It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the moon was the same distance from earth as the ISS.. fascinating video clip

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Stunning video clip of the type of moon rises you would get if it was this close (it actually was this close billions of years ago)

Let me know what you think.

P.S i know, the tidal waves would kill us all

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mlifeoutthere

I imagine it would not be that fascinating for long considering the effects it would generate on our Earth. I'm thinking massive earthquakes and 100ft high tsunamis would be the rule of the day!
LoL

Nice vid through!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Would probably be able to see the US flag if it was there ..or not

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thanks for Sharing!

edit on 7-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: subtraction

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Would be neat to look at ust before we all died!

And the moon would also break up due to being too close to earth -- well within the Roche Limit.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It sure would make it easier to search for those "alien structures" wouldn't it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Oh, you mean a completely transparent Moon.
That's different.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
Would probably be able to see the US flag if it was there ..or not

Of course it would be there if it was that close they would of invaded it by now

Sorrrry that was a low blow but couldn't help myself. Nice video though that would be brilliant to see. Imagine a full moon and no clouds night would turn into day ha.
edit on 7-11-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That would be so awesome!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Imagine the night of a full moon.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Cool video, but if the moon were that close none of would be here to see it because we would all be underwater

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Really really cool. This had me thinking about human perception. Hypothetically speaking if this were possible (and the tidal forces WOULDN'T kill us), and human beings evolved under such conditions, would we go about our business in our day to day lives and not even notice it, or notice it casually like we do now?

It's strange to think that it could be a daily occurrence in some alternate universe with people rushing from starbucks to their office jobs and the moon cruising over their heads that close and not even bothering to look up because they've seen it all their lives. It would just be normal to them. Another day at the office, so to speak.

Ok I'm done rambling

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

roadgravel

Want to rethink that?

And if the moon were that close, I wonder if humans would mount another manned mission to it. You know a woman hasn't walked on the moon yet, have to get one up there sometime. As I said in a post yesterday, that would be one small step for a woman, one giant leap for womankind.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
Really really cool. This had me thinking about human perception. Hypothetically speaking if this were possible (and the tidal forces WOULDN'T kill us), and human beings evolved under such conditions, would we go about our business in our day to day lives and not even notice it, or notice it casually like we do now?

It's strange to think that it could be a daily occurrence in some alternate universe with people rushing from starbucks to their office jobs and the moon cruising over their heads that close and not even bothering to look up because they've seen it all their lives. It would just be normal to them. Another day at the office, so to speak.

Ok I'm done rambling

Reminds me of one of the saddest things I've seen. Many years ago there was going to be a full solar eclipse on the west coast of the U.S. I think people in Seattle would get the full eclipse. One of the television networks cut into its programming to show the minutes of full eclipse in Seattle and - in the background you could see cars driving on the highway, with their headlights on! They didn't even plan to pull over, get out of their cars, and watch it. They didn't plan to be somewhere with a favorite person and watch it. They put their headlights on, and kept driving. Had to see it to believe it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Want to rethink that?

A comment?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Glad you all like it,
isnt it fascinating that billions of years ago it actually WAS this close

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

mlifeoutthere
P.S i know, the tidal waves would kill us all

The surface of the earth and the moon would resemble a scorched hell because of the intense heat crust friction would produce due to the immense tidal forces.

Not to mention we'd be living a never ending earth quake and volcanic eruption. Pretty much how it was back in the day.
edit on 2013/11/8 by Pejeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

roadgravel
If the moon was that close, you would never be able to watch a full moon as it would be in the shadow of earth every time

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I think the moon's gravity would strip earths atmosphere, then the seas would boil away, all long before the first air breather arrived on land.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

roadgravel
reply to post by Aleister

Want to rethink that?

A comment?

Just that there would never be a full moon, because for that to happen the sun would have to be sitting on Earth. A full moon only happens when the moon is situated - in relationship to the eye - so that it is night where you are but the moon that you see is fully illuminated by the sun. That couldn't happen if the moon were as close to earth as the video implies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join