It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dept of Homeland Security Publicly Refutes Conspiracies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well this is certainly a relief. For a while there it was beginning to look bad for us due to the Department of Homeland Security plotting. All their activity (and publicity) about ammo purchases, pepper spray guns, body armor, etc, etc, ad nauseum is apparently just conspiracy theory and bloggers who don't understand.

Now they have told us the truth America, there's nothing to worry about, nothing to see here, move along.

Homeland Security Refutes Conspiracies

A range of conspiracy theories have arisen over the past year alleging that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is taking steps to hire a new squad of law enforcement officers and acquire an arsenal of riot gear, pepper spray-spewing guns and as many as 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition, as part of a specific plan to quash dissent, monitor public events, and infiltrate peaceful protest groups.

But the DHS denies such claims, saying it has indeed posted solicitations for security and gear contractors but only as part of normal operations or to augment existing programs, and that the conspiracies being floated by certain reporters and bloggers are baseless.

But the agency vehemently denies such assertions as baseless fearmongering, stating that the solicitations are in line with past purchases and that they have legitimate purposes that don’t represent preparations for mass-scale disturbances.

I don't know about you but I feel much better now. Right? These DHS topics seem to be almost continuous but I don't recall the last time they publicly denied they were up to no good.

Anyone believe them? Anyone at all?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You should be too scared to badmouth those guys.

The media said so.

edit on 8-11-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

edit on 7-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

All that did probably, was raise even more suspicion!!!!

--------
ETA: Like they would ever admit to it any way, huh....

edit on 7-11-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

They just wanna keep us safe

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well this is certainly a relief. For a while there it was beginning to look bad for us due to the Department of Homeland Security plotting. All their activity (and publicity) about ammo purchases, pepper spray guns, body armor, etc, etc, ad nauseum is apparently just conspiracy theory and bloggers who don't understand.

Now they have told us the truth America, there's nothing to worry about, nothing to see here, move along.
bone pain
cervical spondylosis

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
No such conspiracies eh?

I trust George Carlin. I don't trust the DHS.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by manvish434

"Affordable" healthcare, you can keep your healthcare plan - and your docter, too - if you like it.

Fast and Furious, Too big to jail, Benghazi, boston marathon, sandy hook......

I feel really good about our country!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

No such conspiracies eh?

I trust George Carlin. I don't trust the DHS.

God I miss that man.....George Carlin rocked!!!

[Thanks for the vids]

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I shall join this club. I too am glad that nasty misunderstanding has been cleared up.

See, there are members right here on this site who have been telling us all along that it was just paranoid fantasy, and we treated them like some kind of blockheads.

Great job, DHS. We're so proud of our new colossal new police force protecting us from all those horrible terrorists—and now those cranky old conspiracy theorists.

And give the TSA a pat on the back for me next time you see 'em. Great buncha guys. The best.

Thanks, men.....

edit on 11/8/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hmm, I'm perceiving some skepticism here, so...

The police state beatings will continue until morale improves!

I miss George too.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Really now!! Nobody's up to nothin' huh??? YEAH RIGHT!!! When they say something about them NOT doin something, you know right then and there they are for sure up to their eyebrows in sneaky @ss sh!t.

I wonder how they feel about this handful of nuggets here:

Top 5 Conspiracy Theories That Are True! Think Tank

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Doesn't matter what we, as in general population can't possibly believe. ( pro conspiracy )

What does matter, is tossing just enough out there for law enforcement
to have the slightest reason to believe. ( Neg. conspiracy )

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This is the second time in recent memory that ive heard this.

Methinks that thou doth protest to much.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The fact that the DHS is even addressing "conspiracy theories" is proof enough that they're worried stiff.

They hate being exposed.

I think the timing is evidence.

Topics here have obviously been read by somebody.

The agency said the newly contracted officers would be used to guard “IRS building(s) during tax season” and other federal sites, and to provide security during “public demonstration(s)” and “civil disturbances, or other unanticipated events on an as-needed basis.” PSOs have been used in the past to monitor protesters and guard federal buildings.

I think they are systematically circumventing the The Posse Comitatus Act and possibly bypass State Governors abilities to call the National Guard.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The fact that someone is ferreting out and getting rid of those in the Military and Police forces who would never go against the Oath they swore to protect and replacing them with those that will ......

Pretty much gives a good indication of where this is going.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well of course their going to deny anything they may have done, or are planning. Your not going to see a government agency just say "Oh, you caught us red-handed, you win."

People have twisted the word conspiracy to the extreme.

By definition, a conspiracy is simply a plan in which people do something unlawful, or harmful.

So, by definition, 9/11 would indeed be considered a conspiracy. Along with the JFK assassination, the Oklahoma bombing, the Benghazi attacks, and anything else that people planned and carried out that was unlawful.

The only difference, is people debating WHO, WHEN, WHERE, WHY, and HOW the conspiracy came about. People only claim it to be a conspiracy when other people are speculating that a different group of people did it, rather than the people who did in the official story.

You never see the media or government call these events conspiracies, because people have twisted the true definition of the word into something else.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

livinglifeseekingtruth2

The fact that someone is ferreting out and getting rid of those in the Military and Police forces who would never go against the Oath they swore to protect and replacing them with those that will ......

Pretty much gives a good indication of where this is going.

Good Point.

I agree.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

reply to post by Bassago

OH PLEASE. They deny they are "taking steps to hire a new squad of law enforcement officers and acquire an arsenal of riot gear," (quoted from OP)...

They are hiring a "domestic security force" for 19 million dollars. Source

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

If our country actually survives to have an election in 2016 - and if they crown the queen of the damned hillary - I will flee the US with whatever they haven't stolen from me by then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join