It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police in Iowa Shoot and Kill 19 yr. old After Father Dialed 911 to Teach him a Lesson

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
So the question is, to the father, did you learn the lesson?

DONT CALL THE COPS!!!!!!!!!!

Calling in a hit squad of insecure self-medicators with PTSD is never a good idea unless you need a hit squad of insecure self-medicators with PTSD.

I cant be mad at the cops for what they did. They did what they do. This is what cops do.
I can be mad at the parent who thought bringing cops into his personal situation was a good idea. Even a "cute" idea.

You call the cops somebody is going to die. Stop treating them like they're good 'ol boys here to lend a hand because they aren't.

This story should be plastered all over the MSM.

It's time we stop wasting energy on nonsense like police reform because that will NEVER happen. We need to accept what they are and use them (or completely ignore them) as what they are.

Wild animals roaming the streets looking for flesh to feed on.
Dont feed the bears. Dont go harassing the lions. But if one backs you into a corner by all means put it the # down.

Too many cops playing judge, juror, and executioner. A lot of them are rapists and murderers as well. I saw my share of this living in a metropolis. It's only going to get worse from here. Now they have tanks to roll around in.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

disregard of others safety, threatening with a vehicle and purposeful collision.

That's the police also. Modern brain washing is working well.

Given how annoying rev'ing engines are, hopefully police will shoot anyone who does it. Maybe add loud music to the list.

For a citizen, when a treat stops, deadly force is off the table. Sitting in a stopped truck seems to fit that point but the police get a pass.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

i think you need to watch the video again. the squad car clearly stops behind the truck, without hitting it, and the truck proceeds to backup ramming itself into the squad car.

and to all the people saying cops are too trigger happy, that may be true around the country, and i'm sure there are a few around here, but i know enough cops to know that the majority of them will only fire if they feel their lives are in danger, that is how they are trained. my brother has had to pull his gun on people before but has never fired at anyone, and he has been a cop for over 8 years now.

in this specific situation the cops gave the suspect plenty of opportunities to pull over and get out of the car, which he continued to refuse to do, and then he proceeded to make moves like he was going to take off, or worse, run them over, so they opened fire.

and the coroner report said he died from 2 gunshot wounds, out of 6 bullets fired. with 4 of 6 shots missing that doesn't sound like someone firing on someone with intent to kill, that sounds like someone firing because they are afraid for their life.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

roadgravel

disregard of others safety, threatening with a vehicle and purposeful collision.

Given how annoying rev'ing engines are, hopefully police will shoot anyone who does it. Maybe add loud music to the list.

For a citizen, when a treat stops, deadly force is off the table. Sitting in a stopped truck seems to fit that point but the police get a pass.

X2
I bet a few years down the line people on here are gonna say:

"well it's obviously the kid's fault, didn't he know to respect the rules: you just don't shout or speak to the Police officers in a manner that they could possibly perceive as disrespectful. I don't care the kid was only thirteen, he had no manners, and deserved to be shot! He used his voice and his attitude as weapons."*

*In a hypothetical scenario

Had this happened twenty years ago, this would be all over MSM, there would be debates about it, and people would've been outraged. Now people defend the Cops... It's the new normal.
Well, if it happened in Germany merely 70 years ago, I don't see why it can't happen in America today.
edit on 8-11-2013 by IamTheManWithThePlan because: missed a decade

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

in this specific situation the cops gave the suspect plenty of opportunities to pull over and get out of the car, which he continued to refuse to do, and then he proceeded to make moves like he was going to take off, or worse, run them over, so they opened fire.

Running from the police is now a death sentence?

