It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Shariah, an Intended Compass for Peace, Became a Tool of Oppression

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
islamforwest.org...

What is Shariah?

Shariah is the set of principles and rules outlined in the Holy Qura’n. The Holy Prophet Muhammad, may peace be on him, further elaborated and illustrated these rules and principles through his deeds also called Sunnah (ways of the Holy Prophet) and his words also referred to as Ahadith (oral traditions of the Holy Prophet). Like the Holy Quran, Sunnah and Ahadith are considered primary sources of Shariah by Muslim scholars. But in order of importance, the Holy Qura’n outranks Sunnah and Ahadith. This is because the Holy Qura’n is the Divine word.

It has been preserved in its original form as the Quran itself states and also as history bears witness and is thus considered authentic. The authenticity of Sunnah and Ahadith is sometimes subject to the test of authenticity. Such dissection is not required in all situations. Sunnah and Ahadith are deemed inauthentic, when in conflict with the Holy Qura’n simply because the actions of the Holy Prophet cannot be in conflict with Divine principles. In the West today, Shariah is identified as a source of oppression, violence and tyranny. This misconception of Shariah stems from actions that arise from an out-of-context reading of the Holy Quran and reliance on inauthentic traditions of the Holy Prophet. A study of the Holy Quran suggests that the Holy Quran preaches justice, freedom of conscience and compassion.

Yeah? Okay, lots of people have said so. So - what the hell happened? What's with the terror and violence and never-ending strife?

The gap between Shariah and western liberal values, however, is often portrayed larger than it really is, thanks to out-of-context reading and distortion of the teachings of the Holy Qur’an and the traditions of the Holy Prophet. The out-of-context reading and distortion occurs due to a variety of reasons.

For stars and flags? No. For argument and not debate? Not really. Because they are demons? No, they are power-mongers and violent, sick individuals.

For example, in Pakistan, clergy wants to radicalize Muslims to increase their own [the clergy's] street and electoral power. It is easier to create blindly obedient followers when the teachings of the Holy Qur’an are presented in black-and-white manner.

As in, do what I say, because this is what the book says. Oh, really? Okay then, gimme that bomb vest!

The ordinary Muslims find themselves too powerless to challenge the twisted interpretation of clergy out of fear and/or ignorance.
Wait. WHAT? out of Fear and/or Ignorance.

This bit, OF COURSE, applies as well to Evangelical Christians who are hoping to bring on 'The End Times', who get sucked in blindly by a charismatic preacher so that HE can get rich, while 'stroking' his 'flock' into a trance of illusion.

In some cases, the ordinary Muslims are inclined to believe in twisted interpretation of clergy because such interpretations give legitimacy to centuries-old local customs, which might give these ordinary Muslims power over vulnerable segments of society.

Power-mongering. Terrorism. Strap that vest on and GO! SCARE the survivors into submission.

the clergy fights hard to defend laws that prescribe punishment for blasphemy because such laws give them power over minorities as well as control over those Muslims who might be considered a threat to the authority of clergy by insisting on Quranic teachings of religious tolerance, political peace and human dignity. All in all, in today’s Muslim world, Shariah is rarely a source of justice, tolerance or charity. Instead it has become the chosen tool of oppression and savagery. In the earlier centuries of Islam, it was Shariah that had fostered religious tolerance, socioeconomic justice, legal excellence and scientific achievements. Simply put, it is not Shariah but its twisted interpretation by Muslim clergy that is the real problem....
How did Shariah, which should be a source of justice, charity and tolerance, become a form of oppression? Ironically, it is the flexibility embedded in Shariah that led to its distortion.

I'll leave it there and give you all a chance to read HOW that came to be. And then think about the horrors done in the name of "Christ" based on the distortion of his story, his teachings, and the Bible itself.

edit on 11/7/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

NO major religion was ever founded for the purpose of peace, they are all control mechanisms for the kings.
However, jews and christians are the ones with the most blood on their hands.
Why can only few see this?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

It's shocking how human fear of death can be used for mass control. That's why religions and so diverse and popular.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I can't understand how the good that both Mohammad and jesus were striving for got so twisted in this world. I would like to meet with both of these two guys over coffee and discussed how their religions progressed throughout the ages. I bet they would spend half of their time shaking their heads in disgust and the other half laughing about things. Could be very interesting, I bet they would get along with each other just fine.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The contrived animosity that is going on now is astounding. I suppose they would get along, if they were only discussing the tolerance, compassion, and peace that both are reported to have taught.

But to see what it is going on 'in their names' now, must be very disheartening indeed.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

g146541

NO major religion was ever founded for the purpose of peace, they are all control mechanisms for the kings.

We realize that ATS can oft times be a haven for the ignorant, but that's no excuse for spreading it around like manure in a field. You have no sense of history, much less the history of religion so - Please stop spreading trashy propaganda non-sense OK ?

And I notice that people with K's of posts are quite frequently the most guilty of spreading mis-information. Why izzat we wonder?

The motto is Deny Ignorance - not to deny that you are capable of it

edit on 7-11-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

XionZap

g146541

We realize that ATS can oft times be a haven for the ignorant, but that's no excuse for spreading it around like manure in a field. You have no sense of history, much less the history of religion so - Please stop spreading trashy propaganda non-sense OK ?

And I notice that the people with K's pf posts are the most guilty of spreading mis-information. Why izzat we wonder?
edit on 7-11-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

Nice ad hom there Bro!
It is very interesting that you would say I have no sense of history.
Calculate all of the folks through history that have been murdered for religion, then calculate the ones who were killed via crime of passion, Etc.
Religion is a control mechanism.

