It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Banned TV Advertisement And The Way Society Has Changed For The Worse.......

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sometimes some Aussie commercials can really hit home. They can hit hard. They are powerful. I thank you for bringing this ad to my attention. It should not be banned, although it needs to be played at an appropriate hour. It got me thinking of my favourite ad campaign which always brings tears in my eyes.

Real people, raw emotion, connects the message.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Great ad.

I feel that it certainly shows that some people need to be aware of what they are teaching their children by their actions.

As an aside, I recognized some of the areas filmed here in Sydney. Near where I work, there is a good chunk of dodgy people that usually loiter around and some of them have young kids so it's like watching this ad in real life

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

davethebear
I came across this Australian advertisement today that was banned from being shown on TV…

Except for the fact that 30 seconds with google shows that it was NOT banned at all.

We have received a couple of these emails mentioning that our Children See, Children Do community service announcement has been banned. We are baffled by this and are not sure where it is coming from. - See more at: www.firsttimemomanddad.com...

link

People believe any old crap lies if its on youtube.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Hi Dave, Well isn't it funny, everything you wrote about pubs, the price of beer, people staying home , beer gardens, banning smoking etc: is exactly the same in Australia....who's copying who? I mean is there a world wide organisation of nob head, non smoking, non drinking twat's that meet every so often to make up this crap.

The Pubs here are dying a long slow death also, shame really, I used to enjoy my time at the pub.

About the Ad. Hmm can't see why it was banned, kids smoking, drunk kid vomiting, little basher going to give his mam what for, road rage toddler giving the finger, racists comments to shop keeper, nothing to see here move on, everyday occurrence.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

This reminds me of a commercial (advertisement) that used to air on Canadian TV when I was a child. It was from Concerned Children's Advertisers, a Canadian non-profit organization based in Toronto, founded in 1990.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Advertisers

I was not able to find a copy of the video online but here is the Wikipedia Synopsis:

Mimic (1990): A child pretends to drink coffee and smoke cigarettes (using various items for play), while black and white images of said things are shown throughout. This shows how children can easily mimic adults, even in doing inappropriate actions such as smoking. Edited May 25, 1990. AGENCY: Highwood Communications Ltd.

Anyone else remember this?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Romuloxreturns

Nevermind found it:

Here is the YouTube channel:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-11-2013 by Romuloxreturns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

davethebear
But if a woman entered the pub, then out of respect one guy would always chirp up out of the side of his mouth, “Alright lads, woman present, mind your language,” the other blokes would take this on board and tone down the cursing until the woman had left the room and then they would resume the effing and blinding again…

What you call respect, I call hypocrisy.

I, for one, am happy that this aspect of society as changed.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

beezzer

Probably one of the best, most effective commercials I have ever seen.

*wow*

Second that. Nothing much more to say but WOW.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

I have a great deal more to say!

Are all adults now required to live as if the world was Disneyland!!! Are we all responsible for being role models?
Must all adult pleasures be banned?

I understand that if you are a parent, the world revolves around that child. You worship them.

BUT I DO NOT!

The point the OP was making is that the crusaders are the ones who made laws so that adult behaviors (good bad or indifferent) MUST take place in public and in front of children.

I, for one, refuse to get with the program. I am an adult. I will indulge in adult behavior and I strongly recommend that you keep your little on at home so that you can model all the "right" behavior.

I want to see the commercial where children clearly see the judgemental behavior of the crusaders along with all of their demands to control the behaviors and lives of others.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Interesting ad.

The title seems to be another lame attempt to generate views by a Youtube uploader.

Most ads that are posted to Youtube with the claim of having been banned have never had anything of the sort applied to them

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

TiredofControlFreaks

I have a great deal more to say!

Are all adults now required to live as if the world was Disneyland!!! Are we all responsible for being role models?
Must all adult pleasures be banned?

I understand that if you are a parent, the world revolves around that child. You worship them.

BUT I DO NOT!

The point the OP was making is that the crusaders are the ones who made laws so that adult behaviors (good bad or indifferent) MUST take place in public and in front of children.

I, for one, refuse to get with the program. I am an adult. I will indulge in adult behavior and I strongly recommend that you keep your little on at home so that you can model all the "right" behavior.

I want to see the commercial where children clearly see the judgemental behavior of the crusaders along with all of their demands to control the behaviors and lives of others.

Tired of Control Freaks

First off, it is well known that children mimic adults therefore the behaviour that parents display at home or in public is there for them to see and copy. Not saying they will but there's a good chance.
Secondly, it is also well studied that children who come from abusive homes have a higher risk factor of being abusive themselves later in life either through work/personal relationships.

