It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Demonic Influences

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Fraudfinder

WarminIndy
reply to post by Fraudfinder

And that's the sum total of the debate, what IS the Good News?

When Jesus said it, it was not only He was the good news, but that the kingdom of God is at hand. But the good news is to bring hope, not damnation. That's where it all went wrong for Christianity, when hope was replaced by fire and brimstone preaching about hell for everyone who isn't Christian.

We are not the judges of their hearts or their eternity, that we have to leave up to God. Johnathan Edwards really took that stance in Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God. That Puritanical doctrine led to killing innocent people.

I had a pastor one time many years ago, who died in 1979 when I was young, but I remember very clearly what he said "Don't ever preach someone into hell and not preach to them hope". This pastor, and understand that my parents didn't feel the need to be faithful to church and taking us faithfully, said many practical things that stick with me today. What do you think about this...as people were judging other people for teenage pregnancies in their families, and he was against the high-minded proud, holier-than-thou people, he said something one time that I remember to this day "It is just as easy to get pregnant in the back seat of a car as it is in the back of a wagon". What he meant was that it doesn't matter, it happens to all parts of society, so quit judging on others for not being as wealthy or whatever.

Of all the preachers I have known in my life, he was the most compassionate and practical. He didn't ever preach against poor people, he never preached against those of the "lower class", which I was from.

But never preach someone into hell if you can't preach them hope. Of all the people Jesus preached to about hell, who were the ones He was talking about? The unprofitable servant, the rich man and those who do evil, even those who do it in His name.

He wasn't against the rich, He was against those who use wealth to hurt others.

I apologize if I mislead you. I don't preach "Hell and Fire" but the bible sure does. What I am say is this:

Romans 10:9 - Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

I think this verse is so more true today then when it was written.

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

That was the Good NEWS!!!

Are you Baptist?

Let's not argue about it, because that is detrimental. But it is very easy to take a verse and make an entire doctrine upon.

I am a Christian, so guess my denomination. And let me ask another question, from Christian to Christian, who is Jesus to you?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

wildtimes

If you want to attack me, DO IT LIKE A MAN. Your post above proclaiming "THE GOOD NEWS" makes it EXCLUSIVE to Christians, and damns ALL OTHERS to hell. THAT is the main problem with your brand of Christianity.

WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS THREAD? Others who have tried this transparent style of attack on specific members have been banned, or had their threads trashed. YOU do not own this site. YOU do not have exclusive rights to heaven over all who question Christianity.

Why, if you're so concerned about the threads that I and others make, don't you respond IN THEM, rather than just "assuming" you know what they will discuss and be about?

Talk about fragile. NO, I have NOT made your point. You can throw one liners "claiming" that I have, all day. Now suck it up and ANSWER DIRECTLY my rebuttal to your puerile premise in the OP.

SEVERAL of us have disputed your 'presented motives' that you call "our agenda." IT'S NOT for you to decide who 'should' and 'should not' read these fora. They represent an ongoing search for the Truth, and are open to the public for comment and reading.

Keep it up, and I will report you to the mods. If you don't want that to happen, then SPEAK UP. YOU started the thread. Hiding behind others who you think "agree" with you, and having NOTHING else to say, is lame. it's not even a legitmate "thread" - it's a one-off counter-attack on threads that YOU think 'threaten' people's belief systems. That you're now unwilling to participate in except to further attack ME.

You started it. Your target is here. NOW DRIVE IT, or abandon ship. You've been shown to be mistaken, narrow-minded, accusatory, and WRONG about why people come here. Deal with it. You're heartily welcome to come into ANY of my threads and thump away - and I will rebutt, or agree, but I WILL respond. You started this as an inflammatory attack on non-Christians - NOW MAN-UP AND MIND THE FLAMES. Or, not. Be a coward and go hide behind others of "your flock," now that you've tossed your match onto the fire. "Aaarggh! The fire is out of control!! The one that I started!"

You know why? Because you didn't ASK what people's agendae were, you DECIDED what they were, and you were WRONG. Acknowledge it, or zip it. It's called libel, false witness, ignorance, and a foul either way.

YOU ARE FUNNY!

THANK YOU FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT.

REALLY.... THANKS '
'

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Oh, you're quite welcome.
At your service. (Plus, I'm rackin' up the stars, while your fan club has buggered off, just like you have tried to do. Don'tcha love it!???)

btw, you're forgiven. The truly ignorant can't really be held accountable for their infractions.
Have a great day. Keep up the studies!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Quick question, why is it that Christians assume that if one is not part of the same belief system you are, you label them as "satanic,demon,worldly,etc". I'm not Christian or of any religious faith, I do not attend any church, but I do believe in a white energy that flows through all of us, the energy of love, which I would assume is "God" right? I think we all find this through our own experiences in life.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Fraudfinder

YOU ARE FUNNY!