(Edit)
On the K's of posts btw, I am fat old and most of all retired!
This means I could stay at the keyboard 24 hours a day if I wanted, this also means I have more time to read as well, and I do.
I read not only secondary source which is a major part of where "history" comes from, but I read primary source as well. I will wait for you to Google what that means.
edit on 7-11-2013 by g146541 because: Google it

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

Please explain how Christianity has been presented as a religion of peace.

Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Matthew 10:21
Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Matthew 19:29
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You're on a roll lately. First Grim, then you. What's up with the torrent of anti-religious threads?
edit on 7-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The weather keeps me indoors, and so, this place (ATS) gets my imagination going (as well as my opinions).

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

People like you help to remind me how much I've grown. There was a time when I would have been just like that. Couldn't keep my thoughts to myself worth a damn. Not that it's a bad thing, provided your skills in diplomacy can keep up with the verbal (or textual) diarrhea.

I hope that didn't come across as crass...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

And I notice that people with K's of posts are quite frequently the most guilty of spreading mis-information. Why izzat we wonder?

Perhaps those K's of posts are the solution, not the problem...if you catch my drift.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

g146541
jews and christians are the ones with the most blood on their hands.

I know that's a popular thing to claim, but I'd like to see some stats on that.
Judaism. Christianity. Islam. Hinduism. They've all got some really dark history.
Hinduism you say? Yes. The Caste system is a killer. So I include them in the list.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Sharia was never intended to be peaceful for non-Muslims and they can't even agree on it within Sunni or Shi'ite. They kill each other over that difference.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Well, that may be, I don't know it all that well. But some Muslims claim it was. They say they are the "real" Muslims and that others don't understand it, and that the "fake Muslim" clergy is exploiting that ignorance/misunderstanding.

Did you read the article? I know, I know, it's from a Muslim source for Westerners - maybe just more justification and deflection away from the beating heart of today's Islam...

but that's what it said. And at least it does hold corrupt clergy responsible - which Sahabi has amply proven in his excellent thread about the "Corrupted Koran."

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

windword, you have met the ultimate misquoted verse in the Bible.

First of all, we have to take everything Jesus said, and not just one verse and think that's all there is to it.

As the Bible goes on to say "The word of God is sharper than any two-edged sword, dividing the flesh from spirit". From that verse, it then indicates the sword is not physical. Even Revelation says that "a sharp sword goes out of his mouth, with which he shall smite the nations". Again, it is not a physical sword. So if we continue further, then we see this very thing expounded by Paul (I know, I know, there are people who disagree with Paul) when he says that our warfare is not carnal. Therefore, a carnal sword is not the weapon of a Christian.

But the peace that Jesus takes is not toward another individual, it is against our own selves. In other words, when we do receive an understanding, that reveals to us our own failure or our own "Sin" or our own faults, then we understand and we don't have peace anymore within ourselves until that thing is changed within us.

This is the point when a person hears the truth, they say "I have done wrong" and their conscience then says they cannot go forward until it is changed in them.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

FlyersFan

g146541
jews and christians are the ones with the most blood on their hands.

I know that's a popular thing to claim, but I'd like to see some stats on that.
Judaism. Christianity. Islam. Hinduism. They've all got some really dark history.
Hinduism you say? Yes. The Caste system is a killer. So I include them in the list.

Proving with stats would be a very hard thing to do in "early history" as we all know the victors write history.
This is where the primary and secondary sources come in very handy, you can see the world from an individuals way of thinking, and if multiples see the same, things were most probably that way.
As for recent history, let's just take since 2001.
I cannot give an accurate figure but, I will assume that the peoples killed and or murdered in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, Libya, and Syria were not mostly jewish or christian, but the killings were done by christians or "jews" under the blessing of the Israelis...or jews...whatever name game they happen to be playing at the time.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

wildtimes

Well, that may be, I don't know it all that well. But some Muslims claim it was. They say they are the "real" Muslims and that others don't understand it, and that the "fake Muslim" clergy is exploiting that ignorance/misunderstanding.

Did you read the article? I know, I know, it's from a Muslim source for Westerners - maybe just more justification and deflection away from the beating heart of today's Islam...

but that's what it said. And at least it does hold corrupt clergy responsible - which Sahabi has amply proven in his excellent thread about the "Corrupted Koran."

Yes, I read it. Like I said, I have read the Quran, the Sunna, the Hadiths and Sharia, and have talked to many Muslims online and in real life.

What you have just presented is indeed from one side of Muslims claiming another side is not Muslim, that's what they mean by "fake" Muslims. It gets down to Sunni vs. Shi'ite.

There are Muslims who are Quran only and there are Muslims who believe the Hadiths. If you really want to hear a tragic story, read the Hadiths, it talks about Aisha's feelings about being sexually abused from Mohammed. And she had very clear doubts about Mohammed and Allah.

Let me say this, and it will offend a lot of Muslims, but we have to really look at this..I am a defender of Aisha, she was a little girl forced into marriage to Mohammed. She was molested and raped by him, under the guise of his prophethood. She was kept apart from the other wives in many instances. She was called "Mother" of the Muslims, and she was only 18 years-old when he died. So in her young mind, she was really manipulated and subjugated. All her world was framed around Mohammed. She never escaped.

The little girl endured psychological and physical trauma. And as a Christian, to look back at her and what she went through, deserves compassion and justice

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

windword, you have met the ultimate misquoted verse in the Bible.

That is NOT a misquote.

First of all, we have to take everything Jesus said, and not just one verse and think that's all there is to it.

Unfortunately, Jesus' words can be contradictory, and used to cause dessension rather than peace.

As the Bible goes on to say "The word of God is sharper than any two-edged sword, dividing the flesh from spirit".

Jesus didn't say that.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yes, it is a misquote when it is taken as literal, when it is spiritual,

No, I did not say Jesus said it, please look again.

Let's make another thread and discuss discrepancies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join