It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 year old young lady shot in back of head after seeking help after a car crash

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
what is happening to our society? why have we become so fearful and quick on the trigger? another sad tragedy. i hope this guy gets prosecuted to the fullest!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.buzzfeed.com...
edit on Thu Nov 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just a good ole' boy protecting his precious castle from a dangerous black woman.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Don't know where the car crash or the other info came from but according to this interview with her family nobody knows what happened .
www.myfoxdetroit.com...

Police found the teen's body near Warren and Outer Drive. They say she had a gunshot wound to the head from a shotgun. Family members say Renisha was soft spoken, hardworking and stayed to herself. Bernita thinks she was killed in Detroit and dumped in Dearborn Heights because of its close proximity to the city.

edit on 7-11-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
where is the report coming from that this is indeed what she was doing? if she is dead how did she tell anyone what she was doing? also, this is detroit, who the hell goes looking for HELP in the middle of the night at some randoms house? use your mobile and ring someone.
edit on 7-11-2013 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

she was knocking on the door help. no one answered, she turned to leave and was shot in the back of the head! shooting some from behind is okay with you? okay then!

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

muse7
Just a good ole' boy protecting his precious castle from a dangerous black woman.

Your bigotry is showing again, muse.

The Dearborn Heights Police Department released a statement on the shooting that said they had identified the person who fired the shot and killed McBride. The statement added that a final report will be forwarded to the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office for review in the near future. The race of the shooter has not yet been released.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Is it customary to answer your door with a loaded Gun and safety off in a Police State??

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I will wait for actual evidence is collected, examined, and reviewed by a jury (if applicable).

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, we have no real facts now, do we. Let's not be hasty right? Also you need to edit the title, nowhere does it say she was shot in the back of her head.

Though police have so far released few details about the suspect or the circumstances of McBride's death, commenters have reacted with remorse and outrage, drawing parallels to other cases where African-American victims were allegedly killed without cause.

So far there is only 95% opinion, and 5% facts

Oops my mistake, it does seem to be the back of the head.

The wound was to the back of the head, leading investigators to believe she was leaving the porch when the shot was fired.

Makes it look pretty bad
edit on Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:08:52 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

She didn't deserve to be shot, but what was she doing out at 2:30am and wrecking cars? last call at the bar/club and then a drive home? is there any information as to her state of mind when she came up to the door?

Again, I'd like to know more about the background of how she got there...her state of mind and what actually happened before just saying that good ol boy wanted her off his porch.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

it was in the back of the head, confirmed by the police

The person who answered the door shot McBride in the head, The Detroit News reported. Police confirmed that she died moments later on the suspect’s front porch. The wound was to the back of the head, leading investigators to believe she was leaving the porch when the shot was fired.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Some different info coming from Detroit Free Press

“This man’s claiming – believed the girl was breaking into the home. And he’s also saying the gun discharged accidentally,” Lt. James Serwatowski, chief detective, said today.

“I’ll confirm that she was in an accident in Detroit and that she left the accident scene, and then some hours transpired” before the shooting, Serwatowski said. He declined to say what police believe she was doing before and after the accident.

Serwatowski also said 19-year-old Renisha McBride was not shot in the back of the head, as her family has stated. The family said she had gone to the house seeking help after being involved in a car accident several blocks away.

“This girl was not shot in the back of the head while leaving the porch,” Serwatowski said “I don’t know where the family is getting this. She was shot in the front of the face, near the mouth.”

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is a horrible tragedy! I have a 19 year old daughter who is away at school. I would like to hope that if she needed help, it wouldn't matter if she were black, white, yellow or green. The person who shot this poor girl just because she was at his front door should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. And I hope he is haunted by her memory and of what he did for the rest of his miserable life. Karma, baby.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Yeah was my mistake.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Ok conflicting reports now. The case got really weird. Crashed and left the scene hours ago?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

shooting some from behind is okay with you? okay then!

Did I say that ?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Apparently not.

“This girl was not shot in the back of the head while leaving the porch,” Serwatowski said “I don’t know where the family is getting this. She was shot in the front of the face, near the mouth.”

McBride was killed early last Saturday as she stood on the porch of a house in the 16000 block of Outer Drive, near Warren, in Dearborn Heights, police said.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
People seem to equate the actions of a few as that of every person living in the US.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thats the part that had me scratching my head. If she was in an accident and needed help, why wait for hours before seeking any?

I will reserve my feelings on the case until more facts are brought to light, unfortunately 95% of anybody who has heard about this case so far has already made up their mind

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

The family is claiming back of the head and it was the front? Several hours between accident and the shooting? She doesn't have a cell phone? who goes to someones house and asks for help anymore?

These are the types of things that stick out that something is really wrong with her side of the story.

Again, she didn't deserve to get shot more then likely...but when little lies start being told about insignificant things it's a strong indicator that a story isn't all it appears.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join