It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern California sky light up with reported fireball, likely meteor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hello

A pretty big fireball was spotted over southern California tonight.

news.yahoo.com...

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Southern Californians from Santa Barbara to San Diego have reported seeing a fireball that forecasters said was most likely a meteor streaking across the sky

This is the only video I could find of it and it does look like a pretty big one..

I just read this story from the New York Times saying we were more likely to get struck by an asteroid then previously thought.

Not great news with all the fireballs we have been seeing lately..

More Asteroid Strikes Are Likely, Scientists Say

When an asteroid exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk in February, shattering windows for miles and injuring well over 1,000 people, experts said it was a rare event — of a magnitude that might occur only once every 100 to 200 years, on average

But now a team of scientists is suggesting that the Earth is vulnerable to many more Chelyabinsk-size space rocks than was previously thought. In research being published Wednesday by the journal Nature, they estimate that such strikes could occur as often as every decade or two

www.nytimes.com...[editby ]edit on 7-11-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

goou111
This is the only video I could find of it and it does look like a pretty big one..

You do realise that the "front page" image on that video is a photoshopped fake, dont you?

The actual video shows a more ordinary, but bright meteor.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

alfa1

goou111

You do realise that the "front page" image on that video is a photoshopped fake, dont you?

The actual video shows a more ordinary, but bright meteor.

Well Duhhh. I did watch the video lol

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This was a cool video,But im not so sure it was anything other than an airplane.could have just been my pc it isn't the greatest.Me and my daughter saw a huge light streak across the sky tonight.Neither of us was really sure what we saw,very interesting though.

thank you for the share

new topics

top topics

join