It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Banned TV Advertisement And The Way Society Has Changed For The Worse.......

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Welcome to the civilized world.
The only place in the galaxy where you can complain and whinge about every little thing that happens on a regular basis.
And if you win you get paid either a lot of money or you get what you want. Usually both.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This ad is banned? ...Because I've seen it before.

I can't believe it would get banned. Australia isn't America.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

FraternitasSaturni
why was it banned?

I believe it was banned because it reflects the man in the mirror!
This commercial shows us some of the very basic things that make us who we are!
It shows us why we have devolved socially!
It is a very sad reality but spot on and if we don't change
we are looking at the eventual destruction of our society!
When there is nothing left of us that is good.
No integrity, honesty, love, caring, compassion, then what is
there left worth living for? What is there left to fight for?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Yes it portrays children acting like adults and vice versa!
When a child sees his parent acting irresponsibly then
they get the idea that this behavior is acceptable!
I am not implying that every child will emulate every bad habit
he see's but being around such behavior does have an influence
on children even if this behavior is not emulated exactly but
may surface in other negative ways! It is known that
when we expose children to a negative environment there
are consequences to this exposure!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

alfa1

aboutface
I am surprised that in two pages of replies that no one hit on the act of banning an ad in Australia. I am angry with myself that I did not immediately do a search to find out the possible reasons behind the ban...

There is of course the previously mentioned thought that this ad is not banned at all.

THIS LINK is to NAPCAN, the organisation that made the ad.
Like the woman in the previous link I posted, you could send them an email to ask.
I'd do it myself, but nobody ever believes or pays attention to anything I say.

I know how you feel... sometimes I think I might be a ghost, like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense, just posting my ghostly posts on this forum. Sigh.

The ad was never banned.

Still, a good ad, certainly makes you think.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Mamatus
Respect for others died shortly after MTV went on the air. We now live in a "Culture of Disrespect". It will not change anytime soon, if ever.

People have become self absorbed turd buckets with most not worth the food stamps they are getting.
edit on 7-11-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

I know it's true, but I also refuse to be dragged down by it.

I routinely hold open doors for people, let people in in traffic or am just generally nice to others and try to be aware of my language in public. But I also refuse to give money to the thousands of people standing on corners asking for money in my area (literally almost every street corner outside of downtown).

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I think this should be shown all over the world!
I too notice that since I was young people have changed (for the worse) my dad said even in WW2 the guys didn't swear a lot as most thought it inappropriate.
When I was young you never heard people using the 'F' word in public but now I hear it all the time in restaurants, public streets, grocery stores, etc. people say it loudly and don't even look around to see if someone (like children is present) we have gotten so used to it, we don't give it a second thought!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

I agree that people should be more respectful and considerate of each other, but I don't think the f-word is a problem, really. The f-word had a good run, but now it's star is fading.

I mean, a word can't stay super offensive forever. Language evolves. The f-word has just lost some of it's power as a swear word. I bet a couple of centuries ago it was really offensive to use the word bastard, or breast maybe. Now, not so much.

The most offensive English word right now might be the n-word, or the c-word. These too shall pass, and be replaced by other words. Words that better reflect the taboos of the future.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Here's a much better banned advert that shows how society has changed for the better (not really but look out for the big black caulk):

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I came across this Australian advertisement today that was banned from being shown on TV…

There appears to be some confusion over whether this advertisement is indeed banned. A Google search seems to suggest that it isn't banned at all.
Personally I think it's pretty much irrelevant either way - it should be made compulsory viewing for all adults.

It's not trying to enforce compliance to behavioural models it's simply trying to re-iterate that children are like sponges and soak everything up, good and bad, and that we should be aware of that when they are around us.

As for your points about the the decline of the British pub; I could rattle on and on about it. Suffice to say that I genuinely believe that there is an agenda to actively destroy the pub culture thus limiting the opportunities people have to meet each other and discuss current affairs, events, policies etc.

It deserves a thread all of it's own.

As for the shift in attitudes and values; they are manifestations of a deeper malaise that is infecting our society and one that is increasingly reinforced through MSM, the education system and other outlets.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It should be mandatory viewing by everyone!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

RedShirt73

TiredofControlFreaks
reply to post by RedShirt73

The ad is NOT saying that children mimic adult behavior. The ad is ridiculing adult behavior and trying to send the message to adults that we should spend every minute of our lives as if we were the children

I have no idea where you got adults "should spend every minute of our lives as if we were the children" out of that commercial??? Do you mean see the world through their eyes? Reminds me of the old saying "Monkey see, Monkey do". If a child grows up in an abusive home, as was depicted in the commercial, how would that affect the childs personality later in life? What you find by some small chance is that the child will possibly grow up being the exact same way, abusive. Another was the road rage depiction. A child sees that and figures it's ok to act that way because his/her parents do it.

when me & my wife were watching I immediately said out loud, monkey see monkey do! that's the message i took from it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join