It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 year old young lady shot in back of head after seeking help after a car crash

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by Pejeu

It's on page one. According to the chief detective.

“This girl was not shot in the back of the head while leaving the porch,” Serwatowski said “I don’t know where the family is getting this. She was shot in the front of the face, near the mouth.”

source

IT's not at all like it was initially reported. There is something strange going on.
edit on Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:23:55 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

I agree here, entirely. The story contradicts and changes this much, this fast, and it shows a real problem here somewhere. I don't see any indication of where the problem might be for sure, either. Not without more facts.

This is definitely one I'm not making any assumptions on when it seems the media already made a truck load of assumptions for everyone.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
dear oh dear, what a paranoid hair-trigger nightmare the usa has become. good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The media it seems to me, makes stuff up, and says it's from an anon source. Or their sources are often idiots who shouldn't be used as sources in the first place.
edit on Thu, 07 Nov 2013 16:06:23 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Words fail me....

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

would you please clarify?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

RoScoLaz
dear oh dear, what a paranoid hair-trigger nightmare the usa has become. good luck with that.

You say that......obviously you don't have first hand experience.

I grew up in Detroit. Even back then 70's and 80's you had to keep your head on a swivel. Friend on mine got shot from a car once, hit him in chest. Luckily it was right side so he didn't die. Got robbed when I worked a Kentucky Fried Chicken at 7 and Van Dyke, lucky that all they wanted was cash, otherwise we might have all died there, I saw the guns pointed and they were not stable robbers by any stretch of the imagination. Local crack house, of which there were literally about 6 within a 3 block radius of my house, used to shoot windows out of my friends cars, they were next door neighbors of each other. Even back then almost every house on our block that I knew personally ( probably 80%) was robbed at least once. Now those kinds of things are "the good ole days" in Detroit.

If you have a nice car in Detroit and just go to a gas station to fill up, you risk getting carjacked by the gang of idiots who hang out at those same gas stations. Doesn't matter your skin color, they will shoot you and take your car. Doesn't happen all the time, but I NEVER get gas in Detroit, just not worth the hassle or risk. It just the reality of the situation in some parts of Detroit.

I pity tourists who come to Detroit...... easy prey.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

It's easy to say nice and popular, utopian BS when one lives a life a world away from it. You see, they can always put their money where their mouth is and move to these places, but alas, they NEVER will. It's too bad really, I'd like for them to once experience the cultural enrichment they claim to love so much.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If she was in a car accident and disoriented from it and looking for help, is she in the wrong for going up to a house and knocking on the door looking for help?

Communication could have prevented this, instead of the shooter being stealthy and thinking, I must open the door and shoot this person in the face, he could have yelled from a window or something "what do you want"? Perhaps the girl was affected in the accident beyond speech, im not sure of that, if they attempted communication this would have been prevented. " Please call 911 ive been in an accident!"... but as weve already seen from members replies, you cant trust anyone and how could the homeowner know she wasnt trying to trick him...well by telling him to call 911, and not needing the door open or anything...unless she was looking for immediate medical attention that could be at least minorly sated in a home.

We must admit it is not common to live in a potentially crime ridden area...though from discussion on this thread it seems this guy lives in a nicer, whiter area.... and have a human clammering at your door at 2 in the morning. If you are alone or live with your family in a dark house at 2 in the morning when you hear noises you dont think its rainbows and butterflies... so this guy having a shotgun already has the mentality of protecting his self at all costs, and knowing that if a situation like this were to arise, he ought be prepared... he hears the noises at the door, and thinks, thats a person trying to get in my house at 2 in the morning, I better grab my gun... and so it is a simple/complex misunderstanding, that could have been resolved with shouting on both parts, but unfortunately ended in tragedy which will most likely spiral into multiple frenzies.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I could come up with a million different theories of what happened, that would fit with the info we got so far. It's usually wisest to wait until there is a lot of info to form one, as there are few that would fit when there is not a lot of gaps to fill with whatever bias we all personally have.

The media chose to go with the story of innocent lady, shot in the back of the head for being black. I am sure they got lots of click revenues for pulling that sensational nonesense.
edit on Thu, 07 Nov 2013 16:35:47 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Making a LOT of assumptions there. It's tragic that someone died. None of us know enough details to figure out what happened. There seems to be a lot of detail missing in the initial reporting we have.

To all here..... I am not saying the shooter isn't at fault here. I just want to point out that things aren't all unicorns and rainbows where you are living in Detroit or even live near Detroit anymore.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

your post perfectly illustrated my comment.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Ok conflicting reports now. The case got really weird. Crashed and left the scene hours ago?

I know, something is real real fishing about this whole case. For one, why was she in that neighborhood that she didn't live in (was she visiting someone, why won't the family say what she was doing that night). Two, after the accident 2 hours elapsed before the shooting at the porch. What was she doing that two hours and how do they know 2 hours elapsed? Was the accident at a camera on a corner and it was time stamped, did someone see and hear the accident and reported it (but if that was the case why didn't she go for help with the bystander). I think the shooter knew this woman, this is sticking hard with me.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Interesting. What jumps out at you making you think they knew each other? It would also help if we knew where the accident was. If it was two hours walk away, that might fit, especially if he was the closest person she knew. Would be pretty horrific to accidentally shoot a friend coming for help.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

RoScoLaz
reply to post by pavil

your post perfectly illustrated my comment.

If you say so......

Are you paranoid when there ARE lots of Robberies and Carjackings at some Gas Stations in Detroit where groups of men just "hang out" looking for targets? There is a difference between paranoid and being "street smart".

For example, I make a point of making sure I have a full tank when going into Detroit. I know from my experience that if I have to go to a gas station in Detroit that has a group of men/boys hanging out, there is no way I am even stopping at that station. Bad things will probably occur. I know you think I am making stuff up, but I'm not.

A tourist or out of towner probably wouldn't even think twice about stopping for gas, I mean for most people getting gas is just a chore, not something to be wary of. In certain parts of Detroit, under certain circumstances (ie a group of men just hanging around or in the gas station), will most probably end up in you getting in trouble. That's not paranoid, it's knowing what happens.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Andrew Mach NBC
usnews.nbcnews.com...
Daniel Fisher-Forbes
www.forbes.com...
Benny Napoleon - Huffington Post
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Steve Neavling- Reuters
www.reuters.com...

edit on 8-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Im thinking of skipping on the tulips down to Detroit for a holiday,,,,happy happy holiday..

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Latest update article

lawyer hired by the 54-year-old homeowner accused in the shooting.

"I'm confident when the evidence comes it will show that my client was justified and acted as a reasonable person would who was in fear for his life," Bloomfield Hills attorney Cheryl Carpenter said Thursday. She is representing the man with her father, attorney Mack Carpenter.

Cheryl Carpenter refused to elaborate on the incident that led to the death of Renisha McBride.

"What is believed to have happened aren't the facts and are not what happened that night," Carpenter added.

Still need to wait for more details......

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
So a MAN shoots a lone unarmed WOMAN in the back of the head?

I find it hard to believe that it was a case of defending himself. We can only speculate, but to me, this seems like a cold blooded murder.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

The family say it was the back of the head.
The police say it was the face, by the mouth.

Not justifying anything, just informing that no clear information is really being given yet.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

NuclearPaul
So a MAN shoots a lone unarmed WOMAN in the back of the head?

That's old and wrong.

McBride was shot in the face, according to information released Thursday from a preliminary autopsy report from the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join