It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Fukushima releasing 10 Hiroshimas every hour. Says Patrick Flanagan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Incorrect.

Hiroshima nuclear bomb explosion:

Instantaneous
Pressure wave
Concentrated to a central area

Fukushima:

10x radiation over 3,600x time = 1/360 fukushima per instant
No pressure wave to kill and mangle building structures

It's completely different. The radiation is minute, and pouring into the oceans and whirling through the atmosphere. It's being dispersed in relation to time. Not instantaneous.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
10 Hiroshimas every hour???? OMG!!!
It only took 1 hiroshimas to set Japan back quite abit!
They must be losing 10 cities an hour!!!
This must be like 911 times a thousand!
/sarcasm

Really now, I doubt what this guy is saying.
We already have an irradiated area on earth, and not many folks go to Chernobyl because it is the real deal.
I hear there are folks all over Fukushima...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Tremendous bulldada here...

People can play with numbers anyway they want, what is leaking into the ground will mostly stay in the ground, the water going into the ocean is being treated, any venting is not with significant force at such a time to where there is massive amounts, the ocean already contains massive amounts of uranium when compared to what anyone will absorb from fukushima period...

There IS reason to be concerned about seafood to a degree but the oceans apex predator is basically aside from Orcas the great white shark with a life span of 100 years and it happens to be immune from Cancer, so long as they continually upgrade the filtration of leakage and block more over time this situation will fade in regard to sea food the strontium the fish absorb is a bone seaker we do not eat bones... the cesium has a fairly short half life as life and luck would have it these materials will sink to the bottom in the a much shorter time span than their half lives, it is slowly being contained we will be okay.

There is nothing in the way of airborne 131 at this time

In reality what you need to look at is biological half time anyway, exposure for short periods wont kill you

I'd avoid the ocean when pregnant (already should from mercury)

Long before we leaked anything if you went into the ocean you absorbed Uranium which long term is worse, the residues from plastic, mercury and chemicals was already far more dangerous to the body than being in the Ocean even as the fukushima debris first reaches us was

Not saying that is good... just that you had worse to fear before this started

This dude is selling PI

Probably should take an iodine supplement, period. It's useful, so wont bag him... but this 10 Hiroshima a day stuff is utter nonsense to sell vitamins.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Don't know why you're hung up on the "explosion" factor and saying its not the same. An atomic blast is double forked, two-fold. The shock wave and the radiation. Just because there was no blast doesn't mean the radiation won't be high. Like I said, slow methodical death.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

I agree, anyone who eats seafood now is rolling the dice, which almost never ends well. I'm a vegan, so I can't say how much the data on radiated seafood would have changed my eating habits if I wasn't. I would hope it would have gotten me to stop eating it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

If I drink a glass of wine every other day or so, I'm not going to die of an accumulated toxic overload related to ethanol consumption.

If I drink 3 gallons of wine in 10 minutes...

It's entirely different. Don't know why you can't see this.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You're comparing radiation exposure to a glass of wine. Nice. How about three-gallons of wine concentrated in one glass then? Cheers, drink up.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I'm trying to say that a poison is related to dose. The no-threshold theory or radiation is in the process of being debunked scientifically. If you look into the theory of hormesis, and ongoing experiments related to it, you'll see there's more credibility to that theory than the no-threshold limit theory.

It's being dispersed. Only local and freak high-radiation anomalies are relevant. Besides that, we'll adapt same as always.

The title is misleading and fear-mongering for the weak-minded.
edit on 7-11-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

3000 bq/ kg of Uraniam 238. In 1/10th of a gram of dust from a Tokyo Air filter.
Now who's being obtuse?

edit on 7-11-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Do you have any understanding of what that value means in relation to it's standard?

It's very minute. Very, very minute.

Also, how many cubic feet of air did that filter run through to obtain this amount, and over what period of time? Without a full understanding of the data, it's all rather meaningless.

For your Viewing Pleasure

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

webedoomed
reply to post by FlySolo

Do you have any understanding of what that value means in relation to it's standard?

It's very minute. Very, very minute.

Also, how many cubic feet of air did that filter run through to obtain this amount, and over what period of time? Without a full understanding of the data, it's all rather meaningless.