What window on the truck did the officer fire though?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

roadgravel

No brainwashing here, I am not fully up on all of the terms but I think you have made a "strawman" (any help on my accuracy or inaccuracy would be appreciated).
This idiot was reckless and dangerous and the police did what they should have done.
I am by no means a cheerleader for cops, many are guilty of many a bad thing.
But in this instance, they were right.
Go check the vid on LiveLeak if you need any clarification.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IamTheManWithThePlan

This kid did more than just "break some rules", he placed many peoples lives in danger by his actions.
He also showed a willingness to do it again.
What if in one of the intersections that he blew through, someone got hit?
Would he still be your hero and martyr?
I am all about rights, and this kid seriously endangered many peoples right to life with his actions.
My rights end where yours begin.
(Edit)
In Germany 60 years ago would have been 1953, but what does this have to do with a kid going bonkers??
Is this what they call a strawman as well??
edit on 8-11-2013 by g146541 because: What is a strawman? Learning history helps!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I haven't seen video of the actual shooting. I don't think it has been released. Video does show cops ramming him several times.

A very sad condition in our country were are making.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

i was not stating that to mean that running from the cops was why they fired, i was pointing out that if the goal of the cop was to shoot the suspect they would have done so immediately. however they did not, they gave the suspect plenty of opportunity to turn himself in.

and they did not fire on him for running from them, they fired on him because he was using his vehicle as a deadly weapon and was refusing to exit it and was making moves that he was going to take off/try to run them over and they felt their lives were in danger.

if i were a cop and was faced with a situation where i felt my life was in danger and i had to choose between the *chance* that a suspect, who was acting aggressively and making me feel like my life was in danger, could be subdued by non-lethal means, or using lethal means and guaranteeing i get to go home to my wife and kids that night, i will choose lethal means every time.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I posted here recently regarding the extreme denial here on ATS regarding the dangers presented to all Americans by the increasingly pervasive, daunting influence of Zionism. This post is written with similar thoughts in mind and in that same spirit.

At the root of the problem of rampant police brutality that we are experiencing today is the training of local police forces being carried out under the direct influence of Zionist Israeli police state personnel and tactics as implemented in the state of Israel itself against any and all 'intruders.'

Actions like those under discussion in this thread on the part of local law enforcement agencies throughout the land must be understood as open demonstrations of hostility towards the general population in furtherance of a police state agenda in America.

What you are witnessing now can also be understood as a prelude to martial law. Incidents such as this (and there are many), i.e., the killing of an unarmed teenager, are all to be seen as an overt "show of force," the effects of which will be to 'terrorize' the community, and to let the public at large know that they are at the mercy of an active police state, and that martial law can, and will be implemented at any time. There is a conditioning factor to their methodology.

The American public is being steadily groomed, (mind controlled if you will), and the government surely wants you to know who's in charge here. As an incidental factor - the PTB are also letting future 'perpetrators' and malcontents in on what to expect should they decide to behave accordingly. In the end its all about inculcating the notion of fear into the hearts and minds of many throughout the land, which is actually what the so-called "War on Terror" was really intended to accomplish - its domestic!

Who's responsible for the 'grooming' of the local police forces throughout America with respect to this gradual, but rather forceful - in your face - implementation of "Police State" tactics across America? The Department of Homeland Security calls the power shots acting under the direct influence of Israeli police state tactics as implemented through Mossad and Shin Bet who are operating in America through the agency, and through direct authority of the powerful Israeli lobby, AIPAC in tandem with Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center, and Abe Foxman of the ADL. Its an Israeli methodology set in place in 2001 under the authority of Michael Chertoff, then director of Homeland Security, and Michael Mukasey, then Attorney General of the United States, and whose origins are to be found in the enactment of the USA Patriot Act of 2001.

edit on 8-11-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

nd the coroner report said he died from 2 gunshot wounds, out of 6 bullets fired. with 4 of 6 shots missing that doesn't sound like someone firing on someone with intent to kill, that sounds like someone firing because they are afraid for their life.

Geez. Please do not ever own or shoot a firearm. Shooting a some very often ends in a death.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

g146541
reply to post by IamTheManWithThePlan

This kid did more than just "break some rules", he placed many peoples lives in danger by his actions.
He also showed a willingness to do it again.
What if in one of the intersections that he blew through, someone got hit?
Would he still be your hero and martyr?
I am all about rights, and this kid seriously endangered many peoples right to life with his actions.
My rights end where yours begin.
(Edit)
In Germany 60 years ago would have been 1953, but what does this have to do with a kid going bonkers??
Is this what they call a strawman as well??
edit on 8-11-2013 by g146541 because: What is a strawman? Learning history helps!

