It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those that we have loved and lost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I just read tonight in the news that another old friend has left us. An old friend of mine was shot in the head, and so was the person that she was found with. They are calling it a murder suicide. The loaded handgun was found next to the man that she was found with. I am so saddened by this news. She was a sweet kind soul. A part of me feels guilty for not having spoken to her in over 10 years, and a part of me is grateful yet again for no longer being a part of that world. I chose to build a family and walked away from all of those people that had been my friends.

So, to all of the lovely people who are no longer with us, a toast, to your lost smiles, you will be missed and never forgotten, never. 😪🌺🌸🌼

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you, and to the families of the couple. Horrific thing.

I too had a friend who strayed into a violent world and never came out. She was shot in the head by her boyfriend, she did not die but lingered for several years unable to speak or care for herself, and then she passed. She paid a very high price for her choices. I miss her.

Congratulations on your choices. May they bring you joy even in your sorrow.
edit on 7-11-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

I'm sorry to hear of this..
I'll raise a toast with you... To those who have perished from all of our lives, may they rest in eternal peace.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I am so sorry to hear this. My sympathies to you and anyone who has suffered losses.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Spend time with people that have your best interests at heart, if people don't care automatically cut them off. It's a dog eat dog world, survival of the fittest, choose wisely who you surround yourself with. You shouldn't feel guilty for the decision you made to focus on your family, it was a smart move and you're not alone.

Apologies if I sound cold hearted.
edit on 7-11-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I shall toast with you my friend. I'm sorry to hear/read of this happening.

It seems like it was the right thing to do to walk away from that life style. It still hurts I know... And I just feel that everything happens for a reason.

Peace and love to you ~~~>>

And may peace be upon those who have loved and lost in this life...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that she is not suffering as your friend did. It makes you want to shake people up and chase them away from things. She is actually the third friend that I have lost to crazy violence from there, also the third that I found out about in the local news.

I am grateful everyday for my own personal opportunities, and my night in shining armor. We left the valley for better opportunities, and because I could not see raising my children in those situations.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

Thank you kind sir! There are always too many lost too soon.
May everyone find peace in this crazy world, or at least on the other side of it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you Night Star!
I hope that their families find some peace as well.

I hope that you are doing ok, and get to find some of your own peace. You are too sweet a soul to hurt so much.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

You don't sound cold hearted. It was a decision that was made a decade ago. After living in the crazy, I knew that I needed to get out. The guilt comes from the fact that, even though it was a hardcore unhealthy lifestyle, they are still the people that cared whether I lived or died, More so than my own parents. I would never backtrack, but it breaks my heart.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thank you sweetheart!
I was already a bit toasted by the time I posted this. You will have to forgive me for not sticking around longer last night.

🍻 To all who have left this place too soon!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I feel for you woodsmom! Just because we leave an old life behind doesn't mean we ever forget those who were a part of it- or stop caring about them. It's hard to hear of the passing of an old friend, no matter how far your lives have strayed apart. Chin up girl and be thankful that you walked away when you could, and honor your friend by living the best you can!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
We always have our memories to hold on to of a time we once knew, of the laughter and joy and all the things we shared, even our tears and sorrow. They are a part of us always.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I always try to live the best I can. I canned 28 jars of food today. Anything to keep busy sometimes.
Thanks littled. Life is way too short and precious to waste it.

I have thought before that memory is our opportunity to reach for our immortality. What kind of memory or legacy will we each leave ? I know that it is possible for each of us to leave a positive mark on the world, it may just take a bit more effort sometimes. Each life is an opportunity, a chance to change this world, or at least a chance to change it for people that we encounter on the way.

It has been an odd couple of days. I know that many have lost too much in life far too soon. It really saddens me more when it can be preventable.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

woodsmom
I have thought before that memory is our opportunity to reach for our immortality. What kind of memory or legacy will we each leave ? I know that it is possible for each of us to leave a positive mark on the world, it may just take a bit more effort sometimes. Each life is an opportunity, a chance to change this world, or at least a chance to change it for people that we encounter on the way.

That is quite profound.

A toast to those now gone..

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Thank you.
This is an odd time of year for me anyway. Just a couple of days ago was also the three year anniversary of losing my husband parents, and about 8 years since my grandma passed. Both of my beautiful sons just had their third and eighth birthdays. A trade seemingly both times. Life and death make their mark on us in incredible ways.

Sometimes the way that the world teaches us to be strong is just plain unfair.
A toast to them all! 🍻

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well, another toast to a dear sweet person lost to this world.
My friend you will forever be missed, and never forgotten.
I'm only sorry I didn't find out sooner.

top topics

join