It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Caught On Tape Shooting Unarmed Man Won’t Be Charged With A Crime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hi sry if this has been posted I did not see it

Wow I just can't believe how far they go to cover for the police..

This guy admitted to drinking beers before going to work then shoots an unarmed man 16 times, the last 3 in the back while he was laying on the ground.. They did not even breath test him for 5 hours after the incident.

Sierra eventually admitted that he drank “multiple” beers before he went to work that night. However, the city waited more than five hours after the shooting to give him a breath test, so there was no way to tell if he was impaired during the shooting.

This was all caught on video, and it was his 3rd shooting (second death) in the last 6 months, but he is still not going to get charged..

Everyone in a position to do anything about it, for whatever reason just covers for these idiot cops.

We need to start holding these trigger happy morons accountable.. Like he needed to shoot him 16 times emptying his clip..

No charges WTF?
thinkprogress.org...

Chicago Police Officer Gildardo Sierra will not face any criminal charges for the killing of an unarmed man, Cook County prosecutors announced Tuesday, despite video footage that showed Sierra standing over the victim, Flint Farmer, and shooting him multiple times. Prosecutors concluded that Sierra may have reasonably mistaken Farmer’s cell phone for a gun, and therefore was justified in firing off all 16 rounds in his gun at the unarmed man.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

You can see at least one muzzle blast and the victim is definitely down.

Dash Cam Link

Geez ... on a second look you can see he meant to finish the guy off. Wonder who blew the whistle.
edit on 7112013 by Snarl because: Second Look

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Shocking the levels of corruption and arse covering going on in this case.

Hold on...16 round clip emptied into the body of an unarmed man...aren't clips supposed to be limited to 10 shots max?

Or is that only for the public and not the corrupt police that slaughter them?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by goou111

Dash Cam Link

Not going to be good for this guy's reputation. Ironic it was caught on a police dash cam. Wonder who blew the whistle.

Ty for posting the video link..

I bet whoever blew the whistle is regretting it now

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

A safe society comes from a well armed and trained populace, not from an increasingly militarized police force.

With each passing week, we find that the police are becoming the greatest threat to our safety.

The majority of police need to be disarmed.

There are also WAY too many cops. In the absence of any real crime, they exist to terrorize the average citizen in the form of violent assaults, revenue generation via code violations and the stealing of our property via immoral civil forfeiture laws.

edit on 7-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

This is a serious concern,or should be,for all Americans-apparently he mistook the guy's cell for a gun-and shot him till he resembled a tea strainer.How many of your children walk around in public with cellphones?
And the fact that the cop admitted to having has several beers earlier that day..I don't even know what more to say.Be careful American citizens,you are living in a dangerous,dangerous time-and the danger is among you,not in some foreign desert or Afghan cave.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It just goes to show that we are living in BAD times. When a cop can shoot an unarmed man,while intoxicated, and get away with it, we are the only defense we have left. But if we exercised our right to defend ourselves against lets say a drunk guy with a gun, would WE be exonerated? What f the gun toting drunk also had a badge? Can you say throw away the key?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

But what's even scarier, is there seems to be absolutely no outrage or slightest degree of accountability coming from above, from his superiors - the one's employed by the public to keep the police in line.

What about Internal Affairs?

Shouldn't they be taking this cop to court for admitting to taking drugs on duty (yes, alcohol is a drug) at the very least?

Shouldn't they be investigating the fact the cop shot the 3 fatal shots standing over the victim while he was laying on the ground bleeding out?

Why couldn't the cop work out that before firing the fatal and last 3 shots, he had already fired 13 shots into the body of the victim, yet the victim had not fired a single shot either in agression or in self defence back at the cop?

Even if the cop, in his drunken state had actually mistook a mobile phone for a weapon (yeah, sure), didn't it seems strange the imaginary gun wasn't being aimed and fied at him?

If you are going to shoot someone that many times, why wouldn't you shoot the arm and shoulder you think is holding the gun? If you're shot 16 times in the arms and shoulders, you won't be able to hold anything, not a weapon nor a phone.

The cop appears to have executed him, plain and simple.

edit on 7-11-2013 by MysterX because: spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

It is sickening! Some Rights loving, anti-government, low life has the nerve to turn in a guy like this! I mean after all he's just doing his job. Right? Just because the guy was face down on the ground with 13 bullets in him does not mean he wasn't dangerous enough to warrant firing the other three.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

colddeadhands
reply to post by MysterX

It is sickening! Some Rights loving, anti-government, low life has the nerve to turn in a guy like this! I mean after all he's just doing his job. Right? Just because the guy was face down on the ground with 13 bullets in him does not mean he wasn't dangerous enough to warrant firing the other three.