For your Viewing Pleasure

Yes I do. Should be 20 bq/ kg not 3000.

Hmm your writing style reminds me of someone else....

edit on 7-11-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Rubbish. Show me the science that states 1/10th of a gram of dust accumulated from an indiscriminate CFM over any given period of time should equate to 20 bq/kg

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by penninja

I agree, anyone who eats seafood now is rolling the dice, which almost never ends well. I'm a vegan, so I can't say how much the data on radiated seafood would have changed my eating habits if I wasn't. I would hope it would have gotten me to stop eating it.

You know there is a window here, right now, literally is probably the worst you will see barring further incident...

The initial and also the first couple of years release was where the worst and furthest spread happened, year by year they will find ways to contain and filter more and more of the water being dumped, right NOW is when the debris from post accident is reaching across the pacific so the readings in fish this winter will be the worst you will see then it will begin to improve, i'd say there is a 2 year window here where you can end up eating that piece of Tuna that was in the wrong place and time during the incident or following it and really getting a dose of cesium that matters...

I don't think the timing of the Olympics in Tokyo is bad actually, that's about when even local fish should be pretty much okay.... should it take a couple of years, does tepco lie? of course we can complain about these issues, but little by little the measures do get put in place...

This winter, avoid pacific sea food, after that it begins to improve from where it is now...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It's not true. The radiation levels at Fukashima are not as deadly as people believe. They have workers in there every day working hard to secure the site, and they're not dropping dead.

Heck, they even had the worlds international journalists inside the reactor 4 building today looking at the pools where they are about to start reclaiming the fuel rods.

And you can bet those journalists would not have been in there if the radiation levels were unsafe.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Let us assume the information is correct for a minute. If true, then almost all of the people of japan should be dead by now. They are still there, SO.. Then the information is false. It has now been DEBUNKED.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Yes I do. Should be 20 bq/ kg not 3000.

Well I'll let you do your own research so you don't just have to take my word for it, but I find that cement is about 45 bq/kg, granite about 60, and drywall may be as much as 160 bq/kg. Maybe there is some construction work going on around there?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Snake-Oil Busby!
This Guy is debunked in so many Ways that i would be not surprised
when the English Academic Society demand his Titles back

You can't compare an Air-Filter, which are very powerful here,
with the Lung of a Human!

He forgot to tell us how much Air this Machine is filtering
in a Hour- he need to bring it into a Relation with a average
Human.

My Air-Filter is washing ca 16 Times as much Air in a Hour
as i use in a whole Day!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Disprove him for us please.....

Is he right about that much radiation? Even if he is guessing.

edit on 8-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

It is similar to a Wipe Test,
when i clean up 100 Square Meter with a Towel the Towel is very dirty.
A average Air-filter is cleaning up 60 Cubic Meter in a Hour but a Human need
only 20 Cubic in a whole Day.

He done this Test in 2011 so no one is surprised about this Results,
at least not the People who know!

Fact is that:

Post-Fukushima 'anti-radiation' pills condemned by scientists

The Green party's former science and technology spokesman is promoting anti-radiation pills to people in Japan affected by the Fukushima nuclear disaster, that leading scientists have condemned as "useless".

Dr Christopher Busby, a visiting professor at the University of Ulster, is championing a series of expensive products and services which, he claims, will protect people in Japan from the effects of radiation. Among them are mineral supplements on sale for ¥5,800 (£48) a bottle, urine tests for radioactive contaminants for ¥98,000 (£808) and food tests for ¥108,000 (£891).

The tests are provided by Busby Laboratories and promoted through a body called the Christopher Busby Foundation for the Children of Fukushima (CBFCF). Both the pills and the tests are sold through a website in California called 4u-detox.com, run by a man called James Ryan.

Guardian Source

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
!. the guy is trying to sell his products by using scare tactics.

2. if what he was saying was true then all of japan would either be dead or cancer ridden.

3. what's with the phage bashing? sheesh. if someone wants to hear phages opinion i don't see why that needs to be ridiculed.

4. fukushima is truly a massive disaster even without this guys new math rules.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join