It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiyan: Tropical Storm Slams Into The Philippines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
news.sky.com...

now this is on the other side of world from me but here in Britain after last weeks storms i just have feeling that this years winter we may be in for a bad one.

i,m not scare mongering but with weather extremes round the world then us just getting in to our winter i just have that feeling that worse has yet to come.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

"195-mile-per-hour winds; there aren't too many buildings constructed that can withstand that kind of wind. The wind damage should be the most extreme in Phillipines history," he said.

Local Philippines meterologists forecast lower readings, saying the storm's speed at landfall had sustained winds at 234km per hour (145mph) with gusts of 275km per hour (170.88 mph).

Those poor people ! If this thing holds together as forecast there is no telling how many will be maimed and killed.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

yeah its a scary thought considering the winds in England last week were only like 80 -100 mph and caused all sorts of damage.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I will cross my fingers, hope to end all hope that this storm does not take many (any) lives. Of all the places least prepared the Philippines is right up there. Poor building quality, lots of low lands.

My thoughts are with them, this looks bad.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Are there any live news reports streaming from the phillipines that can be linked to?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Godfather1965

no idea if its actually live but looks like it mite be.

www.earthcam.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the Earthcam Link!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Thanks

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Sending everyone in its potential path, vibrations of hope and safety & good luck.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
deffo looks like the calm before the storm.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Winter storms this year should be one for the record books since last year was relatively mild, this storm has the potential of becoming a disaster.

top topics

join