It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Hole" in the Pyramid and other anomalies... Curiosity Sol 412.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

I was thinking about that, too. Perhaps they really are ChemCam shots ...

But then again, they seem to be a bit large when considering the surrounding sand/gravel and the distance from which the image had probably been acquired - but I'm not sure about the scale.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

I have seen the holes on many rocks. I always assumed they were lazer holes. Perhaps im wrong.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by jeep3r

I have seen the holes on many rocks. I always assumed they were lazer holes. Perhaps im wrong.

Personally, I sustain the "biological print".

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by jeep3r

When looking at some of the ChemCam marks on other images, I tend to think that the holes in the rock from Sol 416 are not the result of Curiosity's laser. On the image below (Sol 429), you can see the typical marks left behind by the ChemCam instrument, the holes are rather small when compared to the sand/gravel around it:

Source Image Sol 429

For comparison, here again the seemingly larger holes in the rock(s) from Sol 416:

Source Image Sol 416

Not sure as to what this could be, perhaps they're just small debris impacts from micro-meteorites or inclusions of gases related to volcanic activity? Whatever the case, I think they look quite interesting in that formation and was wondering whether anybody had an idea about how they might have formed ...

edit on 11-11-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

There is only one thing that is missing in most of these Mars photos that I see. What are the dimensions? Scale? If they are taken from one ore ten miles? If I don't have these facts it is difficult for me to make an opinion. If I could get some of this information it would be a whole lot easier. (No offense intended, if it is out there please let me know where to find it)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join