I never said that the kid "only broke some rules". Nor that he was my hero and a martyr. (Where the hell did you get that from, anyway?!!!) True he was behaving like an idiot, and true by driving through those intersections like that he endangered people.

but:

"My rights end where yours begin." ? ? ?
Would that be a right to a trial?
From what I saw in that video, the cops' lives were never endangered.
I don't see any justification for this execution.

Oh and, true I missed a decade there, that should be : "70 years ago in Germany".
Point still stands though.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

yet again you are either missing, or choosing to ignore my point. i was pointing out that if his intent was to kill someone he wouldn't have fired or missed so many times. firing 6 times and missing 4 is coming from someone that is fearing for their life, not from someone that is trying to kill someone.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

AMES, IA. — The officer who shot and killed a 19-year-old driver this week after a chase onto Iowa State University’s campus was cleared Thursday of wrongdoing, completing the investigation, officials said.

Ames Police Officer Adam McPherson “acted reasonably under very difficult circumstances and McPherson’s use of deadly force was justified,” wrote Story County Attorney Stephen Holmes in a letter to Ames Police Chief Charles Cychosz.

Holmes’ findings mean the case will not go to a grand jury, which would have heard evidence in secret and then would have decided whether prosecutors had presented enough evidence to file a criminal charge.

Link

Cleared of wrong doing. No grand jury need be involved. Okie Dokie....

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

blackangel13

yet again you are either missing, or choosing to ignore my point. i was pointing out that if his intent was to kill someone he wouldn't have fired or missed so many times. firing 6 times and missing 4 is coming from someone that is fearing for their life, not from someone that is trying to kill someone.

Once again, when a firearm is fired at someone, death often follows. If someone is just afraid, run away. A firearm is not fired to simply scare someone.

Bet we will never see the shooting video because it will probably show a stopped truck and then someone moving up and firing into it.
edit on 11/8/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I hate to break the news to you all who are on the bandwagon of "police have no right...."

Yes the Police did have every right.

For those who know me around these boards, you already know I am no fan of Police. For those who do not know me, know you do. I am no fan of the Police and am very outspoken when I believe there is an abuse of power or authority or any type of misconduct. Sorry to say... in this case, there is no abuse of power. No misconduct. No over stepped authority.

Facts: If you report your car stolen, the person who stole your car can and will be shot if he runs from Police. It is what is known as a "felony stop", which all stolen car cases are treated as.

Fact: If you are attempting to outrun Police in a vehicle and at some point you attempt to "ram" or "hit" a Police Officers car with your own... that is considered assault with a deadly weapon against a Police Officer. They will shoot you and they will kill you.

These two simple facts have been the standard operating procedure for a very long time. At least 25 years now.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This story absolutely breaks my heart, because this could have been my son. He has anti social disorder, for which there are no medications for. He severely lacks self control.
He has a history with the police. I've had to call the police on him myself in the past. I cannot even say with any surety, that if he was in a vehicle, mad and scared, that he wouldn't try to outrun them.
Thankfully, we have some great sheriff's here, that unfortunately/fortunately, he has built some kind of "relationship" with, and is finally getting his life back on track.

But when he was 19? This could have been him.
How sad it is, that the boy is gone, the officer has to live with what he did, and so does the father.

Very tragic, all the way around.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Anyone blaming anyone other than the adult who initiated and instigated the situation- the 19 year old kid, is living in fantasy.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Watching the video in the end i can say that this situation should be solved easy without anyone death.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The first problem is getting police involved in family matters. If nothing illegal was done then the cops should not have been called. The next problem was the kid refusing to listen to orders. He was also near ISU campus where, the cops for all they know, he could have killed students with his reckless behavior. Once again an adult who needs to be responsible for his actions and he paid for it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join