It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT: Backdoor Ban on Firearms by Starving the Market of Ammo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
EPA Closure of Last Lead Smelting Plant in US to Impact Ammo Production

We've seen the Obama Administration use government agencies to enforce his agenda; NSA spying, IRS intimidation, DOJ weapon trafficking and on and on and on. We've also seen Obama employ his goons at the EPA to implement [Unconstitutional] policy that negatively affects the citizens of the US.

EPS Shuts Down Coal Fired Power Plants
EPA Closes Coal Mines
EPA's Heavy Hand Seen in Gas Prices

So, clearly there is evidence that Obama uses extra-legislative activities to write de facto law, in violation of the Constitution.

First there was the push to pass "Sensible gun control". FAILED! Then there was the attempt to dry up the ammo by buying all of it. FAILED! This latest attack by the EPA to eliminate the last lead smelter in the United States, coupled with the UN Small Arms Treaty that prohibits the import of foreign ammunition, is sure to put HUGE pressure on the already over-taxed ammunition production in this country.

"...but the truth of the matter is that in shuttering this plant, the Obama administration has taken yet another unconstitutional step, one that will severely impinge on the nation's ammunition manufacturing capability. Why would the Doe Run Company, the owners of the Missouri lead smelting facility, agree to being run out of business by the EPA? One word: extortion.

In a document published on its website, the EPA explains that in order for Doe Run to continue its operations, the company would have to agree to pay “$65 million to correct violations of several environmental laws at 10 of its lead mining, milling and smelting facilities in southeast Missouri. The settlement also requires the company to pay a $7 million civil penalty.”

In a statement to the press, Doe Run said the fine and the required upgrades to its facilities were “too financially risky.”

This latest act of sedition by this administration is both treasonous and cowardly! We are well past the point where impeachment proceedings will save this country.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Excellent. Just how I would proceed.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Not sure I understand. The company broke a bunch of laws and has to pay a penalty. It has to meet certain standards to operate but they didn't see any return on upgrading their facility so they shut down. And this is some sort of gun control?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So Obama was President in 2005? Because that is when the EPA started going after this company EPA. A company that has polluted its local communinty so badly it had to buy up 160 homes in the area to clean up because they had polluted so badly. In 2008 the EPA enacted new laws for cleaner air. After years and years of polluting they agreed in 2010 to either close it down or use the new technology the company had developed to make it cleaner. The comany decided this site was not worth the money. And they have a bunch a lawsuits pending Lawsuits . Of course all this is very interesting but, we were trying to tie it to ammunition. Of which this commpany had little to do with (we get our ammo lead overseas) as it mostly produced lead for batteries.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
No doubt the current administration, the UN and a whole lot of people would just love that, but as long as off-shore companies are allowed to peddle their ammo products in the US, there won't likely be a shortage except for maybe the old US manufacturers you can trust. And even currently such ammo is cheaper than domestic. So as with other US industries, the competitive edge of cheaper off-shore manufacturing will hurt the typical US manufacturers.

But economics is quite a weapon used against us by other countries and even used against us by our own government when it has an agenda that conflicts with public needs and desires.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
One plant closes, there will be a vacuum, another company will produce.
But either way, I'll get my hands even if I have to buy it from Canada or Mexico on a black market.
Lead has been around for awhile now, and only recently has the nanny state found it to be dangerous??
I'm not gonna sweat this.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

You're right, we do get our lead from batteries in many cases. It's not from overseas as much as some may think though. The company here, for example, runs a commercial battery recycling facility in Boss, Missouri. One can see the facility from the Satellite easily enough.

Find Highway 32 and kk Highway, look south a couple miles and there it is. I've been to it once, delivering used batteries for destruction and recycling and it was quite a place. Not great to see everyone there had respirators while anywhere near the same area I had to watch them unload. A giant open building, like a trash collection facility, is what one of those building are to look at the site from above. Within it was a huge smoking or fuming pile of busted battery casings and the (mostly) dry lead parts from inside them.

I'm guessing that facility is where the facility in this story draws it's lead from.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

So Obama was President in 2005?

Did you forget about Obama already? He has a time machine he was given back when he was in the CIA.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

g146541
One plant closes, there will be a vacuum, another company will produce.
But either way, I'll get my hands even if I have to buy it from Canada or Mexico on a black market.
Lead has been around for awhile now, and only recently has the nanny state found it to be dangerous??
I'm not gonna sweat this.

Not recently. Many states started banning lead shot years ago.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

My ammo comes from overseas - I can't afford the homegrown stuff for weekly pinking.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
AK-47 or variant = Weapon of the revolution.
7.62x39mm = Tulammo from Russia non-corrosive berdan primed steel case= About $8 for 20 rnds and the market is full of it. Wonderful ammo and a good match up for any one packing an AR. Don't even talk accuracy as this fight will be predominately an urban close quarters battle. American Revolution of 2015 anyone? perhaps mid 2014? Yeah its coming, people are that pissed.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Ok, so first off you sound like ted Cruz. Gas prices are at ten year low so you can edit that part out of your post. The push to eliminate lead, which turns out is toxic, in everything has been going on for years. Ammo is like the last holdout and it has been on the get rid of list long before Obama. It has been slowed over the years by nra and gun enthusiasts, which I am one, who like to load their own ammo.

There is a shortage as happens every October as huge orders are placed with the quarter ending budgets. Every agency spends money, buys ammo, so they get the same money next year. This year we also had govt staging ammo with fema stage areas. Conspiracy nuts say it's to put us in camps, reality, they are finally learning lessons from past and trying to be ready for future disasters.

I am still buying ammo made outside US, that is all you can find. There is a shortage, no doubt there. Waited month for Walmart to get nine mil rounds and then there only steel jackets.

If you see it, buy it lol.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by usertwelve

Apparently you don't understand. The company was operating under existing law and regulation, perfectly. The EPA changed their standards to ensure that the company's operations were no longer within the EPA regulations, then turned around and fined them to death - literally!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

your idea of a 10 year low on gas prices is a lot different than mine www.gasbuddy.com

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Lead used to be in just about everything from the paint on children's toys to the gasoline we burn in our cars and yes, the ammo we shoot in our guns. Well, this is no longer the case and despite what you may think, Obama is not to blame.

This may come as a surprise to you, but most of us have known for years now that lead is toxic to humans, (especially children) and animals in a whole host of ways. That's why we now burn unleaded gasoline in our cars and ban the use of lead in things like parts and/or paints for children's toys etc..

Believe it or not, here in Texas we even banned the use of lead ammo when hunting waterfowl and that was at least 20yrs. ago. Hell, I doubt that Obama was even old enough to run for POTUS at the time.

The ASARCO plant where I lived in Corpus Christi, was shut down some 20 to 25 yrs. ago at least and for similar reasons. At the time, the EPA forced ASARCO to remove & replace the topsoil of every home and business surrounding the plant within a distance of about 2 miles because of contamination. Needless to say, those homeowners couldn't hardly give their homes away after that.

Personally, I think the recent ammo shortages are caused by the rapid growth of the militia/doomsdayer/anti-government movements where fearful people are buying thousands of rounds of ammo for each and every one of their many assault weapons. I know people like this and they're steady complaining about the shortage while they're standing at the register buying even more ammo to add to their already inexhaustible supply.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; Look Kozmo, I know how hard it must be for you and some others here on ATS like elouina and xuenchen to accept, but things happen that are not Obama's fault and sometimes, they're even good things.

top topics

join