It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope blesses disfigured man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Pope Francis blessed and kissed a man with severe neurofibromatosis. A Quasimoto type unfortunate.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
GOD BLESS THE ill & THE for assisting he...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I really, really like this Pope.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I do too. He's the real deal. Imagine how that poor man felt - I wonder if anyone has ever hugged the poor guy.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm not a Catholic or even religious at all, but I like this pope because he is willing to do things like this.

He embraces this man, he washes the feet of boys and girls that have committed crimes.....he is at least trying to walk the path of Jesus!

That is most honorable and humble.
edit on 7-11-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This pope is on the right track. Not sure it will make up for the crimes of the church, but good job none the less. Beats the last one, didn't he play the emperor on Star Wars?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I worry about this Pope, I do like him ie he is doing good things, but is it just an act or is he genuine?

To me its looks like hes trying to push the guys head down!! do Popes still have access to alter boys?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I get what the pope did.. PR campaign? IDK..

What I find amazing is a man this disfigured still has faith and hope.. Many people (a lot on this site) are bitter, angry and haters of God.. It humbles me.. How dare I grumble, complain, whine.. That man just schooled me..

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I admire his compassion. Although it is indeed hard to say if he is genuine, or simply doing it to make himself look good in front of the people.

I could bring up the idea of blessings, or praying, but I won't go into that. Doesn't seem appropriate.

But I will have to say I feel bad for the person. But that's just the way the world is. Some people are given a metaphorical short stick.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Lets be honest, any/every pope or supposed holy man would do exactly the same thing. your not gonna see todays modern priests or whatnot push away disfigured people and scream "ewww"...

I like the pope not for doing what is in his general job description, but rather because he seems to actually be interested in spreading the words of Christ moreso than the words of church. bout time.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
To me its looks like hes trying to push the guys head down!! do Popes still have access to alter boys?

Really? I mean REALLY???? Oh Most Important and Intelligent Member of ATS!!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Tusks
Pope Francis blessed and kissed a man with severe neurofibromatosis. A Quasimoto type unfortunate.

I am not religious in the slightest. That being said I was moved by this earlier today. I think this Pope is sincere in what he does unlike the previous Pope. Very sad and moving picture. Reminds me of the elephant man to some degree. I hope the Vatican steps in and helps this guy. They may have more money and treasure than anyone on Earth.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

gwynnhwyfar
I really, really like this Pope.

Me as well

This pope is really for the people.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
'I felt as though my heart was leaving my body': Terribly disfigured man who was held by the Pope relives the moment that moved the world

Now, in an exclusive interview with MailOnline, the brave man has described the encounter, saying that being caressed by Francis made his heart beat so fast he thought he 'would die'.

The pontiff's hug was 'like paradise', he said. 'He didn't even think about whether or not to hug me. 'I'm not contagious, but he didn't know that. But he just did it: he caressed me all over my face, and as he did I felt only love. '

Mr Riva recollected: 'He came down from the altar to see the sick people. He embraced me without saying a word. I felt as though my heart was leaving my body.

Just saw this update where the disfigured man speaks about the experience so figured I'd post. Amazing.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join