It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Diving Comets Or Something Else ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sun Diving Comets Or Something Else ?
Resent solar activity has drawn my attention to watching the Sun online as time allows.
SOHO Real Time

And iNtegrated Space Weather

Are a couple of sites I get images and movies from.
I was checking up on 11/01 and spotted this at 6:12

And it looked like a Sun Diving Comet?

OK, I thought I spotted a Sun Diver that wasn't mentioned anywhere. Cool, I could name it if I choose. But then today, looking at the movie for 11/04 at 7:00 another from the same spot and almost the same time ?

What was I seeing? Then another same origin location, much fainter but there it was? 11/05 at 4:24

If you are interested you can see movies, (much easier to catch movement) at

Or On SOHO Real Time MPEG Movies

LASCO C2 Combo for 11/04 & 11/05 earlier 11/01 take some searching as I haven't found a way to copy and they update erasing older movies.

So, any opinions?
Sun Divers OR ???
P.S. this just made me giggle

Good job hiding something right?

edit on 7-11-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Good catch. I don't have a clue what it may be, but hopefully others better versed in this arena will pop in and share their thoughts.

On a side note - that looks like quite an "event" on the 11/5 images. Is that a CME?

Pretty impressive whatever it was...

S&F...and I'll be checking this thread to see what the "experts" say...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Looks like a coffee cup in the last picture.
When I start seeing a coffee cup in a picture of the sun it means I should go make coffee I suppose..

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I seen a big light come in from the right heading toward the sun on soho, check 11/4-11/6
I saved the image files but not sure how to post a pic on this forum. Check it out though!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Here is a couple of pictures i got from the same source as OP (check out the top the sun of the second photo-it appears to be a metallic object)
edit on 7-11-2013 by chelsealad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The resulting reaction of the impact?

Looking at other sources the time looks about right.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

you might find this interesting
Tracks of SOHO-observed comet groups in LASCO C3 and C2

The November path for Kreutz group comets seems to match what you saw

A comet "group" can be considered as a continuous stream of objects all following the same path through space. This path does not change, but its location relative to Earth (and hence SOHO) does change, and so at different times of year the path of a given comet group will appear to be in a different location in space when viewed by SOHO. But every 12-months the path will appear to be where it was 12-months ago, as Earth/SOHO completes an orbit around the Sun. So from month-to-month, we know the direction from which the comets will be approaching (we just don't know when they'll be there!).

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chelsealad

Here is a couple of pictures i got from the same source as OP (check out the top the sun of the second photo-it appears to be a metallic object)

I clearly don't know what I'm looking at or I must be blind as I see a bunch of interesting things in the first or top photo (blue tint) but nothing in the 2nd or bottom pic (red tint).

In the top photo there are a number of interesting objects including something that appears to be a Saturn-like planet with rings above the sun as well as some interesting streaks to the left.

In the 2nd pic I don't see anything. What am I missing?

Thanks.

top topics

join