It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Shariah, an Intended Compass for Peace, Became a Tool of Oppression

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Help me, then. Explain to me how your thought-process took:

"the ordinary Muslims are inclined to believe in twisted interpretation of clergy because such interpretations give legitimacy to centuries-old local customs"

From the article, and interpreted it to mean:

wildtimes
"Power-mongering. Terrorism. Strap that vest on and GO! SCARE the survivors into submission.

?

What issue are you talking about that we'll never see eye to eye? The issue you said this thread was about when I asked you explicitly was "That I don't see adequate reform efforts taking place."

Is that the issue? How does that apply or relate to these statements? In what sense are you saying that I am disagreeing with you?
edit on 21-11-2013 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Is that the issue? How does that apply or relate to these statements? In what sense are you saying that I am disagreeing with you?

I am saying that you are conveniently overlooking the point of the thread.

You have already stated that there is 'no central leadership'.

You have said that you don't understand how radical, self-serving "Imams" who are after street/political power have anything to do with 'put on that vest!'

If you don't see that in the article, babs, that is where we disagree. The article, to my pov, made it clear that those 'leaders' teaching a corrupted version of the faith are peddling an Islam more based on archaic "tribal warfare codes" than the 'peaceful' religion that others believe it to be.

Those tribal customs of warfare and slaughter should LONG SINCE have been abandoned in favor of diplomacy. But, if you can't see the connection, babloyi, then...you can't.

It's okay. I know your heart is in the right place. "Culture clash" - that's all. The hardest human interaction of all (in terms of societies merging or meeting).

Take care.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by babloyi

Okay then. I guess we'll never see eye to eye on this issue.
Thanks for your help.

so when someone reasonably starts demanding explanations for you floating views, you just respond with honey coated diplomacy and back off rather than trying to see why you are wrong.
Maybe you would get better mirroring of your views from other posters and you all can sit and discuss how muslims should behave, how muslims should water down their religion to make it acceptable to all the enlighten group

I think I really enjoy watching leaking off of self superior attitude from under the thick layer of honey

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
To me, the debate is not about how Muslims should believe or how they should act. Rather, the debate is how humans should be treating other humans.

Take away the "convert or conquer" mentality, take away the superiority complexes, take away the intolerance, hate, and violence, take away the "us against and separate from them" mentality.... and then we can better use acceptance, understanding, compassion, and love in order to better build diplomacy.

Allah warns to not believe in only parts of the Qur'an while rejecting other parts. Slavery, sexism, violence, and totalitarianism are within the Qur'an, side-by-side with edicts of understanding, peace, morality, and compassion. I must reject the negativity of the Qur'an in order to increase the Love within myself. It is not about belief in God,... it is about human-to-human relations. We are one family, and the titles of religion are just as superficial as race, ethnicity, lineage, and nationality.

May Peace be upon us all.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Sorry wrong thread!
edit on 2013/12/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Before start arguing about shariah, the implementations etc, people should better what shariah is.
Some clue from me. There will never be one syariah among muslim. It will always be many kind of shariah, depends on understanding, imams, teacher, mazhab, sektarian, even culture surrounding it.

No need to say forcing shariah to non muslim, saying there will be a shariah is already stated that one group of muslim will eradicate the rest of muslim believe, to interpret and doing their believe.

Another clue. Quran, like other holly book, is not a set of law written like a law that we know in most country. It is a set of understanding of norm in life, using literature that need to be interpret. It is like reading a story with poem style, read it first until finish, try to understand the whole story and what value in it, rather cut it into pieces and present it like a lawyer in a court.

Another sample is when people believe that a resource is valid because it is shahih hadith. Hadith that classified as shahih doesnt meant it is authentic or can be put in every context. It was come from some group that believe it is original. So it is still possible that it is not. Even if it is, still we have to put it in the right context, along with other hadiths before and after that come in the same situation.

Last thing, religion mostly is about spiritual, and the same with islam. It is the people who want to explain everything according to logic, logic as a limitation of the way we think. That is why the meaning become more and more far from it should. Plus generalization will make people hate each other, thinking how bad they are without thinking how bad ourself.
We should start thinking like, if it is like this, why it has not become like that. If we willing to understand ourself and each other.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join