, and he says he hears voices when it's around him and it gives him the creeps -

Now, hanging from the crucifix is a rosary "blessed" from Medjugorie - for those who know where and what I am referring to - which my Aunt, who used to be a nun in the catholic faith, until she left due to Vatican 2.

This rosary that is hanging around Jesus's neck, keeps disintergrating over the years - I've been in my current home 10 years. The links keep falling apart, and I have to keep loping it over itself.

Along with the nazi knife, I like to think of it as the war between the "idols" in my house.

PS - I completely believe in Jesus Christ out saviour.

If I ever come home and see Jesus upside down - I will freak. I will know the end is now come.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I saw a statue of Mary cry once. No tricks involved. I know it can happen.
I saw a picture of Mary change ... her face flushed and looked live. I know it can happen.
I wasn't the only one seeing these things. So I wasn't delusional.

Lots of amazing things can and do happen all the time.
We never hear about most of them.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You did indeed see this of this I have no doubt, she is our heavenly mother but sometimes we grow away from what christ wanted us to be and if we see these things it is because we needed to see them.
There are many miracles like this but I too fear what it may portend, michael is our guardian and the one most like unto god (as his name means) so if he whom defeated the devil is crying (as he must have when a third of his brothers fell because of the devil) we can only pray for mercy at what may come, is iran going to use the bomb against israel or is it because of Syria of the loss of lives in the mediteranean when poor immigrants sink at sea or is it all of these things, I do not think god loved an israeli any more than a iranian or a palestinian but I am certain he does love these people and his heart must be broken seeing how we treat one another, sadly I also have had my bigotess moments and would purge myself of them if god would allow.
I once saw a lady in white like the virgin but her face was not visible and she was transparrent and feint but felt real, I felt like a little child being comforted and she made the sign of the cross with a rosary standing over me while I was feverish in bed, the following day fully well I told my mother, she replied "I prayed to our lady because I was worried about you", My mother does truly believe in the virgin mary (she is Anglican though had us all baptised catholic but we were never church goers), it is something that has to happen to you for you to believe it. she is there and she prays for the world and for all her children.

edit on 11-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Isaiah 58 “Shout it aloud, do not hold back.
Raise your voice like a trumpet.
Declare to my people their rebellion
and to the descendants of Jacob their sins.
2 For day after day they seek me out;
they seem eager to know my ways,
as if they were a nation that does what is right
and has not forsaken the commands of its God.
They ask me for just decisions
and seem eager for God to come near them.
3 ‘Why have we fasted,’ they say,
‘and you have not seen it?
Why have we humbled ourselves,
and you have not noticed?’

“Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please
and exploit all your workers.
4 Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife,
and in striking each other with wicked fists.
You cannot fast as you do today
and expect your voice to be heard on high.
5 Is this the kind of fast I have chosen,
only a day for people to humble themselves?
Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed
and for lying in sackcloth and ashes?
Is that what you call a fast,
a day acceptable to the Lord?

6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness[a] will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
9 Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.
12 Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.

understand.

Open your eyes
edit on 22-11-2013 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join