THANK YOU FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT.

REALLY.... THANKS '
'

Well put. Pulitzer prize material here. I think my favorite part is where you lay out, point by point, exactly why she's wrong and you are right.

Also, the ALL-CAPS responses always indicate a level headed and kind person with a quiet gentle spirit. Boy, do you fit the bill. I wish I could subscribe to a column written by you where you tell every body in the world who is wrong that they entertain you and with you calling them funny. I mean, who would disagree with that? It's pure gold.

Keep up the excellent work for you lord and representing him as an articulate god who can be defended with logical arguments.
edit on 7-11-2013 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Cuervo,

I hope I presented MY God as articulate.

Believe it or not, there are Christians who do worship a God of their imagination. They put attributes onto God and put words in His mouth. They imagine God as being this strange thing up there who sits on a cloud and throws fiery lightning bolts at people who disagree with Him. That is so Middle-Ages and was even an imagination then.

Wow, it seems stereotypification happens on all sides. Do you have a green face and a warty nose?

I would really be silly if I believed that. But this Christian doesn't have time to imagine God and strike my enemies everywhere.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Believe it or not, there are Christians who do worship a God of their imagination. They put attributes onto God and put words in His mouth. They imagine God as being this strange thing up there who sits on a cloud and throws fiery lightning bolts at people who disagree with Him. That is so Middle-Ages and was even an imagination then.

You did, perfectly articulate, and I have no problem at all with YOUR God. I just wish other Christians were as well-rounded in their backgrounds, studies, thoughtfulness, and comparative agility.

Well done you, and thank you for your efforts, my Christian friend. Hugs.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

WarminIndy
reply to post by Cuervo

Cuervo,

Wow, it seems stereotypification happens on all sides. Do you have a green face and a warty nose?

I would really be silly if I believed that. But this Christian doesn't have time to imagine God and strike my enemies everywhere.

Believe me, I have no problem with Christians; just self-righteous bullies. And I wouldn't even call that a "problem" as much as a penchant for vigilance towards them. As you pointed out, there are plenty of "smug" (thanks for putting that as nicely as you did) pagans and other followers of non-Abrahamic faiths out there. I agree and I'm just as annoyed by those guys but, like I said, Christians are just more prevalent and the doctrine so easy to manipulate that it's where you find the most of these types.

You (and I'd actually say the majority) are a great representative of your religion and are the type I think of when thinking of Christianity. I don't imagine Westborough or the Jimmy Swaggart with I think of Christians, I think of people like you and my friends who are decent and better represent the message of your Jesus.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The very first time someone wanted to debate with me about religion was when I was 18 years-old. I was young and still not very intellectual, but this person chose to discuss with me in a public place. So I basically did what I thought was right, I answered every question with as much as I knew then and then asked them questions. A crowd had gathered around us as this was going on. But I maintained civility throughout, and it lasted three hours.

At the end of it, the other person informed me that they were a necromancer and had conceded on many of my points. Maybe it was a good thing they didn't tell me before. But I never took offense the whole time they were asking questions, I was just giving what I knew at that time.

I didn't change the person, they left still being a necromancer and I left being a Christian. But that still sticks with me today and I can't sit and think "did I do it right?"

That was in 1986.

Other Christians would say I failed in converting them, but who knows where they are now? My job isn't to convert, I can't do that anyway. When I see people who don't believe like I do, I can't force this on them. It is their choice, and their choice alone. Some Christians haven't reached the understanding yet that if they do not accept what you say, walk away.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Fraudfinder
For someone who is not Christian but hangs out in these type of forums/threads that deal with the Christian faith and/or who starts threads about Christianity but yet they are not a Christian makes one to think they must have an agenda. It makes no sense why someone would start a thread or make a negative post concerning Christianity when they hate the Christian beliefs? AND frequently it is the same people who scream: “Stop pushing religion down my throat” but yet these same people hang around these religious forums and/or start a religious thread.

what if someone was astonished and outraged at Christians and wants to somehow shake them awake?

I can remember years ago looking at a Christian forum and coming across some Christians discussing what type of rifle they would like to use to snip at people – my mind was boggled

American Christians in particular seem to just want to talk the talk – but never walk the walk

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Racasan,

As a Christian, my mind is boggled also at that. That is an horrific thought.

Who were these Christians? That's not Christianity, that's a crazy mentality.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Temporarily closed for staff review.

This thread is now closed.

Members are reminded of the following:

You are responsible for your own posts.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

edit on Thu Nov 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join