You can act whatever way you'd like to in public but I feel that if the safety/wellbeing of my child is at risk then all bets are off the table.

edit on 8-11-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Banned, that is just stupid. I remember my dad putting his cigarette out on the aisle of a grocery store floor. The public has gone soft and way too soft. People should see the way it really is.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Redshirt73

If you feel that the health and safety of your children is at risk...why would you, as their parent, caregiver and protector, not remove them from the place where they could get hurt?

Question: Where exactly do you think is a "safe" place for children? An adult bar disguised as a restaurant??????

Take some responsibility - Try it - it feels good to be an adult.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

The advertisement in question is completely ridiculous because it portrays children acting like adults and it implies that adults must not behave like adults (ie we must not drink, smoke or very humanly even get angry).

Then it compares adult behavior (smoking, drinking) with criminal behavior (wife assault and road rage).

I have seen children throw temper tantrums when angry. I don't think they got the idea by copying adult behavior.

All of this advertisement is called "denormalization". They are trying to pretend that it isn't normal for adults to smoke or drink. Since both of those activities have been a pleasure of adults for millenia, I would suggest that it is, in fact, normal.

What is not normal is to try to make adults into children who must be chastised and punished by their governments

Tired of Control freaks

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

TiredofControlFreaks

Redshirt73

If you feel that the health and safety of your children is at risk...why would you, as their parent, caregiver and protector, not remove them from the place where they could get hurt?

Question: Where exactly do you think is a "safe" place for children? An adult bar disguised as a restaurant??????

Take some responsibility - Try it - it feels good to be an adult.

Tired of Control Freaks

You obviously do not have children of your own and please do not put words in my mouth. My first responsibility is to my kids, to keep them safe/healthy, teach them right from wrong so that they will grow up and have some sense of morals/morality which you obviously do not. I do not take my children to "undesirable" places such as bars disguised as restaurants.
If an individual such as yourself were acting up in a restaurant, such as McDonalds, I would simply ask the management to see what they can do. That's the grownup way of doing things. Not flying off half-cocked at someone.
Have you ever asked your father for a taste of beer when you were growing up? Children mimic adults behaviour is what the commercial was saying. So I choose to be a good role model for my kids.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No Redshirt73

The ad is NOT saying that children mimic adult behavior. The ad is ridiculing adult behavior and trying to send the message to adults that we should spend every minute of our lives as if we were the children

I am offended when adult pleasures are lumped in with criminal behavior.

As for children, I have three adult children and four grandchildren

Tired of Control

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

TiredofControlFreaks

The ad is NOT saying that children mimic adult behavior. The ad is ridiculing adult behavior and trying to send the message to adults that we should spend every minute of our lives as if we were the children

I have no idea where you got adults "should spend every minute of our lives as if we were the children" out of that commercial??? Do you mean see the world through their eyes? Reminds me of the old saying "Monkey see, Monkey do". If a child grows up in an abusive home, as was depicted in the commercial, how would that affect the childs personality later in life? What you find by some small chance is that the child will possibly grow up being the exact same way, abusive. Another was the road rage depiction. A child sees that and figures it's ok to act that way because his/her parents do it.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I am surprised that in two pages of replies that no one hit on the act of banning an ad in Australia. I am angry with myself that I did not immediately do a search to find out the possible reasons behind the ban, rather than post an emotional reply, so 24 hours later or so, here is the reason.

The norm is Australia is free speech in advertising. It is also a self-regulating industry. However there is a Code of Ethics and a set of standards that exist in order for a company to be accredited.

The Advertising Standards Board and Bureau

It considers written complaints about advertisements in the mainstream media, using the AANA Advertiser Code of Ethics as the basis of its determinations. It considers advertisements which people find offensive on the basis of discrimination (race, nationality, sex, age, sexual preference, religion, disability, political belief), violence, language, portrayal of sex, sexuality or nudity, health and safety, and alarm or distress to children.

The Communications Council

So it would appear that they reacted to consumer complaints on a selection of reasons.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

aboutface
I am surprised that in two pages of replies that no one hit on the act of banning an ad in Australia. I am angry with myself that I did not immediately do a search to find out the possible reasons behind the ban...

There is of course the previously mentioned thought that this ad is not banned at all.

THIS LINK is to NAPCAN, the organisation that made the ad.
Like the woman in the previous link I posted, you could send them an email to ask.
I'd do it myself, but nobody ever believes or pays attention to anything I say.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I really don't see anything wrong with it. Mean people produce little mean people. Also, kids will copy the behavior of their parents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join