It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers dumbfounded by discovery of a new type of space object

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Its the spirit bomb from Namek, still traveling through space and time! XD

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Very cool object - whatever it is.

We've got 4 or 5 Comets in the skies right now, the Sun belching out X-Class solar flares and CME's and now this.

Interesting times...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
My guess is that it's the output side of a weeny black hole that's probably no bigger than my ________. It's spinning and spewing out matter that entered it someplace else in the/a universe.
cwm

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Steven Hawkins stated that life can come in many forms. In that Discovery Channel show, they showed some 'possible lifeforms' like this! That, would be a breakthrough!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

boymonkey74
Its a farting comet...

Not even close. I do not know of one scientist that would say that this is possible.

Flatulence is defined in the medical literature as "flatus expelled through the anus" or the "quality or state of being flatulent",[1] which is defined in turn as "marked by or affected with gases generated in the intestine or stomach; likely to cause digestive flatulence."

Wikipedia - Flatulence

Comets have been called "dirty snowballs." They are small celestial objects, made of ice, gas, dust, and a small amount of organic material, that orbit our Sun

Lunar and Planetary Institue - Comets

So as you can see, they are not able to "fart" as you oh so eloquently spewed out here on ATSDotCom.

reply to post by hotel1

hotel1
Its a supergiant Spacedust-Man wearing one of those Headtorch things.

Supergiants are the most massive stars.

Science Daily - Supergiant Stars

Hmm... I don't think it was as big as a Supergiant. Oh, you said Supergiant Spacedust-Man. Well...

Spacedust were the British production duo of Paul Glancy and Duncan Glasson.

Wikipedia - Spacedust

No, while talking about two men and then adding "-Man" is perplexing enough, I still don't see this as a feasible answer to any of this. I think you may have made this up. Not sure. If so, why here? You know what. I think you may have just been joking or as bloggers and web gurus would say "dishin' out the lawlz." Cool.

reply to post by amraks

amraks
Its space tumble weed in the wild wild space.

Pretty sure we have no proof that this exists. Can you please link me to information on "space tumble weed" from a respected site? Thank you.

reply to post by HooHaa

HooHaa
Their here..

Not again!

Eventually correct "their/there/they're" usage will be taught to "they," who are always "here."

reply to post by PLAYERONE01

PLAYERONE01
Its the spirit bomb from Namek, still traveling through space and time! XD

I thought this at first too but I did a little research. come to find out...

Spirit Bomb (元気玉, Genki Dama; lit. "Energy Sphere") is a powerful attack in Dragon Ball, widely considered to be the strongest attack in the series, but depends on the number of organisms supporting its use.

Dragonball Wiki - Spirit Bomb

That is not real. It is a fantasy attack from an anime. It does not really exist.
edit on 11/8/2013 by ThePawnsTheory because: Added important info

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This is pure speculation ... but what is hidden in plain sight?

Comets have particle and ion tails!

Space craft can use particle accelerators and ion drives as propulsion!

Nasa wanted to capture an asteroid to use as a spacestation!

The White House's Office of Science and Technology is currently mulling over a proposal from Caltech scientists that describes a plan to capture a near-Earth asteroid and bring it into the moon's orbit. If approved, the $2.6 billion plan would see the development of a robotic spacecraft that would transport a 500-ton asteroid to the lunar orbit by 2025 where it could be mined for resources and even converted into a base for human habitation. At the same time, it would also offer an unprecedented opportunity to jump-start a mission to Mars — and even launch missions into deep space.
The proposal was put together by the Keck Institute for Space Studies (KISS), a group that is investigating the feasibility of identifying, capturing, and returning an asteroid to the vicinity of Earth. The report, a collaborative effort involving scientists from NASA Ames, Goddard Space Flight Center, the Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition, and many other institutions, is an effort to explore the ways in which space-based natural resources can be exploited. And indeed, given the tremendous costs of sending material into orbit, it's an idea that makes a lot of sense.

