It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Someone earlier posted a picture of the White House website that explained in detail that you will get to keep your insurance. Yeah! Someone forgot to take that down.

Well I guess this one did it and good. Today, Obama publicly apologized. Although I wish he would have said much much more... Isn't it about time that he owns up to this one? Considering that he knew since 2010 that people would lose their coverage.

But wait a minute, I was giving him credit, but something is missing here... He never actually admitted to WHY Americans lost their insurance.

"I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," he told NBC News in an exclusive interview at the White House.

"We've got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this."

Obama’s comments come 10 days after NBC News’ Lisa Myers reported that the administration has known since the summer of 2010 that millions of Americans could lose their insurance under the law. Obama has made repeated assurances that “if you like your health plan, you will be able to keep your health plan” with Obamacare.

Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

edit on 7-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

He just had a meeting with the Dems that are up for re election. Sounds to me like he is preparing to soften the blow for them.

Fact remains though, they voted for the damn thing, so suffer the consequences!!!

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

"I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," he told NBC News in an exclusive interview at the White House.

"We've got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this."

Well I'm all broke up about Obama's phony "Apology".

How 'bout a $1000 rebate check for each taxpayer this month ?

Christmas is coming up.

And how 'bout some personal forfeiture for him and his Aunt Kathy too.

Dirty players always get caught.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Obama's dumb.

Why did Merikans vote for him again? ...yeah, for the change.

At least he kept his original promise.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That apology doesn't mean anything to people in need of care.

You rammed it so far down our throats.

Get the hell out of our doctors office and read that pesky 4th amendment.

Probably would not hurt to scan the rest of that dusty blood stained document.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Well, millions of Muricans can now take that apology and use that instead of thousands of dollars to pay for the mandated insurance that Emperor Obama decreed.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

This puts me in mind of Obama and every other President who has recited that miserable mantra: "I take full responsibility for [fill in the blank with your favorite outrage]." It doesn't wash with those of us with enough discernment to see that it's just blame-deflecting bulls#!+; but Americans in general are a forgiving and forgetful lot when it comes to politics....

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Somehow I don't hear serenity in his voice, I still got to get my healthcare straighten out now, now that don't qualify under Obama care. Makes no sense.
edit on 7-11-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by elouina

He just had a meeting with the Dems that are up for re election. Sounds to me like he is preparing to soften the blow for them.

Fact remains though, they voted for the damn thing, so suffer the consequences!!!

OMG, you are so very right! I remember hearing about this meeting. Maybe the Dems told him to to stop the bull or that he will forever tarnish the party?

You know this party business does anger me to no end. Our representatives should vote with their heart and brains instead of following one another like a bunch of sheep. The dems voted 100% to not protect the "keep your coverage" promise. You mean to tell me that every last one of them think the same? Yeah right, huh?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

We didn't.

Thanks to the Diebold Voting machines/Election fraud machines whoever the string pullers want is who will be elected no matter which one the taxpayers 'really' choose to vote for.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
yay!

all better now

and I thought it was gonna be bad..stupid me

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
They know they are in trouble any lawyer should be able to take care of the confusion. You will be able to keep your healthcare provider it was stated in advertisement so it is. Going to be fun to watch it all implode

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

That old saying "Too little Too Late" comes to mind,
and he gets an F- for insecerity.

Chalk up another lie from Barry Hussein.
edit on 7-11-2013 by burntheships because: make that an F -

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
(Punches pensioner in the face
) "Oh I'm sorry dear, I'm a bad person aren't I. There you go hope that feels better. "

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

ChuckNasty
reply to post by elouina

Obama's dumb.

Beacuse there other options were mccain and romney. Both of who would have had the usa dragged not just into syria but into Iran. And instead of obamacare to worry about you most likely would have got a draft instead to give manpower to these pointless wars.

Eitherway you would have got shafted, least with obama its just money you lost rather than your life in some pointless war.
edit on 7-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is interesting and it's good to see Obama willing to take responsibility on this one. The biggest problem in politics is too much time is spent trying to pin blame on the other side when something goes wrong and not enough time spent fixing the problems.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

You do realize that Romney was a Mormon, right? I would think the odds of Romney taking the US to war would be as great as Donny and Marie taking us to war.

“The church is and must be against war, for war is of Satan and this church is the church of Christ...” (Messages of the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Vol 6, pg 170.)

We latter-day saints are expected to have read D&C 98:33, which prohibits us from ever placing ourselves in a position where we may be “forced” to kill, and the Book of Mormon repeatedly demonstrates that even the good-guy Nephites could not escape the destruction to their souls once they determined to go after their enemies on the enemy's home soil.

Pure Mormonism

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Lol.. you think we wont be going to Iran because we got Obama?

Ron Paul was a viable option, but they changed the course of the election when they shafted him out of the first Primary (which he won). If he would have won that primary it would have shown the voters he can win and he would have been the candidate. Even losing it (and eventually winning after it lost the ability to give his campaign any steam) he still scared the GOP and they kept his people out of the convention and changed the rules so there wont be a close call like that again in the future.

Saying we lost money instead of our lives in a war is unrealistic. We are actually probably worse off with Obama than Romney, but worse off with both than we would be with Paul. Obama is screwing up the nation and we will still end up in Iran.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm curious about this and I do want to know.....who was the last president that was NOT a lawyer? And don't you all wish that Ron Paul was President now? I sure do.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

crazyewok

ChuckNasty
reply to post by elouina

Obama's dumb.

Beacuse there other options were mccain and romney. Both of who would have had the usa dragged not just into syria but into Iran. And instead of obamacare to worry about you most likely would have got a draft instead to give manpower to these pointless wars.

Eitherway you would have got shafted, least with obama its just money you lost rather than your life in some pointless war.
edit on 7-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

Oh, war will also happen eventually, don't worry. Don't you remember Obama and Kerry foaming at the mouth at wanting to strike Syria? Good thing we didn't let that happen, but it's just a matter of time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join