It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the numbers of Iraqie civilians killed since war began?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I know in a time of war there is not going to be an exact number but does anyone know approximately how many Iraqie civilians have been killed? How many children? The reason I ask is as far as I know our press never mentions it, I've not seen anything on it and I would like to know, I also feel that the news is more and more filtered since they are not giving out these estimates, surely the pentagon knows.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Last I hear it was under 17,000 but I do not remember the link, of course the press is claiming 100000. That would include normal deaths, car wrecks, etc etc...

I would guess near 20,000...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
There's a website trying to keep track of the death toll by what is reported in the news. I think they have a tally of 14,000 - 16,000.

We are not a news organization ourselves and like everyone else can only base our information on what has been reported so far. What we are attempting to provide is a credible compilation of civilian deaths that have been reported by recognized sources. Our maximum therefore refers to reported deaths - which can only be a sample of true deaths unless one assumes that every civilian death has been reported. It is likely that many if not most civilian casualties will go unreported by the media. That is the sad nature of war.

www.iraqbodycount.net...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
``

I don't think even the Pentagon would have a reliable, accurate #

the hospitals would be a real source, then extrapoliate from those figures

~~~

but here's another type of source, eyewitnesses, in this case- check out
dahrjamailiraq.com...

````

contained in this dispatch and others
is the un-mistakable conclusion that a goodly number of civilians
are summarily executed?...i don't think by american troops !

whoa !- - - was that a BACKFIRE? i just heard....??

+x8
war or peace, are parts of the dynamic

top topics

join