It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this actually for real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I came across this while looking at the Jimmy So-vile debacle that seems to be getting all of our old time favourite performers arrested for some very nasty stuff. If its to believed the whole of the British establishment has some very hard questions to ask. A lot of the high profile names, have actually been arrested which all credit to the Police must have had a lot of pressure to bury. I'm sure none of this would have come out if the British police force was a totally male dominated funny handshake profession like it was a few years ago, have the powers that run things miscalculated the admission of females into there ranks, and the female tenacity to make sure any perpetrator's are not just let off with a slap with a wet bus ticket. www.seancopland.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

anonentity
I came across this while looking at the Jimmy So-vile debacle that seems to be getting all of our old time favourite performers arrested for some very nasty stuff. If its to believed the whole of the British establishment has some very hard questions to ask. A lot of the high profile names, have actually been arrested which all credit to the Police must have had a lot of pressure to bury. I'm sure none of this would have come out if the British police force was a totally male dominated funny handshake profession like it was a few years ago, have the powers that run things miscalculated the admission of females into there ranks, and the female tenacity to make sure any perpetrator's are not just let off with a slap with a wet bus ticket. www.seancopland.com...

how is this about men and women in the police force and not about old power networks protecting themselves?

do you think only women are against child predation?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

okamitengu

Or that it is only Men who are capable of child predation for that matter??? After all, do I need to provide links to the many documented "Female Teacher/Male Student" relationships which have made the news over the years?? They don't get as much media coverage as the "Male Teacher/Female Student" cases, but I can assure you there are many of them if you just take time to look.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Maybe it has a lot to do with more child victims becoming the policing force - both male and female victims?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

That's possible. Or it could just be that some activities once exposed are beyond the ability of even TPTB to contain.

Consider also that not all the Power Elite would be involved in something like Child Crimes. So all it would take is for it to slip through the fingers and be noticed by other Powerful People and from there would be much harder to contain. One Elitist may in fact not even care about children at all but see it simply as an opportunity to remove some of his Rival Peers. As long as they themselves were not involved they could use it to secure their own position at the top. Nothing says that their motives would have to be good. Just that their target has changed to another member of the Ruling Class instead of the Common Man for once.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

okamitengu

anonentity

how is this about men and women in the police force and not about old power networks protecting themselves?

The numbers of females convicted are a lot lower than that of males, although I agree that's its not all a male problem. But I asked if these statistics as presented in the web page was a fact.If so then every branch of the establishment must be compromised. If the likes of David Icke is right whole governments might very well fall. If its proved that the ruling classes just use the lower classes children as play things. America squashed its own King scandal which went deep into the white house, even to the point of pulling a Doco. and paying the full cost of production.
What i'm suggesting is that given the figures of male abusers to female abusers, suggest we might see a bigger shakeup, as more females are in positions to make a difference? who knows but if a PM. gets done for cottaging and brings in D notices when the pack of cards looks shaky, i'd think that democracy has a problem. It might all be internet BS. but some of the names are big ,and have been prosecuted, and they didn't get protected. Which says to me the protection machine is breaking down for some reason.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

To address the question: Is this for real?

Yes. This is for real. Things are actually happening with regards to these appalling crimes, committed by persons who, no matter their appeal, abused positions of power and indeed fame, in order to avoid criminal prosecution. In some cases, the perpetrators did so for decades, so these are crimes which in my view ought to be dealt with in the most thorough manner, and with the gravity and intensity that the scenario demands.

I think that this recent speight of arrests and legal proceedings has been made possible by a number of important steps forward. For a start, the amount of public awareness of sexual offenses against minors has increased over the last couple of decades, having been bought to public attention by the proliferation of information pertaining to sexual deviancy, and similar psychopathology, after big news items and shocking crimes, like those committed by Robert Thompson and Jon Venables, against James Bulger.

Although it was never spoken of in such terms at the time, James Bulgers murder in 1993, contained a pretty horrific level of sexual assault. The child had been violated in every way that a ten year old could manage to achieve, and it is pretty clear that the evolution of the killers psychopathology in later life has echoes of that brutal deviancy still. Furthermore, during the last couple of decades, there has been a greater focus on the crimes committed by some priests in the Catholic Church. These factors have lead to a greater awareness in the wider public, about the dangers posed to children from people in powerful positions.

Whether that power is represented by a person who is merely older than the victim, as in the case of James Bulger, or whether it is represented by a person who possesses a certain social status, the key is the abuse of that power, and people are more willing to be honest with themselves in this day and age, about the possible risk that a child is in, when alone with an adult, even one that ought to be trustworthy. People are, in short, more aware of the danger, and I think that is at least a step in the correct direction.

This increased awareness makes victims of historical abuse more likely to come forward, since the time is now past where people would automatically assume that their reason for comming forward was suspect, that their harrowing stories were nothing more than fabrications. Personally speaking, I would like to think that a time will soon come, where no child would even consider keeping secret such an offence against their person, and after that, a time where no such offence would ever be committed, such was the impossibility of its being covered up. That may prove in time to be a pipe dream, but it ought to be the goal I think.

Predatory sexual offenders are some of the most vile and insiduous persons walking the Earth today, and any social changes which close the gaps through which they are able to move, anything which collapses their support networks, their ability to seek sanctuary from observation and prosecution, is in my book a positive.

new topics

top topics

join