It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer: the forbidden cures.

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The thread title refers to the following video. It covers some history and discusses some cancer therapies that you may have heard of:

But I also wanted to include some recent findings with regards to other alternative therapies which may also be helpful in preventing and fightng cancer.

Some have also suggested that they may also be effective in fighting other diseases.

Sea cucumber extract kills 95 percent of breast cancer cells and shrinks lung tumors.

Cancer Fighting Foods – 4 Anti-Cancer Foods.

As colorectal cancer gets more aggressive, treatment with grape seed extract is even more effective.

edit on 7-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The thing that always bothers me about these alternative cancer cures, there's a lot of countries in the world that aren't dominated by the pharma industry in the same way the USA is.

The British with the NHS for example, if the NHS could find a cancer treatment that worked, and was natural, and was therefore a fraction of the price of traditional treatments, they would be all over it.

Likewise many other countries, like, most of them.

I just don't believe that if these alternatives really worked, there wouldn't be many countries in the world already using them.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

Well I would invite you do some independent research. You may be surprised by what you find.

You'll notice that the study on grape seed extract was conducted by the University of Colorado.

While I cant speak for the UK, traditional cancer treatment in the US is BIG business. There is a very obvious profit motivation behind the silencing of alternative therapies.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Steve Jobs rejected all the normal cures and tried all these other ones....didn't turn out very well did it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

can you tell me which cancer you have suffered and which of these alternative "cures" you have used.
thank you.

these kind of threads are an insult to people who are currently facing cancer in their lives.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I dont think thats a very strong argument.

The survival rate under traditional medicine isnt impressive.

Most of it seems dependent on how early the cancer is detected and how quickly it spreads.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

So you dont believe that anything is possible (say through laboratory test results) unless you have experienced it first hand?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The problem with these types of threads is that there are no guidelines. Chemotherapy for example is prescribed at a dosage based on the age, condition, height and weight of a patient. With other medications being taken, allergies and the like are all taken into account when prescribing these powerful drugs.

There are no guidelines when it comes to alternatives. More of a hit and hope approach. I mean they could potentially be dangerous to someone with a certain type of cancer.

You also need the "evil" medical establishment to diagnose that you have cancer in the first place. People who are experts in their field, who have devoted their life to fighting cancer, not killing their patients. Would you trust an "alternative" Doctor to diagnose you had cancer? Probably not, but you would choose their treatment options?

Having said that, if you check with your consultants about using alternatives alongside of the conventional route, I see no harm in that. I do it myself. Its difficult to measure the success rate though.
edit on 7-11-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Well that's the thing, yes medicine in the US is profit-lead. But in the UK it is results-lead, and there are a number of charities, including the huge Cancer Research charity, who raise and spend a fortune on cancer treatments. And they've never endorsed *any* of the alternative treatments.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Not directed at you boymonkey, but I have heard this brought up many times, and am very curious if anyone knows, or if he had published exactly what regiment he followed?
I'm curious, because I have read other testimonials from people, with their regiments, that did work for them.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

reply to post by chiefsmom

While it is true that Steve Jobs tried to use natural cures before getting traditional treatment, he wound up getting chemotherapy and other targeted treatments.

The Apple chief executive, who died this month after a pancreatic tumour spread elsewhere, delayed having operations and chemotherapy for nine months after the disease was discovered in October 2003.

When he eventually agreed to treatment, Mr Jobs went to great expense to ensure that he was given the most pioneering work available, Isaacson writes, having his DNA sequenced for $100,000 (£62,000).

Isaacson, who interviewed Mr Jobs more than 40 times over two years, states that this allowed Mr Jobs's doctors to tailor his drugs to target defective molecular pathways in his body. But eventual surgery revealed that the cancer had spread to tissue surrounding his pancreas.

Steve Jobs also had surgery and got a new liver. He lived 8 years from the time of his diagnosis, which makes him kind of lucky, as not everyone survives that long.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Wanted to add that I do believe that natural cures can work, but probably should be used along with traditional medicine. Every situation is different, so one should always consider using every option available.