I suppose the victim may well have been concealing a few WMD's in his underpants and a couple of rocket launchers stuffed up his backside...probably better to not take any chances.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Freaking appalling. Are there any campaigns or protests in the US about murderous and violent police? Dont any people in the public eye bring this to further attention and scream from the rooftops? WTF is happening with the people's famous love and defence of democracy and freedom over there?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Indeed that is scary as hell,that none of his superiors or Internal Affairs were outraged about this.It indicates that they are completely unconcerned about the precedent this sets in the minds of other thugs-in-uniform out there-a dangerous precedent.It beggars belief that the cop got away with this! And it is beyond disgusting,considering their role is to protect and serve! When the citizens of any given country are in more danger from their police force than from terrorists and enemies of that country,it is a hugely disturbing pointer to very dark days ahead.
And it is sad,God that poor guy..yes it does seem like an execution.More than that,the overkill-it was like he wanted to Really exterminate the guy at all costs-this whole thing is almost surreal,such violence from a cop against an unarmed citizen! Disgusting-and very very worrying.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Indeed.

Because of the apparent savagery of this..let's call it what it is - this execution, i'm inclined to think there may well be more to this case than first meets the eye.

Did the victim and the cop have prior dealings with each other i wonder?

Is the cop on the take and the victim was going to inform on him or others who may have been in on the corruption?

It seems he really wanted to silence the victim - apparently at any cost.

The drinking may be a regualr thing with the cop, although it may also have been 'Dutch courage' because the cop knew what he was going to do to that guy in advnace, perhaps to shut him up, and needed to strengthen his nerve with the booze?

You're right, it is pretty surreal.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
3 shootings in 6 months??? This last one, his entire friggin magazine into the guy?? Well, he's damn lucky the prosecutors are pro-cop to a corrupt extreme. He appears alone out there...and he emptied his gun. Yes... Brilliant.. You'd think he was a rookie. Oh, wait, this is his 3rd shooting in half a year. No rookie here.

I think Sonny Crockett there could use a long long vacation, far far away from dangerous tools, like a gun. People seem to have a nasty habit of getting killed when this guy shows up.

Cop....or criminal who (go figure) got by the rigorous and never ending screening of the C.P.D.? (/sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

LOL, Crockett...
That guy is straight up "the corrupt Calahan"!
You see you got to ask yourself one question, did I fire 5 shots or did I fire 16?
Truth is being under the influence I can't really remember myself!
LOL!

The cool thing was the last cruiser to come into the video, how they faced toward the shooting then veered away, I wonder if they were looking to cover-up their buddies mistake by avoiding filming.
I remember the cruiser should be pointed in the direction of the incident for needed lighting.
This is just one reason why I believe along with a gun, cops should be required to carry a go-pro style chest/shoulder mounted camera on duty, maybe 2.
It's not as if the extra few ounces will matter when you normally lug a 30 Lb. duty belt anyway.
Who watches the watchers?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I think you're right and I'm 100% for two things. I think, together, they'd cut a LARGE % of the police corruption and abuse issues within a few years of being in effect.

#1. As you say there, POV Cameras on every officer and it's their butt on a biscuit if those camera clocks don't have an unbroken and clear count from start of shift to the end of it. (The thing is? They'd work to CLEAR as many cops as anything ..but the ones they burned, they'd burn to the ground ..how it needs to be)

#2. Citizen review boards in every department of size and on the county level to rural areas where each department doesn't warrant that, itself. Filled by the same random selection system used to draw names for the Jury Pools but staffing the review board at 50% ..or 51%, preferably. Make the other half professionals of whatever variety ...but half are plain Jane citizens who aren't doing it long enough to get jaded. Every use of force gets reviewed. Every time. Period. ...90% would get marked 'Justified', probably ...but that 10% is what is fueling things like this thread is about.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Note to anonymous;
You want to affect change? Publish the home addressees of every LEO in the US. Put them on notice that there is another set of laws that supersede their entitlement.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What I wanna know is why the cop wasn't drawn on when other officers came up. I mean both cops had to have been in view of the office firing into the lifeless corpse on the ground. If I pulled up cop or not I'd have drawn down on him and made him drop his gun at the least. It was an obvious crime...how could none of these other officers done this. This guy could have lost it mentally and been a danger. I always thought it was SOP for the officer to relinquish his weapon when other officers arrive and the suspect is confirmed down. Maybe I'm way off here but stuff like this makes my blood boil.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
reply to post by goou111

Note to anonymous;
You want to affect change? Publish the home addressees of every LEO in the US. Put them on notice that there is another set of laws that supersede their entitlement.

Because that makes sense. Oh look a cop doing his job the right way , let me go look up his address and terrorize his family because some idiot cop across the country is horrible.

The cop in this case is a criminal. He should be tried as a criminal and receive the same punishment. Anyone covering for him should be tried as an accessory to a crime.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
reply to post by goou111

Note to anonymous;

There is the problem. Like someone above said, probably only 10 percent are the real bad guys.
posting all addresses would only serve to harm the innocent.
A camera or 2 mounted on each cop would allow them to be their own corruption check.
And no innocents need to be harmed.
But we could certainly hang the guilty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join