Maybe it is occupied and under control?...

... And perfectly undercover!

I believe that it is more than just a rock!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I think he's not trying to communicate with you (singular person) or you (plural), that are unable to infer what he means ...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Isn't it obvious?

It's the ONE logical reason for why ET's do not invade Earth...all those doommongers, from Hollywood alien movies of the 50's, 60's and 70's to the unhinged religious zealots on ATS who have continually tried to spread fear over the idea that ET's will invade our small world in order to ravage and steal our resources for themselves.

There are vastly more resources residing within the asteroid belts, including H2O and incalculable quantities of minerals and elements that it makes Earth's resources look like a throw away mining slag heap.

This 'asteroid' may well be a massive ET mining craft / space resource factory.

It's as good an explanation as any.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I've seen this before. It's going to land, Mr Morden will pop out and start asking people 'What do you want?'.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HubbleSaw

Why is NASA planning on basically doing what i've just proposed ET might be doing in these Hubble snaps, mining asteroids?

Why develop craft to meet the asteroid, move the asteroid and park it in a Lunar orbit, when it would be easier and safer and probably cheaper to just mine the moon itself?

edit on 8-11-2013 by MysterX because: corrections

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

boymonkey74
Its a farting comet...

Ha ha - it must have quite a few ars3h0les on board.

I doubt it has as many as Earth has. Heh.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
one source says that the object is a 700 ft diameter chunk of rock that is spinning off surface dust and the dust is being pushed into 'tails' by the force of the Solar wind...

but i have another possible answer

the chunk of rock is another Fukushima reactor launched into space by another civilization from another planet...
the rays or comet tails are the radiation streaming out of the damaged core of that long ago nuclear reactor

see, they knew how to 'clean-up' a Fukushima type reactor melt down on their World
...just launch a small island sized piece of land into the asteroid belt

"MysterX " had a good idea 4 posts before this one
edit on 8-11-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I imagine mining asteroids for resources for Earth would be more economical than trying to mine a body that has a significant gravity field, like the moon.

The fuel required to escape the moons gravity with the potentially millions of tons of mined material would be astronomical (yay!... accidental pun)! Unless you can find a fuel source on the moon, the embodied energy in shipping materials (plus mining) would far outweigh benefit.

All that would be required to mine asteroids, on the other hand, would be to send machinery and enough fuel to give your asteroid a little "push" towards earth, wait a while, then "catch" it and place it in orbit around earth. Depending on how long you're willing to wait, you can also manage energy costs... longer time = less of a push needed, and less energy required to catch it at the other end. A long term investment could have hundreds of asteroids parked in orbit with very little comparative energy.

Then, while in orbit, you can cut it up, without any pesky gravity fields to deal with, and drop the pieces to earth. Much more economical.

Easy.

;-j
edit on 8-11-2013 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Already posted here.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Wait, so they dont know what it is, and then they try to date it?

Okayyyyyy....LOL.

This is weird, I cant wait till they actually figure out what it is, instead of saying its a 200 million year old chunk of astroid that is spinning and shooting out some gas.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

soficrow
reply to post by Maxmars

Already posted here.

Was going to say the same thing...your thread in this same forum came first.www.abovetopsecret.com...

...although mine in a different forum came yesterday morning www.abovetopsecret.com...

just being stoopid, ignore me.

edit on 11/8/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Its a marker/space light house. Stay of the rocks. And nasa has seen something like this before. Remember the x shaped asteroid.www.spacetelescope.org...

edit on 8-11-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added link,spelling

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Thing is that one was moving after a collision with one comet-like tail of debris from the result of the collision.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
As time goes by we will discover many strange things like this and many others like alien creatures, dead civilizations, new elements and Donald Trump's hair piece.
edit on 8-11-2013 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

an asteroid which had a collision 200 million years ago:

Seems legit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join