I think the information on sodium bicarbonate is interesting and I know of an oncologist who while he does not prescribe that as a cure, thinks it is a good thing and almost recommends it, more as a supplement than as a medicine.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Hmmm there is a thread where sea cucumbers is effective against cancer

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

Europe uses mistletoe extract quite successfully. The fda won't touch it, despite the successes.
Germany has bunch of cancer treatments that work, and no one outside of their circle of research is the wiser usually.
Many many Hollywood stars go to Europe for their cancer treatment, and are cured.
Susan Sommers wrote a book about it when she reached her five-year mark of being cancer free.
Farrar Fawcett went to Germany for her treatment, but she kept flying back to the USA.
She needed continuous treatment in Germany.
She actually rallied and was much much better for a while, but her cancer was very wide spread already.
She's the only one I know of who went to Europe for cancer treatment, and didn't surviv.
I'm pretty sure it's where Ted Kennedys daughter had her lung cancer cured as well.

Theyre not all over it, because they don't want anyone to know, so it gets no press at all

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Great!! i have also some tips regarding to Cancer..
that should be helpful for Fight with Cancer.
6 Superfoods to Fight Cancer.
1. Tomatoes
Tomatoes are rich in a powerful anti-oxidant, lycopene, that makes them red. Lycopene neutralizes harmful free radicals that are implicated in prostate, ovarian and cervical cancer.

Products, such as spaghetti sauce, tomato puree, and even ketchup are great concentrated sources of lycopene and particularly effective.

2. Cruciferous Vegetables
Adding a healthy amount of cruciferous vegetables to the daily diet could become a new treatment regime for cancer.

Vegetables like radishes, broccoli and cauliflower, cabbage and turnips contain compounds called isothiocyanates that inhibit the growth of cancerous cells within the body. Broccoli and broccoli sprouts are especially potent.

3. Garlic Reduces Carcinogenic Effects
Garlic is part of the alliaceous family. It contains a number of compounds that can fight cancers of the skin, kidney, colon, breast, lung, and prostate, and also leukaemia. It also regulates blood sugar, which helps limit cancer cells.

4. Green Tea
A compound found in green tea, called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) is known to have anti-cancer properties that not only act as powerful inhibitors of any growth in tumors but also kills cancer cells with no ill effect on healthy cells.

Green tea is known to reduce the risk of developing of several types of cancer including liver, breast, colon, and prostate.

5. Berries
Berries such as cranberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are rich in disease-fighting phytochemicals. Their color is imparted to them from plant chemicals called anthomyanidins that have the potential to shrink cancer cells, a process called apoptosis.

Blueberries are the richest in cancer fighting compounds. They protect the body against a variety of cancers including colon and esophagel.

6.Mushrooms
Mushrooms contain substances that may slow oestrogen production by reducing an enzyme, aromatase's activities, which in turn cuts the risk of breast cancer.

edit on 25-11-2013 by surender because: Miss some iteams.

edit on Aug 5th 2019 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is a useful thread.
I would add oregano oil, fasting and Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) Mushroom to the list of things to investigate.

Painterz -

Well that's the thing, yes medicine in the US is profit-lead. But in the UK it is results-lead, and there are a number of charities, including the huge Cancer Research charity, who raise and spend a fortune on cancer treatments. And they've never endorsed *any* of the alternative treatments.
Now, think about this for one moment. Charities pay their permanent staff, they pay doctors, nurses, researchers, and are a large part of the funding for research labs doing research into disease. Do you think they would be ecstatically happy for a cure to be found? Would you like to be out of a job tomorrow? On a humanitarian level, of course they would be happy, but on a personal level, they have family to feed.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Painterz
The thing that always bothers me about these alternative cancer cures, there's a lot of countries in the world that aren't dominated by the pharma industry in the same way the USA is.

The British with the NHS for example, if the NHS could find a cancer treatment that worked, and was natural, and was therefore a fraction of the price of traditional treatments, they would be all over it.

Likewise many other countries, like, most of them.

I just don't believe that if these alternatives really worked, there wouldn't be many countries in the world already using them.
yes but for every sick person their is 7 people running behind them cleaning up it keeps people in jobs you know same as the junkies to give them their hit free costs xxxx but they do 20 times more damage shoplifting etc and it keeps the courts /police etc in work where would one of those kiddy fiddling judges get a job otherwise its all about keeping us plebs occupied and distracted

new topics

top topics

join