It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Many Beings Evil Because we Want them to be?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by akushla99

Don't admit that you friended me for God's sake.
You'll destroy all your social status.

KPB

*backtrack quickly* *reverse time and change the past*

It never happened!

Å99

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
This post is not about whether 'beings' exist or not.
For the sake of discussion, let's assume that demons, devils, angels, faeries, spirits and all the rest actually exist.

My question is, were the 'evil' ones 'evil' before they met their first human who was told a lie about them, or was just fearful of something new?

Can this be boiled down to "spirits are according to how they are seen?"

Evil is not a product of how one is is seen, it is a quality acquired through what one does. Or doesn't do, in some cases.

In the case you propose, spirits are afflicted with NPD: hollow inside, they depend on the input of others to inform their sense of identity. Or, they are an emanation of the human, and derive their properties from the eye that beholds.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

My question is, were the 'evil' ones 'evil' before they met their first human who was told a lie about them, or was just fearful of something new?

How could they be evil when evil is a human construct, a human concept that is relative and based on ones perception.

How was speech heard before it was spoken?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Human thought and energy is like booze to innocent spirits. Biological creatures throughout reality in their pain and ignorance corrupt spirits; then claim its the spirits who are 'evil' this is shamanism 101.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Tulpa 'creation', when practised on a global and generational scale (knowingly or unknowingly) is a facet of 'reality' that is little understood. It would be natural to assume evil...if you thought you weren't creating it and willing to take responsibility...

Thumbs up

Is fear only in our imagination in your perceived view?

It is for me, yet my imagination is a powerful tool that sometimes manipulates me into allowing the fear to be real or at least seem very real and take affect other times this view gives me strength over any fears that arise.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'll also share that most humans have this huge hole inside too. There is only one way to fill this of course and religion and mystical systems were corrupted ov er the past 3000 years to ensure 'success' in this healing would be impossible...but rather frustrating and causes humans to spew em energy (spiritual energy). Read my response in aliens and ufos for related info.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What can these "spirits" be, if they rely so heavily upon human perception for their very nature?

The healing comes through action, and through honest engagement with the Other. There's nothing esoteric about it. Connect, create, do.

edit on 13-11-2013 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

Tulpa 'creation', when practised on a global and generational scale (knowingly or unknowingly) is a facet of 'reality' that is little understood. It would be natural to assume evil...if you thought you weren't creating it and willing to take responsibility...

Thumbs up

It is for me, yet my imagination is a powerful tool that sometimes manipulates me into allowing the fear to be real or at least seem very real and take affect other times this view gives me strength over any fears that arise.

Cheers.
It's a little off the track, but, the physiological reactions to fear and excitement, are almost identical...and on a 'loftier' level create thier own worlds (indeed)...but I think you knoe this...it's just the mechanism...guns don't kill people, people kill people (it's an illustration, not a gun debate!)...

Å99

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I said that humans get them drunk.

All spirits are prone to substance abuse problems just like humans.

We are their coc aine they get high on living vicariously through us.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

OK, modified to "they are what they eat."

I still don't see how it applies to morality and the results of immoral action.

Evil is as evil does. It derives from action, not diet.

If what you're saying is that the nature of a spirit is dependent on what human emotional effluvia it consumes, then it follows that the spirit has its sole origin in the human realm.

They have no properties or volition beyond what they are endowed with through their parasitic relations with humans?

Does that strike you as correct?

edit on 13-11-2013 by Eidolon23 because: ?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

Thumbs up

You only fear what you don't knoe...the rest is 'mechanistic'...if unit wants to 'imagine' a fear into existence...it's allowable because of the mechanism...the 'existence' is fed by fear of the unknown...some cosmologies have invented a real-life character to place that fear in a neat box...the psychology is fairly apparent...

Å99

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Eidolon23

OK, modified to "they are what they eat."

I still don't see how it applies to morality and the results of immoral action.

Evil is as evil does. It derives from action, not diet.

If what you're saying is that the nature of a spirit is dependent on what human emotional effluvia it consumes, then it follows that the spirit has its origin in the human realm.

Does that strike you as correct?

edit on 13-11-2013 by Eidolon23 because: ?

It is 'correct'...

2nd

Å99

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Some spirits have an independent nonhuman origin.
Others are "skandas" created entirely by a human or other biological being.

Either type can hang around humans (fall in with a bad crowd) and get corrupted.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Corrupt and evil are matters of perspective. Something being corrupt assumes a proposed natural or proper state… of which I'm not sure how you could empirically reason. Can enemies be made of agents of change? Absolutely… Does that make things inherently evil or corrupt? Not so much, it at most may incite turmoil I think.
edit on 16-11-2013 by Strayed because: Spelling.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have thought about this as well.

Beings that are strictly "evil" and "good" seem silly and one dimensional. Their being products of human interpretation seems likelier, or as you postulate, playing the roles imposed on them ... perhaps to feed off our emotional energy?

Perhaps many of these immaterial thingies are more one dimensional in their thought process than humans are... maybe that lack of depth makes them jealous?

Dunno much except the immaterial beings seem to exist... dogmas make that easier to digest and expel... like doggie poo.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join